Transfer thread | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2003 had Barb Turner, Willnett Crocket, and Jessica Moore up front.
2020-21 will have NOBODY as good as any in that 2003 trio-N O B O D Y! Pun intended.

I say you are about as wrong as can be wrong with that last sentence. Two freshmen and a sophomore who didn't play in big games as a freshman? Yeah, that's why Geno played a zone in the title game. :rolleyes: (Dolson Stewart KML) & (Stewart, Tuck, KML) were both miles better than the 2003 front line. And the 2 lines I listed did it without Taurasi.
Turner, (a personal favorite) was a newspaper 6' player. More like 5'10". Her rebounding in the title game against Tenn was huge. But she and Crockett (6'2"?) were FRESHMEN in 2003 and Moore(6'3"?) was a sophomore who didn't didn't play in big games as a freshman. I'd guess that if those 3 were incoming freshmen today you'd point to their lack of size and experience as clear evidence they had no chance playing effectively inside, or making much of a contribution, especially a relative midget like Turner. Kind of puts a snag into those who say freshman 6'2" Edwards (or 5'11" McClean) can't possibly play inside as a sub because of their size and lack of experience. :rolleyes:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
In Jessica's junior season she averaged 9.5/7.1 while ONO averaged 11.0/8.5 last year. I think ONO is at least as good as Jessica Moore, and I think she will be better as a Junior (assuming we have a season).

I agree with this. Liv is already a much better passer than Jessica ever was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom