Tre Mitchell offered | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tre Mitchell offered

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Good to see Hurley's first three offers for the 2019 class are the three top-100 kids from CT. Hurley's a smart guy.

Also nice to see Hurley is doing what he said he'd do. Not to keep harping on KO, but that's a nice change to see some follow through. Leads me to believe we'll put a tough team willing to fight on the floor.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He's coordinated but doesn't appear to be very explosive. Which is fine. Get him on a college training program and I bet he flourishes

I also think you are seeing the effect of a big kid playing against a bunch of 5'7 waterbugs. Makes him look slower afoot than he really is.

Watch the first step on that first dunk. That's quick. And he gets up nicely for the dunk.

Reaction Score
T
I've seen him play. I think he would be a good addition, but we should not expect a very high ceiling, IMO.

I don't see him as a top 25 program starter, but he could be a great big-body backup, he's just low-rated enough he won't scare off all the top players, and he could be a good stabilizer at the position. We've been so volatile at the 4/5, having a guy to come in and be there for a solid 8/6 for a few years could be the ingredient we're looking for to get back into the tourney.
Thinking okwandu here I see

Reaction Score
Still got his baby fat. Get him in the weight room, proper diet, good coaching, and this guy is a solid 4 year player. This is what we need, not here today gone tomorrow guys who are only using college as a stepping stone to the NBA.

Reaction Score
He's not the most athletic dude, but at this point, I've had my fill of those guys. He looks really, really strong. And it looks like he could be stronger. We haven't had a good banger down low in a long time.

Reaction Score
Another guy Jordan Williams had some baby fat on him and had a productive albeit short career for terps

Reaction Score
Former Elizabeth Forward standout Tre Mitchell drawing plenty of interest
Mitchell said he doesn’t have any leaders at this time and said he is in no rush to make a decision. However, two schools to keep an eye on are Pitt and UConn. Mitchell previously had offers from both, but each recently changed coaches. Since Capel and Hurley were hired, each has made it known that offers from those schools remain on the table.

Hurley already had a relationship with Mitchell, having offered him a scholarship while at Rhode Island.

“He said UConn was one of the places he always wanted to coach. He’s a really good coach and I think he’s going to do a great job there,” Mitchell said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom