Tre Mitchell offered | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's a question because I think that has already happened multiple times: KO offered a lot of these CT kids already (Tre Mitchell in December for example). It seems like Hurley has to re-offer every kid KO did that he's interested in even though KO did it on behalf of UConn. Or is this not as formal a process as I am making it out to be?

Reaction Score
Here's a question because I think that has already happened multiple times: KO offered a lot of these CT kids already (Tre Mitchell in December for example). It seems like Hurley has to re-offer every kid KO did that he's interested in even though KO did it on behalf of UConn. Or is this not as formal a process as I am making it out to be?
I assume, and I 100% could be wrong, that Hurley sees who has been offered by us by Ollie and the previous staff and confirms the offer by contacting that recruit, or just doesn’t really stay in touch with a recruit he has no/little interest in pursuing.

Reaction Score
The KO offers mean basically nothing because there would be no follow up. I think it's normal to reoffer these kids because we have to show our intent somehow. Just like Hurley had to pull (for lack of a better word) the offers from kisunas and matthews because the KO offers don't show Hurleys intent.

Reaction Score
offering a scholarship is one of the least formal things you can do. they mean absolutely nothing. you could offer a kid today, he says he'll commit tomorrow, and you don't have to honor it at all

Reaction Score
Hurley also has an incentive to recruit smart kids and considering that Mitchell has offers from Yale and Stanford, he sounds like a real student/athlete. Nice size in the front court and a local kid, another chance to develop a Enoch-type player.

Reaction Score
From the mix tape I'd be 'all in'. This potential recruit is exactly the player that would change the fortunes of our program. Versatile, top 100, powerful, ability to score at multiple levels, some passing vision, enough athleticism to impact college, but not enough athleticism at his position to be 1 or 2 and off to the NBA. Love it. Couple him with a 7ft defensive oriented rim protector and our current mix of Carlton, Diarra... There would seem to be excellent program value attracting 1-2 of these 5* kids to reconnect with NBA aspirations, but I'll take this player over 1 and done if faced with a choice. To me he looks like a front court solution.

Reaction Score
Any update on our involvement with Coleman, or his interest level?
Seems like he was an Ollie recruit. Maybe Hurley will offer him down the line

Reaction Score
Poor? His athleticism looks pretty god for a kid his size and yes, the ball skills are very nice for a power type kid. Like him, very much needed body and style
He's coordinated but doesn't appear to be very explosive. Which is fine. Get him on a college training program and I bet he flourishes

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Very smart. Can't wait to see the Yard when he starts landing these kids.

It'll look like this:

(I'd love to insert a cool gif of it, but this site is being super fussy).

Reaction Score
I've seen him play. I think he would be a good addition, but we should not expect a very high ceiling, IMO.

I don't see him as a top 25 program starter, but he could be a great big-body backup, he's just low-rated enough he won't scare off all the top players, and he could be a good stabilizer at the position. We've been so volatile at the 4/5, having a guy to come in and be there for a solid 8/6 for a few years could be the ingredient we're looking for to get back into the tourney.

Reaction Score
Any update on our involvement with Coleman, or his interest level?
I would be surprised if Hurley offers him. NERR has him ranked 14th in New England below some guys I wouldn’t definitely wouldn’t offer.

I don’t think there’s room for he and Mitchell, and I’d rather go after the in state kid. Mitchell doesn’t have a good body type, but he is a stat sheet stuffer. He does a bit of everything. After seeing what Hurley did with Andre Berry, I’d be excited to have Mitchell.

He would also pair really well with Ako k, who lacks size but is an insane weak side rim defender. They can both stretch the floor too, which is awesome.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know he plays ball for Woodstock in CT but this kid is from Pittsburgh where his family is from and where he went to HS before transferring. I think we have a good shot, since he can visit and go to games being so close but I wouldn't call him a Connecticut/NE kid.

Reaction Score
From the mix tape I'd be 'all in'. This potential recruit is exactly the player that would change the fortunes of our program. Versatile, top 100, powerful, ability to score at multiple levels, some passing vision, enough athleticism to impact college, but not enough athleticism at his position to be 1 or 2 and off to the NBA. Love it. Couple him with a 7ft defensive oriented rim protector and our current mix of Carlton, Diarra... There would seem to be excellent program value attracting 1-2 of these 5* kids to reconnect with NBA aspirations, but I'll take this player over 1 and done if faced with a choice. To me he looks like a front court solution.
1nD is coming to an end soon. I really hope when that happens they implement a 2 year minimum if you decide to play in College.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom