Transfer rumor | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Transfer rumor

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Nan would go through VN like a swarm of locusts through a wheat field! Nothing left standing! She would have to destroy the place in order to save it!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
They are far more hostile to the few Uconn fans brave (dumb?) enough to post there. Even the polite ones get slammed.

Most of my posts there were very polite, I usually stuck to recruiting. Still got dragged through the mud haha.. that was my cue to stop posting. At least here, if you play nice then people are nice. The few times I do post crazy things here, it’s intentional and I’m expecting ya’ll to get riled up so I’m prepared for it haha.... but over there they’ll get on you for breathing! LOL

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
They are pretty damn funny!! I stop by every now and then for an uplift. Wonder what is going on with The Summitt.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Joke? What joke?

I was already measuring Nan's space as an addition to my palatial existing quarters.

Was thinking along the lines of a spa area.
Just for that, I'm cutting your pay in half. You now owe me $5 a month instead of $10.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I would think that Temery is the mod to transfer. After all, he has to sit on the bench behind a strong starting three of Nan, JS, and fan favorite Biff...
Tom would nuke the place in the first half hour. If you really want to sic someone on them, send Fishy. He'll bring the wood chipper along and have things straightened out in short order.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Tom would nuke the place in the first half hour. If you really want to sic someone on them, send Fishy. He'll bring the wood chipper along and have things straightened out in short order.
Ah. Another chance to bring out the famous Boneyard woodchipper. The good old days.....

woodchip.gif

Reaction Score
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Co-mod maybe. Otherwise,

Third your Second!

Reaction Score
Nan is tough but VN is like a black hole of evil. I’m not sure any power of good could overcome it.

Then again I think VN is nicer than what I recall of the Summitt.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I can't speak to her transferring, but I do have a proposal for a new rule for mods. If a mod periodically changes his or her avatar to a strong woman, he or she should be required to tell the board who the woman is.

Reaction Score
Ah, yes. "Divorce, Connecticut style" ....

upload_2017-12-11_18-55-26.png

Reaction Score
I can't speak to her transferring, but I do have a proposal for a new rule for mods. If a mod periodically changes his or her avatar to a strong woman, he or she should be required to tell the board who the woman is.
That's what "Search Google for image" is for...

THOR: RAGNAROK Star Tessa Thompson Talks Valkyrie's Costume ...

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/.../thor-ragnarok-star-tessa-thompson-t...
160 × 90 - Mar 10, 2017 - Creed's Tessa Thompson talks here about how Valkyrie fits into Thor: Ragnarok, her costume, appearnace, and much more! Plus, could we see the hero return in Avengers: Infinity War?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Will do.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
O.K. As a show of good faith I'll be the first to comply. This is my Grandmother Rose. ;)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
... At least here, if you play nice then people are nice. The few times I do post crazy things here, it’s intentional and I’m expecting ya’ll to get riled up so I’m prepared for it haha.... but over there they’ll get on you for breathing! LOL
I couldn’t agree more with your last sentence! Here all logical, respectful and insightful dialogue is not only welcomed but encouraged. There are a few overzealous posters but for the most part all are polite (and fervent) UConn fans.

I will say this about this years Tenn team, I really thought they would fold late in the game against Texas but they rose to the occasion. There was far too much “chippyness” from some of the LVs and again shows CHW does not command that team as any top coach would and should. That said, give them props for being Undefeated so far. They may be top 3 in the SEC this year (oh the pain it took to write that!). :confused:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
O.K. As a show of good faith I'll be the first to comply. This is my Grandmother Rose. ;)
Wait, I just realized. During the 70's I saw Biff Rose open a couple of rock shows. Uh-h-h. Now, I don't know, but is you or is you ain't?

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score

Yes, the mighty puncher of throats. You can see him in action on the CR board.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
I lurk but I’ve since stopped posting on VolNation. They are particularly hostile to rival fans, particularly SC fans. I understand why though. I’m sure CockyTalk wouldn’t welcome Volunteers with open arms either.

It also doesn’t help that @SCspur uses every opportunity to pick and prod LOL.
I didn't know there was rivalry between Southern California and Tennessee? I must have missed that one....

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I would not trade our mods for any in the entire universe! They are the absolute best!
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Now, with that said, I expect especially gentle treatment the next time I make a wonky post. This one doesn’t count against that allowance.
See? My opinions are easily and cheaply purchased.

Reaction Score
As a lifelong member of the Lady Vol Family I can honestly say that even I get a migraine after I read some of the posts on VolNation.

I find myself scrolling faster than I can even read because it feels like every thread is one big inside joke filled with countless different emotions that change constantly depending on how they feel that day.

Good lawd...I’ll stick to the Facebook group.

-HS

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As a lifelong member of the Lady Vol Family I can honestly say that even I get a migraine after I read some of the posts on VolNation.

I find myself scrolling faster than I can even read because it feels like every thread is one big inside joke filled with countless different emotions that change constantly depending on how they feel that day.

Good lawd...I’ll stick to the Facebook group.

-HS
Welcome to the Boneyard!

Every board has "scroll over" type threads, including the Boneyard. Fans are fans everywhere. Regarding VN, it's really not that bad, certainly not as, um, difficult :rolleyes: as the Summitt in its heyday. VN has had understandably cranky fans the last few years. It's a bunch not used to seeing the LVs lose. I dread the day that UConn goes into some kind of decline - heck, fans are chewing up players for not winning by enough points now. What will happen when the team starts losing?

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Boneyard!

Every board has "scroll over" type threads, including the Boneyard. Fans are fans everywhere. Regarding VN, it's really not that bad, certainly not as, um, difficult :rolleyes: as the Summitt in its heyday. VN has had understandably cranky fans the last few years. It's a bunch not used to seeing the LVs lose. I dread the day that UConn goes into some kind of decline - heck, fans are chewing up players for not winning by enough points now. What will happen when the team starts losing?

Agreed. Every team has their ummm “fans” that thrive to redefine the word My aunt played for Pat, so I’ve been around it since I was in diapers. It’s more prominent in certain fan bases obviously, but I think it resides in all fan bases. Some just do a better job of keeping those fans locked up lol

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Boneyard!

Graham and Nan. Good stuff you two.

Reaction Score
Who the hell is Nan???
That’s it. If ever a separate thread needed a proper launch..this it it.

Who the hell is Nan. I favor the old chestnut about “Nan” being the on-line persona of CD. Really, who the hell is she ? Once asked for history book recommendations at Christmas...but who the hell is she ? Hmm...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom