Tre Mitchell official visit | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell official visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Anybody have an idea how Durham is looking out there at ND? He may be the biggest loss if he is 100%.

Don’t sleep on Steven Enoch. If he ever gets some good Bigs Coaching how to hedge off of screens and other defense - he will be a good player with a more powerful body than Durham.

Reaction Score
Don’t sleep on Steven Enoch. If he ever gets some good Bigs Coaching how to hedge off of screens and other defense - he will be a good player with a more powerful body than Durham.

Chief I have to say this. We now know KO wasn't the greatest of coaches and fell short of expectations. But I have no doubt at all they taught Steve Enoch how and when to hedge, when to help and everything else. 2 years later he was dreadful on D (and couldn't finish on O). I hope the year off taught him something about hard work because between himself and KO he learned nothing, and to add more I guess none of his HS or prep coaches bothered either? I mean sometimes kids just don't get it, there's a better chance he doesn't get a lot better than he does. Hope he does ok but let's be honest he didn't work too hard to make himself better either. Change sometimes is a good thing hopefully for his sake it is because it was a rather unimpressive 2 years at UConn for a kid full of potential.

Reaction Score
Chief never sabotages the plan. If I can give specific information, I usually do. I did that with the 2 guards we signed. At other times this approach makes more sense. Big couple weeks ahead. Trust the coaches to manage things. We need a couple of Bigs and a swing man.
Guards are not signed yet...careful with the word choice

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Stain, this is the first post of yours I’ve liked in 3 years, you beat me to the punch on this. I think Chief did probably have some connection to Calhoun but highly doubt he knows anything more insider information than the rest of us now.

I agree with all of that 100%. However, I was actually responding to a different poster.

Reaction Score
So does anyone have a consensus here? After Gaffney and Bouknight, there was the sentiment that they would commit in the following couple days. Not the case here?

C

Chief00

Literally the complete opposite of what happened.
Reading is funDAMental.
Please re-read my posts. Not only did Chief predict the September dam break but specifically Gaffney and Bauknight before they announced.

Reaction Score
So does anyone have a consensus here? After Gaffney and Bouknight, there was the sentiment that they would commit in the following couple days. Not the case here?

We were the clear leaders for Bouknight and Gaffney at the time of their visits. Not the case here; in fact, we were clearly not the leader going into the visit (ND). Big difference.

It is encouraging that he hasn't committed to ND yet, though. My feeling is that we feel really good about Akok, and will push for a commitment on the visit this weekend or a couple days after. We'll then try to wrap up one of Wahab, Mitchell or Cockburn. Cockburn still seems to remain the first choice but hasn't been willing to pull the trigger yet or even schedule a visit (although we're apparently pushing for a visit later this month), so we stepped up the pursuit of Wahab and Mitchell to not only put the pressure on Cockburn, but as backup plans in case Cockburn shuns us for one of the big guns. Ultimately, we'll probably take the first of the three to commit...one in the hand better than two in the bush.

Reaction Score
In all fairness there were a couple other posters predicting bouknight and gaffney I believe before you did.
And the whole dam breaking thing in September is just logical. A month that has a bunch of official visits during a very strong signing period.

Reaction Score
It is encouraging that he hasn't committed to ND yet, though. My feeling is that we feel really good about Akok, and will push for a commitment on the visit this weekend or a couple days after. We'll then try to wrap up one of Wahab, Mitchell or Cockburn. Cockburn still seems to remain the first choice but hasn't been willing to pull the trigger yet or even schedule a visit (although we're apparently pushing for a visit later this month), so we stepped up the pursuit of Wahab and Mitchell to not only put the pressure on Cockburn, but as backup plans in case Cockburn shuns us for one of the big guns. Ultimately, we'll probably take the first of the three to commit...one in the hand better than two in the bush.[/QUOTE]

This.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
You're not wrong, but he's too insane to change. The rest of you, though, are supposedly the normal humans who are capable of not feeding the insanity. Hence, you are more guilty.

I'm not really a Chief basher. He can be funny and at times he sheds some light. I more often go for humor not anger with Chief.
Just saying that w/o any bashers, Chief and his fluffers ( real ones and jokers) take up a lot of space and detail many threads.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Chief I have to say this. We now know KO wasn't the greatest of coaches and fell short of expectations. But I have no doubt at all they taught Steve Enoch how and when to hedge, when to help and everything else. 2 years later he was dreadful on D (and couldn't finish on O). I hope the year off taught him something about hard work because between himself and KO he learned nothing, and to add more I guess none of his HS or prep coaches bothered either? I mean sometimes kids just don't get it, there's a better chance he doesn't get a lot better than he does. Hope he does ok but let's be honest he didn't work too hard to make himself better either. Change sometimes is a good thing hopefully for his sake it is because it was a rather unimpressive 2 years at UConn for a kid full of potential.

This. We were not dealing with a kid who hadn't learned the subtleties of how college coaches wanted them to play D. We were dealing with a kid who would have been yelled at by his teammates in a pickup game where nobody was playing real D for not playing enough D.

I have nothing against the young man. I'd love to see him succeed. But let's not pretend the primary reason he sucked while here was because the coaches were incapable of instructing anyone to even a minimal level.

Reaction Score
I'm not really a Chief basher. He can be funny and at times he sheds some light. I more often go for humor not anger with Chief.
Just saying that w/o any bashers, Chief and his fluffers ( real ones and jokers) take up a lot of space and detail many threads.
Agreed. I don’t have a major problem with Chief, I enjoy a good portion of his posts. I just don’t think he had inner circle knowledge with KO’s staff and don’t think he knows any more than the rest of now. He’s taken some educated guesses recently that proved to come true, it’s as simple as that.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Agreed. I don’t have a major problem with Chief, I enjoy a good portion of his posts. I just don’t think he had inner circle knowledge with KO’s staff and don’t think he knows any more than the rest of now. He’s taken some educated guesses recently that proved to come true, it’s as simple as that.

He is closer to an insider than I am!

C

Chief00

Chief did no such thing, but claims he did because he has a pathological hunger for the undying adoration of the masses.

Some learn slower than others - God Bless. Read the Dam Break thread and these other posts.
0D22A24E-AFAE-4870-95FF-A441CC8B1FA7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom