Transfers (merged threads) | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Transfers (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Rumor has it that she would end up at UCONN. Oregon and Oregon State are loaded with guards. UCONN is in need of bodies and she wants to go to a program with the best coaching and a chance to get to a final four and compete for a national title. It wouldn’t be a shock if she looks at UCONN .....
No chance man. Gonzaga way before UConn.

Reaction Score
Geno would be getting Evina AND Eva Westbrook. Proceed with Caution.

I dont know what this means.

Geno has not been afraid to recruit one sister hard and express little interest in the other one. (Eg, Courtney & Ashley Parris.) No one is going to force a package deal on him.

Reaction Score
Evina will not end up at UConn, she’s a 2 who wants to play point. With the guards we having coming in 2020, I don’t see her at UConn. I was thinking she would end up at Louisville, but with their recent transfers, I think she ends up at one of the Oregon schools, or possibly UCLA as their point guard will be exhaust her eligibility next year.

Reaction Score
This sounds like a South Carolina signing all the way. No issues with in conference recruiting either. I would have said Louisville as well but they just got three players including a really good guard.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Clay Kallam, hardly a flake, posted on the Cal message board in a thread titled Westbrook that Evina was interested in UConn. I don’t recall the exact wording of his post. There was no mention that UConn was interested in Westbrook.

Reaction Score
Assuming Westbrook sits out a year, Oregon State would not at all be loaded with guards when she becomes eligible. They would have Slocum, Goodman, and Simmons as the only guards on the entire roster.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Evina Westbrook Transferring from Tennessee | Bear Insider

"Westbrook obviously would be a great get, but since she's looking at UConn, as I understand it, I don't think a rebuilding program like Cal would be as attractive.

But you never know ..."
Very interesting. I know that many pundits, including Rebecca were critical of Westbrook for her comments after TN’s loss to UCLA. My take was that a reporter stuck a mic in front of a young lady, asking her a loaded question, after an emotional loss at the end of an emotional season when she was frequently vilified by LV vans while playing out of position for a HC that was never up to the task at hand. While Westbrook’s answer shocked a lot of people, obviously it was a spot on criticism that foreshadowed Phil Fulmer decision a short time later to part ways with HW.

If in fact Westbrook is interested in UConn, no doubt she will have to convince Geno that she is first and foremost about hard work, getting better as a player and doing whatever it takes to help the team win, including playing somewhere other than pg. If she makes that commitment to Geno, I see no reason why UConn should not consider Westbrook as a potential transfer.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
This sounds like a South Carolina signing all the way. No issues with in conference recruiting either. I would have said Louisville as well but they just got three players including a really good guard.
With Harris being a senior next year...this seems plausible.

Reaction Score
Rumor has it that she would end up at UCONN. Oregon and Oregon State are loaded with guards. UCONN is in need of bodies and she wants to go to a program with the best coaching and a chance to get to a final four and compete for a national title. It wouldn’t be a shock if she looks at UCONN .....

i would love to see play here at UCONN, love her game ! she can play multiple positions standing at 6'0 foot

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One other comment about Evina Westbrook. As most people know, when a player lists themselves in the transfer portal, they can remain at their current school and not transfer, with the blessing of the HC. From the day that Westbrook was listed in the portal, VolNation has been schizophrenic over whether she would ultimately stay or go.

That uncertainty was removed today when new HC KJH announced that she had met with Westbrook who confirmed her decision to transfer. KJH subsequently “wished her well.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very interesting. I know that many pundits, including Rebecca were critical of Westbrook for her comments after TN’s loss to UCLA. My take was that a reporter stuck a mic in front of a young lady, asking her a loaded question, after an emotional loss at the end of an emotional season when she was frequently vilified by LV vans while playing out of position for a HC that was never up to the task at hand. While Westbrook’s answer shocked a lot of people, obviously it was a spot on criticism that foreshadowed Phil Fulmer decision a short time later to part ways with HW.

If in fact Westbrook is interested in UConn, no doubt she will have to convince Geno that she is first and foremost about hard work, getting better as a player and doing whatever it takes to help the team win, including playing somewhere other than pg. If she makes that commitment to Geno, I see no reason why UConn should not consider Westbrook as a potential transfer.
a lot of ifs. my bet is Geno passes

Reaction Score
Two post alone on this page.....adding nothing to the "transfer" conversation. whining about swerve.....while participating in it. Hmmmm.
And this involves you how?
Bye.

Reaction Score

I always felt if Evina never cancelled her visit (Hurricane Matthew was in town) she would have been a Gamecock. I’m sure Dawn is in touch and advocating her to move to the off guard position. Just because your a good passer doesn’t mean your a PG. I think she can be sensational on the wing as a scoring guard.

Reaction Score
I always felt if Evina never cancelled her visit (Hurricane Matthew was in town) she would have been a Gamecock. I’m sure Dawn is in touch and advocating her to move to the off guard position. Just because your a good passer doesn’t mean your a PG. I think she can be sensational on the wing as a scoring guard.
I think this is the perfect recruit for South Carolina. Add Westbrook to the stud 4 players from 2019 and you have an amazing starting 5 for 2020. Not going to help that much for 2019-20 though.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I didn't even think South Carolina was one of her finalists.

Reaction Score
I think this is the perfect recruit for South Carolina. Add Westbrook to the stud 4 players from 2019 and you have an amazing starting 5 for 2020. Not going to help that much for 2019-20 though.

I agree, the question remains if she wants to continue being a PG or move to her natural position. I’m also not sure what you mean by her not going to help much next year? I think she’ll be given immediate eligibility and that will certainly help If she transfers to SC.

Reaction Score
I didn't even think South Carolina was one of her finalists.

SC was in her top 6 and she was going to visit but a bad Hurricane hit and she never rescheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom