Trap game tonight? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Trap game tonight?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I don't have an issue with the bravado, good for you for posting this (as long as you come back after the game to eat some crow). My problem is you post all of those things about how UNH has a great chance to make a game of it and then finish by saying "Don't be surprised if it's still a game at the first media timeout." I would hope if your team can make a game of it that they would make it at least 6 or 7 minutes in before the game turned into a laugher.

Reaction Score
I really didn't get a good chuckle until I got to the part where he listed the tall wings as potential problems and they're all the same height as our point guards.
Apparently math is optional at UNH......this guy somehow believes 6'7", 6'6" and 6'4" is taller than 6'8", 6'7" and 6'5"

Reaction Score
Greetings, Husky fans. While normally our program takes a backseat to noone, I must concede in light of your groups recent accomplishment's that this will be a tough task for our boys tonight. I am NOT predicting a Wildcat win, so please don't twist my words or try to use them as bulletinboard materials. However, allow me to make the case that you could be sweating more then you think:

When you look up "trap game" in the dictionary, your likely to see a picture of our program. Just ask last years Boston College team, who decided to schedule a "buy game" sandwiched between bouts with Duke and Villanova. That night at Conte Forum began very innocently and ended in despair. And don't get me started on the Temple game from years back...

While your in that dictionary, you also might find us under "battle tested." As usual, UNH has assembled one of the most unforgiving OOC schedules in CBB. We've already played three true road games, which includes a trip to the Carrier Dome. There's no stage too big for this group of players.

You might not matchup at the wing. It's not often you find yourself calling a UConn team undersized, but with starting wings that go 6'4, 6'6, and 6'7, UNH can easily shoot over smaller players at that position. I don't want to get too far into the xs and os, but I see some advantages for us here.

We have much more experience in close games. Believe it or not, this is actually part two of our Connecticut tour. Part one was a riveting 83-80 victory over Fairfield, which followed a 74-71 nail's biter over Marist. UConn, meanwhile, has yet to play a close game and really hasn't played a non-conference opponent that has fought back in almost two years. My point? If its close late, advantage UNH.

I could go on listing a few more reasons, but I trust you'll learn for yourselves in a few short hours. Respect us, and don't be surprised if this is still a game at the first media timeout or beyond.

Thanks for the preview. If UNH stays within 30 it will be a good showing.

The reason is that you don't play slowdown. You're in the top third of the country for offensive tempo. That is bad for you and good for us. Manhattan did a nice job slowing the game and still got destroyed. If you play at the speed you are coached to play, it will get out of hand fast. As extra incentive, the Huskies are going for a record that is important to them, double digit wins. They should be flying.

We do respect UNH as we respect all our opponents. Apparently we respect you more than you respect Texas. You are always welcomed here win, lose or draw.

Reaction Score
I don’t like these 30+ point spreads because we win by 19 and that’s somehow a failure for some? A lot of this depends on who Hurley saves and plays. I assume Clingan’s minutes will be limited as may some starters.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don’t like these 30+ point spreads because we win by 19 and that’s somehow a failure for some?
That's when you consider the source.

Reaction Score
Greetings, Husky fans. While normally our program takes a backseat to noone, I must concede in light of your groups recent accomplishment's that this will be a tough task for our boys tonight. I am NOT predicting a Wildcat win, so please don't twist my words or try to use them as bulletinboard materials. However, allow me to make the case that you could be sweating more then you think:

When you look up "trap game" in the dictionary, your likely to see a picture of our program. Just ask last years Boston College team, who decided to schedule a "buy game" sandwiched between bouts with Duke and Villanova. That night at Conte Forum began very innocently and ended in despair. And don't get me started on the Temple game from years back...

While your in that dictionary, you also might find us under "battle tested." As usual, UNH has assembled one of the most unforgiving OOC schedules in CBB. We've already played three true road games, which includes a trip to the Carrier Dome. There's no stage too big for this group of players.

You might not matchup at the wing. It's not often you find yourself calling a UConn team undersized, but with starting wings that go 6'4, 6'6, and 6'7, UNH can easily shoot over smaller players at that position. I don't want to get too far into the xs and os, but I see some advantages for us here.

We have much more experience in close games. Believe it or not, this is actually part two of our Connecticut tour. Part one was a riveting 83-80 victory over Fairfield, which followed a 74-71 nail's biter over Marist. UConn, meanwhile, has yet to play a close game and really hasn't played a non-conference opponent that has fought back in almost two years. My point? If its close late, advantage UNH.

I could go on listing a few more reasons, but I trust you'll learn for yourselves in a few short hours. Respect us, and don't be surprised if this is still a game at the first media timeout or beyond.
You are adorable

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score

was Fairfield a trap game for UNH?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Respect us, and don't be surprised if this is still a game at the first media timeout or beyond.

Yeah lots of respect for someone looking for it IF they stay "close" at the 1st media timeout
WOW

Reaction Score
Southern Indiana took a 1-5 record into Carmeron Indoor the other night and led Duke 35-31 at the half. Stuff happens.

Duke won 80-62. Stuff unhappens..

I will make one startling confession, however. I would not want to try to beat UNH with our second five. Our first five will have to contribute,

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
You lost me at “If it’s close late, advantage UNH”.

Huskies by 30.

Reaction Score

1701119200223.png

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Respect us, and don't be surprised if this is still a game at the first media timeout or beyond.
Sounds about right, UNH will hang for the first 4 minutes or so like Manhattan.

Reaction Score
This part is unironcally true. UConn's last 40 wins have come by more than 5 points. The Hurley ejection Kimani Young Tyler Polley game was the last game we won by less than 6 points.

Reaction Score
I really don't think Dan permits trap games. He has probably convinced the team that UNH is just slightly worse than the old Houston teams with Olajuwon and Drexler. Dan's teams have just one speed, for good or ill.
I am concerned dan won’t have them revved up enough to keep the double digit streak going at kansas. Could be a let down, non double digit win.

Reaction Score

At the first media timeout lol. Respect

Reaction Score

You’re right… we’re untested in close games.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

rats GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom