Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex) | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
9 out of 21 find a home? I'd be curious to see how other colleges in the region compare(Pitt, Cuse, BC, MD, Rutgers, Penn St, Temple)

Reaction Score
Interesting that so few kids in the portal get P5 offers yet we have 3 guys going P5.
Vandy is a great school and a top engineering school, but let's not kid ourselves here, Vandy is only a P5 by association (like Rutgers, Illinois, BC, Syracuse, most of the PAC 12). Had Tyler not got hurt, UConn wins that game easily.

Reaction Score
Vandy is a great school and a top engineering school, but let's not kid ourselves here, Vandy is only a P5 by association (like Rutgers, Illinois, BC, Syracuse, most of the PAC 12). Had Tyler not got hurt, UConn wins that game easily.
I wouldn't say easily....but we definitely had a legit shot at winning that game had Tyler not gotten hurt

Reaction Score
3 out of 21 - 14.2% not a ringing endorsement of the outgoing players
It is actually surprisingly good. Tons of FBS transfers have trouble getting new FBS offers, let alone P5.

Reaction Score
Just to remind you we had the came won but unfortunately Vandy came back in the last couple of minutes. Steven Krajewski did a great job especially the last few minutes of the game.

Reaction Score
How about we turn the page on the excuses. The "if that ...or had that... happened or not happened"
Maybe it's time for no more excuses. New Coach, new attitude, new optimism, new era. How about "Just Win.
Absolutely, I agree, but first let me have some fun with this.
Who do I want to listen to on this subject? Snidely Whiplash, or:
Winston Churchill: "Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it", or:

Stephen Hawking: "We spend a great deal of time studying history, which, let's face it, is mostly the history of stupidity".

A penalty on the kicking team, versus the usual call of holding or blocking in the back by the receiving team on a kickoff, is so unusual it could be useful as a teaching moment on preparation and/or situational awareness.

Reaction Score
Love how some people like to take shots at outgoing kids. I’ll chime in here and say this: I would like to think that a HC and staff of any school in any conference would be wise enough to do due diligence and actually bring in kids they feel can compete against the schools in said conference. Now, none of that guarantees the kid will succeed but football coaches, just like the ones here are trusted to be able to evaluate and bring in the right talent. A good handful of P5 teams in the past years struggled with G5’s and FCS teams which doesn’t mean squat. Any given Saturday right? Vanderbilt is in the SEC and that young man will hopefully have a good experience in terms of competition

Secondly, when a portal kid posts just one offer it would be wise to guess that perhaps it was a calculated choice to go to a place that fit his academic profile and also provided the best chance to get on the field against the best comp as that affords the best chance to achieve his goals on and off the field. By no means does it say that was his only P5 interest/offer as some kids aren’t in the business of playing schools against others in public.

Lastly, I love how you’re only looking at our roster and saying if Tyler didn’t get hurt we win that game easily. How about their roster? I can’t say for sure who they were missing and what they were going through year one of a new coaching staff but that always makes me laugh when ppl say that.

Reaction Score
Love how some people like to take shots at outgoing kids. I’ll chime in here and say this: I would like to think that a HC and staff of any school in any conference would be wise enough to do due diligence and actually bring in kids they feel can compete against the schools in said conference. Now, none of that guarantees the kid will succeed but football coaches, just like the ones here are trusted to be able to evaluate and bring in the right talent. A good handful of P5 teams in the past years struggled with G5’s and FCS teams which doesn’t mean squat. Any given Saturday right? Vanderbilt is in the SEC and that young man will hopefully have a good experience in terms of competition

Secondly, when a portal kid posts just one offer it would be wise to guess that perhaps it was a calculated choice to go to a place that fit his academic profile and also provided the best chance to get on the field against the best comp as that affords the best chance to achieve his goals on and off the field. By no means does it say that was his only P5 interest/offer as some kids aren’t in the business of playing schools against others in public.

Lastly, I love how you’re only looking at our roster and saying if Tyler didn’t get hurt we win that game easily. How about their roster? I can’t say for sure who they were missing and what they were going through year one of a new coaching staff but that always makes me laugh when ppl say that.
Where am I taking shots at Jeremy? Vandy is a better engineering school than UConn by far and that's coming from someone who graduated from the school of engineering. In terms of football it's a net neutral move. In terms of education it a net positive move for Lucien. He made the best decision possible for him.

And yes Tyler brings another dimension to offense that makes it more difficult to defend. This isn't a shot at Steven Krajewski who performed outstanding against Vandy. Tyler's mobility makes defenses have to account for him in both the running and passing plays. So what I said still stands.

Reaction Score
Where am I taking shots at Jeremy? Vandy is a better engineering school than UConn by far and that's coming from someone who graduated from the school of engineering. In terms of football it's a net neutral move. In terms of education it a net positive move for Lucien. He made the best decision possible for him.

And yes Tyler brings another dimension to offense that makes it more difficult to defend. This isn't a shot at Steven Krajewski who performed outstanding against Vandy. Tyler's mobility makes defenses have to account for him in both the running and passing plays. So what I said still stands.
Tyler also had the benefit of playing when Mazzone was briefky here or at least adhering to some of his creativity. The only time UConn exhibited any kind of creativity on O or D during the season.

Reaction Score

Well, the original point was that we have three kids on our roster going P5 and you proceeded to say Vandy was only P5 by association and then supported your point by saying UConn almost beat them. Fair to say that according to your logic UConn is only G5 by association since Holy Cross dominated us on our home field and Wagner almost beat us a few years ago? What say you?

My thought was that Vanderbilt is in the SEC and plays an SEC schedule every year- it doesn’t matter where they stack in the conference. My other point was that Vanderbilt had players (Re’Mahn Davis) who were out possibly others that could have helped them beat us more handily then just squeaking by on a last second fg. Kudos to our boys for competing and almost pulling that game out but if you’re going to insert a healthy Tyler P into the matrix to change the outcome you should be fair and do the same for them

And lastly, I tend to think in terms of football it’s a net positive move for Lucien. He was graded by 247 as an 88 in the portal after his film was evaluated which represents a quality SEC starter. Again, doesn’t mean he will succeed but I would like to think that playing against Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tenn, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Mizzou, USC, Wake, etc. is way better than our schedule. And if you’re trying to make it to Sundays playing well against those teams give you a much better shot at achieving your NFL goals (if that’s what he wants) as you are doing it on a bigger stage- not to mention being in an actual conference with potential conference accolades and arguably the best conference at that no?

Just my two sense

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, the original point was that we have three kids on our roster going P5 and you proceeded to say Vandy was only P5 by association and then supported your point by saying UConn almost beat them. Fair to say that according to your logic UConn is only G5 by association since Holy Cross dominated us on our home field and Wagner almost beat us a few years ago? What say you?

My thought was that Vanderbilt is in the SEC and plays an SEC schedule every year- it doesn’t matter where they stack in the conference. My other point was that Vanderbilt had players (Re’Mahn Davis) who were out possibly others that could have helped them beat us more handily then just squeaking by on a last second fg. Kudos to our boys for competing and almost pulling that game out but if you’re going to insert a healthy Tyler P into the matrix to change the outcome you should be fair and do the same for them

And lastly, I tend to think in terms of football it’s a net positive move for Lucien. He was graded by 247 as an 88 in the portal after his film was evaluated which represents a quality SEC starter. Again, doesn’t mean he will succeed but I would like to think that playing against Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tenn, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Mizzou, USC, Wake, etc. is way better than our schedule. And if you’re trying to make it to Sundays playing well against those teams give you a much better shot at achieving your NFL goals (if that’s what he wants) as you are doing it on a bigger stage- not to mention being in an actual conference with potential conference accolades and arguably the best conference at that no?

Just my two sense
Hard to believe that Vandy team was composed of 40-60 rated recruiting classes over the last five years. Uguak also an 88.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say easily....but we definitely had a legit shot at winning that game had Tyler not gotten hurt
How do you say if t.p didn’t get hurt we easily win? This is not golf or tennis where it’s a individual sport it’s a team game. With that said s.k. Had 264 yards in the air and 42 yards on the ground. With a 32 yard pick up on one play and I believe a 18 yard go ahead TD run. Also didn’t they come back from 16 points down. There isn’t much more Steven Krajewski could have done to win that game. He did all he could to put them in position to beat a SEC team. If you blame anyone for that loss you blame the special teams penalty and the D for the yards they gave up. One more thing to throw in. He account for all 3 TDs that game and also led the team in rushing TDs. I can’t wait to see how this qb competition plays out and the way competent coaches develop Steven Krajewski. Spring ball is right around the corner. Good luck to the boys may the best player win and Go Huskies

Reaction Score
How do you say if t.p didn’t get hurt we easily win? This is not golf or tennis where it’s a individual sport it’s a team game. With that said s.k. Had 264 yards in the air and 42 yards on the ground. With a 32 yard pick up on one play and I believe a 18 yard go ahead TD run. Also didn’t they come back from 16 points down. There isn’t much more Steven Krajewski could have done to win that game. He did all he could to put them in position to beat a SEC team. If you blame anyone for that loss you blame the special teams penalty and the D for the yards they gave up. One more thing to throw in. He account for all 3 TDs that game and also led the team in rushing TDs. I can’t wait to see how this qb competition plays out and the way competent coaches develop Steven Krajewski. Spring ball is right around the corner. Good luck to the boys may the best player win and Go Huskies
You’re definitely not related.

Reaction Score
9 out of 21 find a home? I'd be curious to see how other colleges in the region compare(Pitt, Cuse, BC, MD, Rutgers, Penn St, Temple)
Here's some data:
UConn (w/o Mensah): 20 portal kids, 3 P5, 1 G5, 5 FCS

Northeast FBS Programs
:
BC: 11 portal kids, 0 P5, 5 G5, 1 FCS
Maryland: 22 portal kids, 3 P5, 7 G5
Penn St.: 9 portal kids, 2 P5, 3 G5,
Pitt: 11 portal kids, 2 P5, 3 G5, 3 FCS
Rutgers: 15 portal kids, 2 P5, 7 G5, 1 FCS, 1 JUCO
Syracuse: 17 Portal kids: 5 P5, 6 G5, 1 FCS
Temple: 8 portal kids, 2 P5, 2 G5, 2 FCS

Totals excluding UConn:

Portal kids: 77
P5: 16
G5: 35
FCS: 8
JUCO: 1
Not committed yet/no offers: 17

Comparison:

UConn: P5 = 15%, G5 = 5%, FCS or below = 25%, No home yet = 55%
Northeast FBS Programs (ex-UConn): P5 = 21%, G5 = 45%, FCS or below = 12%, No home yet = 22%

Reaction Score
Here's some data:
UConn (w/o Mensah): 20 portal kids, 3 P5, 1 G5, 5 FCS

Northeast FBS Programs:
BC: 11 portal kids, 0 P5, 5 G5, 1 FCS
Maryland: 22 portal kids, 3 P5, 7 G5
Penn St.: 9 portal kids, 2 P5, 3 G5,
Pitt: 11 portal kids, 2 P5, 3 G5, 3 FCS
Rutgers: 15 portal kids, 2 P5, 7 G5, 1 FCS, 1 JUCO
Syracuse: 17 Portal kids: 5 P5, 6 G5, 1 FCS
Temple: 8 portal kids, 2 P5, 2 G5, 2 FCS

Totals excluding UConn:

Portal kids: 77
P5: 16
G5: 35
FCS: 8
JUCO: 1
Not committed yet/no offers: 17

Comparison:

UConn: P5 = 15%, G5 = 5%, FCS or below = 25%, No home yet = 55%
Northeast FBS Programs (ex-UConn): P5 = 21%, G5 = 45%, FCS or below = 12%, No home yet = 22%

I don't want to do any wild extrapolations. But ... that analysis kinda puts the lie to kicking kids who left UCONN via transfer portal as they are out the door. We are kinda in the same basic group as those other 7; make it 9 because we know what Buffalo and UMass looks like too.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Have we talked about how Dylan Niedrowski (OL with two years of remaining eligibility) is no longer on the spring roster?

With Dylan exiting, and assuming Jeffreys and Moore arent coming back this summer (still on the published roster, but UConn has made mistakes in the past), we are at 83 scholarship players for fall 2022.

At this point we need to bring in at least one more OL for fall as we are running this spring with just 11 on scholarship with two of those rumored to be injured in Lundt and Brown. And then this summer we have two freshman coming in to bring us to 13 scholarship OL.

Of course the coaches have been making those spring offers to OL portal players, so it seems its on the agenda.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Have we talked about how Dylan Niedrowski (OL with two years of remaining eligibility) is no longer on the spring roster?
Insta says Football Alum

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220330-104250.png
    Screenshot_20220330-104250.png
    140.1 KB · Views: 138
Reaction Score
Back a bit in another thread. Dylan is not currently in the Transfer Portal.
Appears Peter Rooney and Dylan Niedrowski have chosen to move on. Not pictured here and no longer listed on the roster. Both of their Twitter profiles indicate they’ve chosen to graduate even though they had one more year of eligibility.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
May 1st quickly approaching.... transfer after May and you will have to sit out 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom