OT: - Travelers Championship | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Travelers Championship

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
it's a tough par,
I'm not saying it's a tough par, like you said if you lay-up it's an easier one. But most went for the green and for those that missed it was a tough par. Many bad lies where they couldn't keep the ball that close even though they weren't that far away. Just reinforcing the risk/reward aspect of the hole that makes it so interesting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I miss when it was the Sammy Davis Junior - Greater Hartford Open.

Reaction Score
This is the worst week they could have picked. As usual the PGA Tour does Hartford no favors.

And what's with Tiger? - Hartford had the second African American winner in tour history, first in the north and for years Hartford had the only African American title sponsor on the tour -The Sammy Davis Junior - Greater Hartford Open. Yet Tiger has conscious skipped the place with probably the deepest African American history for his entire career.

Meh the US Open was on Long Island last year and they need to move the tournament around.

I don’t know why Tiger didn’t come when Buick sponsored it but I think that ship has sailed. He is exempt from the new rules (so is Phil) so he doesn’t have to play any new courses. I think he also the host of the tournament the week after Travelers.

Reaction Score
Yup....Andy B does a great job engaging with the players throughout the season and has genuine relationships with many of them. The Travelers Championship is an awesome tournament year after year. Players Choice award two years running as was pointed out. I am a standard bearer there every year. Great to walk the course with the best in the world. I work for Travelers and the company celebrates the event starting around this time annually

Reaction Score
I’ve been lucky to be a part of some events thanks to work. It’s an amazing event. They do an amazing job running it. Love sitting in the suite on 17 where you can see 15-16-17.
#humblebrag

Reaction Score
I don’t know why Tiger didn’t come when Buick sponsored it but I think that ship has sailed. He is exempt from the new rules (so is Phil) so he doesn’t have to play any new courses. I think he also the host of the tournament the week after Travelers.

The irony is that Hartford had such a long history as a place friendly to African American golfers. Why Tiger has singled out this tourney to ignore is strange.

Reaction Score
Justin Spieth committed today - a great field got better. Rumors that Rory may be coming again too. I didn't think the field would be as good as it is with the US Open at Pebble Beach this year. Next year with it at Winged Foot......wow.

Reaction Score
The irony is that Hartford had such a long history as a place friendly to African American golfers. Why Tiger has singled out this tourney to ignore is strange.
Don’t pay him enough appearance $. Yeah, I know it’s supposed to be illegal here. Can’t think of any other reason.

Reaction Score
Playing TPC RH tomorrow a day before the PGA takes over and no one is allowed to play until the players get there. Lucky enough a vendor rep is taking me, my boss and another sales guy who works for me to get an idea of what it looks like with the stands, towers and everything up without the people in them of course. Should be cool.

Reaction Score
The ticket forum is a little dead so I figured I'd ask here. Anyone have tickets they are looking to unload for Thursday or Friday?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I miss when it was the Sammy Davis Junior - Greater Hartford Open.
The ticket forum is a little dead so I figured I'd ask here. Anyone have tickets they are looking to unload for Thursday or Friday?

Back in the (SDJGHO) day, Randy Smith had an occasional column called Do You Wanna Bet? , he used that as the device for his witticisms. I never forgot the one where he said:

Do You Wanna Bet
that if you haven't found a free ticket to the GHO yet, you haven't looked hard enough.

That's not the case these days.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Right now the 10 day forecast showing mostly rain next week until a 4 day window of decent weather opens up. Hope it holds. Course could be a little soft Thursday.

Reaction Score
Playing TPC RH tomorrow a day before the PGA takes over and no one is allowed to play until the players get there. Lucky enough a vendor rep is taking me, my boss and another sales guy who works for me to get an idea of what it looks like with the stands, towers and everything up without the people in them of course. Should be cool.
I did the same thing a few years ago. Very cool playing with all the grandstands up. I went through several balls trying to get it on the umbrella on hole 15 1/2. Have fun!!!

Reaction Score
I did the same thing a few years ago. Very cool playing with all the grandstands up. I went through several balls trying to get it on the umbrella on hole 15 1/2. Have fun!!!

We can do that? Nice we will throw a couple bucks down on that I’m sure. Thanks

Reaction Score
We can do that? Nice we will throw a couple bucks down on that I’m sure. Thanks
Assuming the umbrella is out. It was when we played. Me and my buddy videoed each other trying to get it on. Neither of us did.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If anyone has an in on a single Mohegan Sun Club ticket for Saturday please PM me!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom