Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex) | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Transfers to date:

2023 Transfer Portal Cycle (8/1/22> 7/31/23)

RB Will Knight

Reaction Score
Mora was praising Brewton and Houston the other day, could be that touches were going to be tough in that backfield

Yeah my guess is that he assumed he would get the lion's share of carries, and then he saw that Carter would be the bell cow with Brewton/Houston/Rosa all getting some burn. Frankly, not worried about this departure

Reaction Score
Yeah my guess is that he assumed he would get the lion's share of carries, and then he saw that Carter would be the bell cow with Brewton/Houston/Rosa all getting some burn. Frankly, not worried about this departure
My first reaction was wow. Now that I’ve read this we should be ok.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
That's nuts. He was a bigger name recruit for us from portal IIRC. Speaks highly of the running backs we already have in the current roster. We also have burns from Miami the transfer we got last year. My guess is we have a lot of running backs and like others have said Mora thought we had enough and might found that he didn't probably have as many carries as he was hoping for.

Hope he finds a good home and does really well.

Reaction Score
My first reaction was wow. Now that I’ve read this we should be ok.
So your first reaction is "problem," but when people who want it to not be "problem" hypothesize why it may be "no problem" you accept their speculation as fact? Are you interested in a bridge I own connecting lower Manhattan to Brooklyn?

Maybe he wasn't going to play and it's no problem. Maybe he was and it is a problem. But over the last 12 years the "problems" have outweighed the "no problems" by a huge amount, so waiting and seeing may be more prudent.

Reaction Score
I've got to think that this is more complicated than him not getting enough carries. He's essentially forfeiting a year of eligibility and won't be playing ball this year.

Reaction Score
So your first reaction is "problem," but when people who want it to not be "problem" hypothesize why it may be "no problem" you accept their speculation as fact? Are you interested in a bridge I own connecting lower Manhattan to Brooklyn?

Maybe he wasn't going to play and it's no problem. Maybe he was and it is a problem. But over the last 12 years the "problems" have outweighed the "no problems" by a huge amount, so waiting and seeing may be more prudent.
Fair point. I really am in wait in see mode, but I’ve always been a glass half full guy. Sometimes thats good, sometimes bad.

Reaction Score

It's only a problem if we have a couple injuries. Carter and Rosa might be the new Todman and Dixon and Brewton and Houston are faster than both of them. I'm impressed that our depth is good enough to keep a talented back like Camryn Edwards at safety even with the loss of Knight.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Mora has more patience than most....it seems.
Yeah. I think this is why a lot of his former players speak so highly of him. He's a players coach and seems to really do what's best for the players in the end.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
From This is UConn Country Camp Recap:

RB WILL KNIGHT ENTERED PORTAL

Transfer running back Will Knight has entered the portal, but it sounds like the door is open if he wanted to return.

“Unless he withdraws his name from the portal, right now he’s on the market a little bit,” Mora said after practice.”

So, much like a professional whose team is shopping around, safe to assume UConn doesn't let him practice or do anything team related while he is in the portal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom