Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex) | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another guy I don't see listed anymore on the roster is JUCO DB who committed in May and signed in June. He was listed (as #27) earlier in fall camp.

Reaction Score
Looks like he is still in JuCo
B37ECFB0-A38D-465C-A232-4887F078008D.jpeg

Reaction Score
@huskymedic

Reyan Blake > Bethune-Cookman
Max Modeste > Oklahoma State (PWO) .. sitting this year out. Saw on his twitter earlier this week
Nice find on Reyan Blake... Bethune Cookman looks like it's loading up from the portal with FBS kids as well.. Gotta keep with what Coach Prime is doing at Jackson State...

Reaction Score
Losing three to P5 schools hurts.
IMHO, Lucien wasn't a big loss, he got beat way to many times until he finally lost the job to a true FR. Smart kid, great student so Vandy was a good fit for Grad school. Also see he isn't starting for them either, though he's listed as 2 of the back ups at one corner spot.

Reaction Score
Losing three to P5 schools hurts.
Here is where they are now:

Lucien - backup CB at Vandy.
Uguak - backup DE at TCU
Rochester - development OL at TCU

I think Lucien and Uguak could have helped UConn this year, but they aren't starters on P5 schools that are not expected to be very good this year. TCU is ranked #60 in the CBS Sports college football rankings and Vandy is ranked #113.

Reaction Score
UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Transfers to date:

2022 Transfer Portal Cycle (8/1/21> 7/31/22)

DB Shamel Lazarus>Stony Brook
LB Dillon Harris
TE Jayce Medlock>Alabama State
DB Jeremy Lucien>Vanderbilt
QB Jack Zergiotis>Merrimack College
OL Femi Sakiri>Abilene Christian University
DL Justin Moore
WR Cam Hairston>Southwestern Okla. State Univ.
OL Sidney Walker>Buffalo
DB Jalon Ferrell->UMass
DB Terrance GanyI->Maine
DL Pierce DeVaughn>New Hampshire
RB Kevin Mensah>Declared for NFL Draft
DB Diamond Harrell
WR Heron Maurisseau>New Hampshire
LS Kevin Cahill
DL Lwal Uguak>TCU
DB Malik Banks
WR Elijah Jeffreys>University of New Haven
OL Robbie Rochester>TCU
QB Micah Leon
QB Steve Krajewski>Georgia State
DB Reyan Blake>Bethune Cookman
LB Deondrick Speight
TE Christopher Johnson
RB Maxwell Modeste
WR Joshua Tracey>Post University
DB Winston Jules

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Transfers to date:

2022 Transfer Portal Cycle (8/1/21> 7/31/22)

DB Shamel Lazarus>Stony Brook
LB Dillon Harris
TE Jayce Medlock>Alabama State
DB Jeremy Lucien>Vanderbilt
QB Jack Zergiotis>Merrimack College
OL Femi Sakiri>Abilene Christian University
DL Justin Moore
WR Cam Hairston>Southwestern Okla. State Univ.
OL Sidney Walker>Buffalo
DB Jalon Ferrell->UMass
DB Terrance GanyI->Maine
DL Pierce DeVaughn>New Hampshire
RB Kevin Mensah>Declared for NFL Draft
DB Diamond Harrell
WR Heron Maurisseau>New Hampshire
LS Kevin Cahill
DL Lwal Uguak>TCU
DB Malik Banks
WR Elijah Jeffreys>University of New Haven
OL Robbie Rochester>TCU
QB Micah Leon
QB Steve Krajewski>Georgia State
DB Reyan Blake>Bethune Cookman
LB Deondrick Speight
TE Christopher Johnson
RB Maxwell Modeste
WR Joshua Tracey>Post University
DB Winston Jules
I havent checked the others, but I did notice that Lwal Uguak got a lot snaps in TCU's 59-17 win over Tarleton State with 3 tackles and a QB hurry. Dont believe he had any stats in week 1.

Also getting serious playing time this week was Jeremy Lucien at Vandy in their road loss to Wake. Jeremy had 4 tackles and 2 PBUs. He seemed to play most of the snaps after replacing the starter and might have earned a start next week.

Reaction Score
I havent checked the others, but I did notice that Lwal Uguak got a lot snaps in TCU's 59-17 win over Tarleton State with 3 tackles and a QB hurry. Dont believe he had any stats in week 1.

Also getting serious playing time this week was Jeremy Lucien at Vandy in their road loss to Wake. Jeremy had 4 tackles and 2 PBUs. He seemed to play most of the snaps after replacing the starter and might have earned a start next week.

Good for those guys! Not easy to come in as a transfer and supplant a starter that was there for Spring. The fact they’re getting good minutes and production bodes well for them.

Hope all the other players who transferred experience success. There was some talent that was jettisoned out

Reaction Score
I was wrong about Lucien... He probably would've helped out here a bunch under this new staff...

Reaction Score
Here is where they are now:

Lucien - backup CB at Vandy.
Uguak - backup DE at TCU
Rochester - development OL at TCU

I think Lucien and Uguak could have helped UConn this year, but they aren't starters on P5 schools that are not expected to be very good this year. TCU is ranked #60 in the CBS Sports college football rankings and Vandy is ranked #113.
Well, TCU is ranked 67 spots better than us so those kids would have helped. Lucien made a great personal choice with an upgrade in academics and football.

Reaction Score
From Engineering to Human Development?????

I may be misremembering, but I thought one of the stipulations of the grad transfer process is that your masters program has to be in something that is not offered at your previous school.

That very well could have changed with the new open transfer policies.

Reaction Score
From Engineering to Human Development?????
Well, I suspect (only a hunch) that one who has a degree in hand in Mechanical Engineering doesn’t necessarily have to master in it in order to succeed in life. I also suspect that given all of the sacrifices on football that had to be made in order to juggle such a rigorous course load- once the paper was obtained the focus shifted to going as easy academically as possible in order to devote an adequate amount of time to football-seeing that he was going to compete in arguably the toughest conference in college football.

And here’s the genius part I think- no matter what you start a masters in, once he put on the Vanderbilt football jersey, he has access to the robust and quite successful alumni base that is more than willing to support a young man’s post football career who has demonstrated academic proficiency and bled black and gold. Again, just a guess but I would say that’s a damn smart move no?

Reaction Score
I may be misremembering, but I thought one of the stipulations of the grad transfer process is that your masters program has to be in something that is not offered at your previous school.

That very well could have changed with the new open transfer policies.
Well, the word “transfer” should be used very loosely here I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger