Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex) | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We need to keep Clercius as well. He has both size and speed. He has made few great catches this season and may have the highest upside of all our receivers.
Marion is my favorite WR of the bunch. The other 2 favs (Ross & Drayton) i hope come back 100% healthy and ready to ball out

Reaction Score
Of that group, was hoping medlock would see it thru (assuming he wasn’t asked to move on).
Medlock entered his name in the portal in October (tweet in this thread was from October 25); before the current staff was hired.

Reaction Score
So legitimate question because I'm not up to date on the portal rules and whatnot. If one of the kids that put their name in the portal decided that they wanted to stay at UConn, what happens then?

Reaction Score
So legitimate question because I'm not up to date on the portal rules and whatnot. If one of the kids that put their name in the portal decided that they wanted to stay at UConn, what happens then?
They can have a discussion w/ the staff to see if the feeling is mutual and remove themselves from the portal...

Reaction Score
They can have a discussion w/ the staff to see if the feeling is mutual and remove themselves from the portal...
So they can keep their scholarship and what not? I know it's a dumb question, but Google didn't help and my expertise is in optical fiber coatings lmao.

Reaction Score
So they can keep their scholarship and what not? I know it's a dumb question, but Google didn't help and my expertise is in optical fiber coatings lmao.
It's up to the staff if they want to keep them? The staff can also remove the player from their scholarship once they enter their name in the portal (which is why you see some increased activity after a semester ends). You can breeze through this thread for info from back a bit: NCAA Transfer Portal - The process

Reaction Score
It's up to the staff if they want to keep them? The staff can also remove the player from their scholarship once they enter their name in the portal (which is why you see some increased activity after a semester ends).
Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Reaction Score
Dumb question but I'll ask...........I assume for each that left, frees up an additional scholarship for recruiting....anyone have an idea for what we'll have?

Reaction Score
Dumb question but I'll ask...........I assume for each that left, frees up an additional scholarship for recruiting....anyone have an idea for what we'll have?
I believe each transfer portal adds to the class max of 25 up to 7 additions total. So 32 total people we can have in the class now. It appears that 18 were leaving as of Senior day and then an additional 9 or 10 as of now in the portal. I assume that meanse currently we stand at around 27 or 28 recruits we can bring in, plus an additional unused scholarships that we might of had before. Looking like we will be able to have close to the max class of 32.

Reaction Score
I believe each transfer portal adds to the class max of 25 up to 7 additions total. So 32 total people we can have in the class now. It appears that 18 were leaving as of Senior day and then an additional 9 or 10 as of now in the portal. I assume that meanse currently we stand at around 27 or 28 recruits we can bring in, plus an additional unused scholarships that we might of had before. Looking like we will be able to have close to the max class of 32.
Some of the players in the transfer portal were part of senior day.

Reaction Score
Some of the players in the transfer portal were part of senior day.
I feel like that is a very important distinction. If they got their degree, then go explore other opportunities. Most every other kid going to grad school is going to look at other schools, so why should a student athlete be restricted?

Reaction Score
Thank you for explaining that. That was very clear.

Reaction Score
All of this should make it clear that for most positions trying to "save" a year of eligibility through redshirting has become much less effective as a viable strategy.

Reaction Score
UConn OL Stanley Hubbard who transferred out in December 2019:

Odd timing, reading some articles - seems like he might have been demoted to second string for JMU’s opening round playoff game.

Reaction Score
So far we have 18 who walked on senior day, and 8 others who have entered the portal. 2/10 of the players in the portal at the moment also walked on senior day (Hairston and Walker). So 26 as it stands right now. And the semester isn't even over yet.

Reaction Score
So far we have 18 who walked on senior day, and 8 others who have entered the portal. 2/10 of the players in the portal at the moment also walked on senior day (Hairston and Walker). So 26 as it stands right now. And the semester isn't even over yet.
thanks, only impact player we lost this far is Lucien.

Travis Jones graduates and goes to NFL, same for Van Demark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman