Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle) | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle)

Reaction Score
Spring Ball finished. Suddenly a glut of transfers. New WR Coach. Didn’t work hard enough in off season or academics?? Spring Ball didn’t look good. Asked to leave. No such thing as coincidence.

Price of progress.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Considering we didn't really lose anyone in the first window, we shouldn't be losing our minds over losing players now. Look around and you'll see tons of players entering the portal now that Spring practice is ending and coaches are having conversations with players. I just read that 16 players entered the portal after CU's Spring Game, one of which was their starting WR who put up something like 170 yards in the game and already has offers from Auburn and PSU.

What matters now is who Mora can bring in. Can he upgrade what is leaving. That's where the great coaches separate themselves from the good coaches. Using the portal effectively is a skill that is vital now in CFB.

Reaction Score
Have some patience...this is going on at every program. Colorado just had something like 12 players enter the portal yesterday including 2 or 3 of their top WRs as well as their top DB recruit. Think about that for a second...Deion Sanders couldn't keep a top DB recruit committed.

Reaction Score

Several thoughts, either:
This says something about Cincinnati's current wide receivers; or We didn't know what we had.
I'm guessing the former. Like maybe they need a short yardage, possession type receiver...........unless this was a PWO to fill a slot with an experienced backup receiver.

Reaction Score
This says something about Cincinnati's current wide receivers; or We didn't know what we had.
I'm guessing the former. Like maybe they need a short yardage, possession type receiver...........unless this was a PWO to fill a slot with an experienced backup receiver.
I was impressed by what Turner did last year and thought he was by far our biggest loss to the portal this year. He's not a short yardage possession type receiver. He has the moves and speed to create yards after catch and can be a downfield threat.

Reaction Score
Oh ye' of little faith in our talent... bottom line, the kid is talented... probably wasn't a fit with the new staff (at the end of the day)... We did have talent (FBS level) sprinkled in around probably which was a lot of (maybe too much of) on the fence/tweener FBS/FCS talent...

Reaction Score
This isn't hard to me. The kid showed productivity at the FBS levels. Sure yiu can find kids with better "measurables", but those mean nothing compared to proven production. My guess is he will get other P5 offers. I don't think the kid is WR1, but in the right system he will make plays.

Reaction Score
Turner was very good. He is a loss. Marion is also a good player. But before he was hurt Ross was our best WR by a lot.

Fitzgerald had a hard time getting on the field.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
WR room was gutted by transfers and NFL draft early entries.

Only had 5 scholarship receivers during spring ball and just 1 scholarship slot guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom