Trap game tonight? | The Boneyard

Trap game tonight?

Reaction Score
Greetings, Husky fans. While normally our program takes a backseat to noone, I must concede in light of your groups recent accomplishment's that this will be a tough task for our boys tonight. I am NOT predicting a Wildcat win, so please don't twist my words or try to use them as bulletinboard materials. However, allow me to make the case that you could be sweating more then you think:

When you look up "trap game" in the dictionary, your likely to see a picture of our program. Just ask last years Boston College team, who decided to schedule a "buy game" sandwiched between bouts with Duke and Villanova. That night at Conte Forum began very innocently and ended in despair. And don't get me started on the Temple game from years back...

While your in that dictionary, you also might find us under "battle tested." As usual, UNH has assembled one of the most unforgiving OOC schedules in CBB. We've already played three true road games, which includes a trip to the Carrier Dome. There's no stage too big for this group of players.

You might not matchup at the wing. It's not often you find yourself calling a UConn team undersized, but with starting wings that go 6'4, 6'6, and 6'7, UNH can easily shoot over smaller players at that position. I don't want to get too far into the xs and os, but I see some advantages for us here.

We have much more experience in close games. Believe it or not, this is actually part two of our Connecticut tour. Part one was a riveting 83-80 victory over Fairfield, which followed a 74-71 nail's biter over Marist. UConn, meanwhile, has yet to play a close game and really hasn't played a non-conference opponent that has fought back in almost two years. My point? If its close late, advantage UNH.

I could go on listing a few more reasons, but I trust you'll learn for yourselves in a few short hours. Respect us, and don't be surprised if this is still a game at the first media timeout or beyond.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Something I love about Dan Hurley is that he has a way to make any game important to his team. He could convince our team to get up for an exhibition game against a D2 opponent because the other coach is wearing an orange tie, which is a clear sign of disrespect towards UConn...

Tonight's game actually has something to play for, a record setting 23rd straight win by double digits vs non-conference opponents.

New Hampshire will be the best "buy" game on our schedule this year, you are correct. But our guys are hungry to make NCAA history. Unfortunately for you, it probably won't be close...

Reaction Score
UConn-What.jpg

Reaction Score
Greetings, Husky fans. While normally our program takes a backseat to noone, I must concede in light of your groups recent accomplishment's that this will be a tough task for our boys tonight. I am NOT predicting a Wildcat win, so please don't twist my words or try to use them as bulletinboard materials. However, allow me to make the case that you could be sweating more then you think:

When you look up "trap game" in the dictionary, your likely to see a picture of our program. Just ask last years Boston College team, who decided to schedule a "buy game" sandwiched between bouts with Duke and Villanova. That night at Conte Forum began very innocently and ended in despair. And don't get me started on the Temple game from years back...

While your in that dictionary, you also might find us under "battle tested." As usual, UNH has assembled one of the most unforgiving OOC schedules in CBB. We've already played three true road games, which includes a trip to the Carrier Dome. There's no stage too big for this group of players.

You might not matchup at the wing. It's not often you find yourself calling a UConn team undersized, but with starting wings that go 6'4, 6'6, and 6'7, UNH can easily shoot over smaller players at that position. I don't want to get too far into the xs and os, but I see some advantages for us here.

We have much more experience in close games. Believe it or not, this is actually part two of our Connecticut tour. Part one was a riveting 83-80 victory over Fairfield, which followed a 74-71 nail's biter over Marist. UConn, meanwhile, has yet to play a close game and really hasn't played a non-conference opponent that has fought back in almost two years. My point? If its close late, advantage UNH.

I could go on listing a few more reasons, but I trust you'll learn for yourselves in a few short hours. Respect us, and don't be surprised if this is still a game at the first media timeout or beyond.
Respect to you for opening yourself up to this. For real.
Yet, I still have trouble with the narrative that not having played a close game is somehow a liability. An mlb closer with a lot of saves plays for a team who is in a lot of tight games: A dubious award to be sure.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Wow.

Someone must have slipped some hallucinogens in his Thanksgiving eggnog.

Reaction Score
Nice attempt to troll, but I see going for the record tonight (most consecutive double-digit non-conference wins) being a strong enough motivator. Also, how can you compare UConn to Boston College?? And a half-empty Carrier Dome to Gampel?? Have you looked at the size of our players?? I will grant you that Hurley still has not proven the ability to win a close game ;) so if you have a chance that might be it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I really don't think Dan permits trap games. He has probably convinced the team that UNH is just slightly worse than the old Houston teams with Olajuwon and Drexler. Dan's teams have just one speed, for good or ill.

Reaction Score
The best part of this is that OP casually goes back to 2016 to find a second example proving UNH is a "trap game"

Well done Wildcat

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Congrats on beating BC, the 170th best team in the country, a year ago. But no, UNH will not keep it close at all.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The best part of this is that OP casually goes back to 2016 to find a second example proving UNH is a "trap game"

Well done Wildcat
A bigger indictment is that he views trapping BC as some major accomplishment.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Frankly, I just hope we escape with our lives.

Season 8 Episode 22 GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Reaction Score
You might be on to something here. It’s well-known around here than Dan Hurley can’t win a close game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You might be on to something here. It’s well-known around here than Dan Hurley can’t win a close game.
In his defense, he hasn't had to out of conference, at least for the last 22 games.

Reaction Score

Love the analysis, and UNH is definitely one of the better of our buy-games... but no. This isn't a trap game. Our trap games are top-50 teams--we are not BC. We're the best team in the country.

Reaction Score

you lost me when you actually compared playing us to playing BC. Go away.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It's a trap, but the talent disparity is too great for there to be an upset

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member