Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex) | Page 36 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I may be misremembering, but I thought one of the stipulations of the grad transfer process is that your masters program has to be in something that is not offered at your previous school.

That very well could have changed with the new open transfer policies.
I think that you are right. So he needed to pick a program that UConn did not offer? If so, understandable, but I thought that requirement had been removed.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Revisiting the outbounds - Jeremy Lucien continues to the the standout of the kids we lost. Continue to keep an eye on him.

DB Shamel Lazarus>Stony Brook <--On two deep, has 6 tackles in 9 games. Stony Brook is 0-6 on the season
LB Dillon Harris
TE Jayce Medlock>Alabama State <--Has three catches on the season through 5 games with 1 TD, no catches in Oct.
DB Jeremy Lucien>Vanderbilt <--Our biggest loss; Been the starter the last four weeks with a PFF grade as 6th best CB in the SEC during that time. Only allowed one catch the past weekend vs Georgia. 28 tackles on the season.
QB Jack Zergiotis>Merrimack College <--Started the first three games of the season with 642 yards, 7TD passes/1 rushing TD and 1 interception before getting hurt.
OL Femi Sakiri>Abilene Christian University
DL Justin Moore
WR Cam Hairston>Southwestern Okla. State Univ. <--Has 14 catches over 5 games with 245 yards and 1 TD. No catches the last two weeks however, perhaps hurt.
OL Sidney Walker>Buffalo
DB Jalon Ferrell->UMass <--Current starter at S, 30 tackles in 6 of 7 games with 2 pass break ups.
DB Terrance GanyI->Maine <--injured perhaps? appeared in 2 games (one in Sept, one in Oct) recording 2 tackles
DL Pierce DeVaughn>New Hampshire <--has stats in 3 of 7 games with 9 tackles and 2 hurries.
RB Kevin Mensah>Declared for NFL Draft
DB Diamond Harrell
WR Heron Maurisseau>New Hampshire <--9 receptions with 189 yards and 2 TDs through 7 games. Also has 5 rushing touches with 24 yards.
LS Kevin Cahill
DL Lwal Uguak>TCU <--has stats in three of six games played with 6 tackles and 1 QB hurry.
DB Malik Banks
WR Elijah Jeffreys>University of New Haven
OL Robbie Rochester>TCU
QB Micah Leon
QB Steve Krajewski>Georgia State <--Hasn't appeared in a game, listed on the depth chart along with another back up QB.
DB Reyan Blake>Bethune Cookman
LB Deondrick Speight
TE Christopher Johnson
RB Maxwell Modeste
WR Joshua Tracey>Post University
DB Winston Jules

Reaction Score
Lucien was told if he stayed he wouldn’t play. Obviously he would have helped us this year, but with 105 man rosters not every personnel decision is going to work out, no matter how good a coach is.

Good for the young man that he’s having a good year in the SEC at a great academic school.

Reaction Score
Lucien was told if he stayed he wouldn’t play. Obviously he would have helped us this year, but with 105 man rosters not every personnel decision is going to work out, no matter how good a coach is.

Good for the young man that he’s having a good year in the SEC at a great academic school.
Lucien was told he wouldn’t play? Kid is an nfl corner. That’s crazy if true .

Reaction Score
I think it was more so he would have to compete for his spot like the rest of the other guys did because Mora told them he was bringing in transfers, but had the option to stay.

Reaction Score

Well we had Wortham and brought in Shearin. He probably wasn’t crazy about that. But he probably should have stayed.

Reaction Score
Well we had Wortham and brought in Shearin. He probably wasn’t crazy about that. But he probably should have stayed.
Seems like there’s a timeline issue with this post. Didn’t he go into the portal before Shearin was offered?

Reaction Score
I think it was more so he would have to compete for his spot like the rest of the other guys did because Mora told them he was bringing in transfers, but had the option to stay.
That would be interesting. He was the starter. Why be afraid to compete as the incumbent to then leave and have to well…Compete as a newcomer in a tougher conference?

Makes more sense that he was told to leave. Edsall did it to a lot of the legacy guys when he got in and Mora did it here most likely. Either way, looks like everyone is doing just fine- UConn is way more competitive than last year and Lucien seems to be doing well in the SEC.

Reaction Score
That would be interesting. He was the starter. Why be afraid to compete as the incumbent to then leave and have to well…Compete as a newcomer in a tougher conference?

Makes more sense that he was told to leave. Edsall did it to a lot of the legacy guys when he got in and Mora did it here most likely. Either way, looks like everyone is doing just fine- UConn is way more competitive than last year and Lucien seems to be doing well in the SEC.
Possible, but a lot of the guys that left exception of lua who is at TCU and Lucien were probably told their options like everyone else. Those that were starters knew their spots weren’t guaranteed and it’s college football, you always gotta outperform those in your position group to get the starting nod. Edsall cleaned house and probably didn’t know how to develop the talent from the previous regimes. Mora on the other hand is using half of the recruits Edsall brought in and making them look competitive.

Reaction Score

I can vividly remain him getting absolutely shredded when were home against Middle Tennessee last year. Maybe he’s been coached up this year, but in that game he was the worst player on the field, no question. Sure, anyone can have a bad game, but if Mora saw even a second of game film from that game in particular then I can’t fault him for moving on.

Reaction Score
Seems like there’s a timeline issue with this post. Didn’t he go into the portal before Shearin was offered?

Maybe, but that’s irrelevant. Either way he knew they were bringing in some help.

Reaction Score
He also does well in the classroom (engineering). I bet Vandy put out a feeler to him (they saw him in person last year) and he wanted to explore the opportunity. If true, I don't blame him.

Reaction Score
NFL Corner? I thought his nickname was Toast because he got burned so often?

Reaction Score
I doubt Mora asked him to leave as opposed to Lucien wanting to leave. He was close to the Edsalls, great academically and graduated. Spanos more likely make that recommendation if it even happened. Mora has used what he inherited more than RE. Wants to be good now AND in the future.

Reaction Score
I can vividly remain him getting absolutely shredded when were home against Middle Tennessee last year. Maybe he’s been coached up this year, but in that game he was the worst player on the field, no question. Sure, anyone can have a bad game, but if Mora saw even a second of game film from that game in particular then I can’t fault him for moving on.
The Middle Tennessee was his worse game of the the year. The MT receivers were big and physical. I though he sustained a big hit in the Umass game a couple of weeks earlier which may have affected his play. I also thought Lucien was our best corner in the beginning of the year but Wortham was better cornerback the 2nd half of the season.

Reaction Score
Lmao! I honestly believe that Mora didn’t need to look at any games to make a decision to reshape his roster. But since you were so vehement about this it made me curious- so I checked the stats for that game

Lucien gave up 5 catches for 69 yards and a TD
Dixon gave up 5 catches for 76 yards and a TD
Durante Jones 2 catches for 35 yards and a TD

To be honest, I wouldn’t call any of those numbers getting “absolutely shredded” unless Mora has never coached any DB’s in college or the NFL that has given up similar stats in a seemingly difficult position as CB- not sure that would be the litmus test for him to say a CB isn’t any good. Would you agree?

Now, I dug a little deeper…Had Mora watched any of the Fresno game Lucien gave up 1 catch for 4 yards and was the highest grader corner in the game. Moving on to Wyoming, Vanderbilt, Holy Cross- all graded out as high in coverage. Interesting that you mention that anyone can have a bad game yet say perhaps he’s been coached up ? Or….Perhaps he was a solid player that just happened to give up 5 catches for 69 yards to a very good MTSU offense?

Just curious as to what getting shredded looks like in your book? Again, only reason why I brought this up is because you were so passionate about this and here I am just thinking he pulled an Edsall and just told a bunch of players to hit the road which is perfectly fine and within his right.

Reaction Score
Maybe, but that’s irrelevant. Either way he knew they were bringing in some help.
From what I can remember they brought in Wortham to compete and he won the job. Not sure why he would bail as the incumbent starter for the next season?

Reaction Score
From what I can remember they brought in Wortham to compete and he won the job. Not sure why he would bail as the incumbent starter for the next season?

Because they told him they were bringing in more.

Reaction Score
Consensus going into off-season was UConn was gonna have a lot of kids including those that started transfer out because of uncertainty on what Mora was going to bring to the table. Now there are guys who Mora specifically talked to and told them it was in their best interest to transfer if they wanted to go somewhere and play a lot more minutes because he was for sure bringing in better guys depth wise/ could be a starter to make practice more challenging.

One person who was a starter and hit the portal quickly was Sidney Walker, I think everyone knew on the board he wasn’t that great at the center position, but apparently was told he could stay but will not be a starter because bringing in someone more experienced and better. Everyone else who was a starter would either be a two deep player or starter depending if they got push out by the transfers.

Reaction Score
NFL Corner? I thought his nickname was Toast because he got burned so often?
Well, referring back to the initial info by the poster, here’s what my logic tells me or steers me away from…If he got toasted so much it’s highly unlikely that an SEC team (and who cares where they rank) that has to line up against the best of the best, that played against him for 60 minutes and most likely dug through his entire film to render a decision- would bring someone on board because it would be worse based on the level of competition upgrade.

And it’s highly unlikely that a player can go from terrible as you say to being one of the top corners in the SEC up to this point and doing it on the worst team- all in one year.

I think the entire secondary was decent last year but just suffered from non complimentary football i.e no pass rush and too many 3 and outs by the offense.

Just my humble opinion though

Reaction Score
Consensus going into off-season was UConn was gonna have a lot of kids including those that started transfer out because of uncertainty on what Mora was going to bring to the table. Now there are guys who Mora specifically talked to and told them it was in their best interest to transfer if they wanted to go somewhere and play a lot more minutes because he was for sure bringing in better guys depth wise/ could be a starter to make practice more challenging.

One person who was a starter and hit the portal quickly was Sidney Walker, I think everyone knew on the board he wasn’t that great at the center position, but apparently was told he could stay but will not be a starter because bringing in someone more experienced and better. Everyone else who was a starter would either be a two deep player or starter depending if they got push out by the transfers.
I’m of the belief that even an existing HC tells his starters that no position is safe going into the next year and that you can lose your spot if you don’t bring it. I don’t necessarily think that everyone who hits the portal was somehow allergic to competition.

Reaction Score
Because they told him they were bringing in more.
And you know this for sure…How? I get it, out with the old and in with the new…I said UConn is in a far better place than last year and coaching up the existing guys with the additions- the results are absolutely there
But I’m also of the belief that several things can exist at the same time- Mora wanted players out of there and some of those players were actually good enough to contribute and the choice of staying was basically taken out of their hands.

Reaction Score
And you know this for sure…How? I get it, out with the old and in with the new…I said UConn is in a far better place than last year and coaching up the existing guys with the additions- the results are absolutely there
But I’m also of the belief that several things can exist at the same time- Mora wanted players out of there and some of those players were actually good enough to contribute and the choice of staying was basically taken out of their hands.

It’s an assumption. They were pretty transparent with the guys. And Lucien had an opportunity with a P5 it’s a pretty simple to read.

Reaction Score
Well, referring back to the initial info by the poster, here’s what my logic tells me or steers me away from…If he got toasted so much it’s highly unlikely that an SEC team (and who cares where they rank) that has to line up against the best of the best, that played against him for 60 minutes and most likely dug through his entire film to render a decision- would bring someone on board because it would be worse based on the level of competition upgrade.

And it’s highly unlikely that a player can go from terrible as you say to being one of the top corners in the SEC up to this point and doing it on the worst team- all in one year.

I think the entire secondary was decent last year but just suffered from non complimentary football i.e no pass rush and too many 3 and outs by the offense.

Just my humble opinion though

It’s Vanderbilt man. Come on. They haven’t won an SEC game in the last 14 tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom