Transfer rumor | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Transfer rumor

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
That’s it. If ever a separate thread needed a proper launch..this it it.

Who the hell is Nan. I favor the old chestnut about “Nan” being the on-line persona of CD. Really, who the hell is she ? Once asked for history book recommendations at Christmas...but who the hell is she ? Hmm...

Somehow I am thinking of that old Jim Croce song..."you don't mess around with Jim" I'll take a pass on this conversation.

Reaction Score
Somehow I am thinking of that old Jim Croce song..."you don't mess around with Jim" I'll take a pass on this conversation.

Wise. But the question is haunting. NAN...New Avatar Now. I guess next year it’ll be...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
They are far more hostile to the few Uconn fans brave (dumb?) enough to post there. Even the polite ones get slammed.

Wwwwwhhaatt??? Really? With all of the charm, grace and personality (and compassion) that we exude we visit other threads? You mean they really don't like us???
I can't imagine why!?! :eek: Heh heh heh. :D

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Wwwwwhhaatt??? Really? With all of the charm, grace and personality (and compassion) that we exude we visit other threads? You mean they really don't like us???
I can't imagine why!?! :eek: Heh heh heh. :D

I'm reminded of Cinderella and the Ugly Stepsisters. We are the polite and charming one.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Most of my posts there were very polite, I usually stuck to recruiting. Still got dragged through the mud haha.. that was my cue to stop posting. At least here, if you play nice then people are nice. The few times I do post crazy things here, it’s intentional and I’m expecting ya’ll to get riled up so I’m prepared for it haha.... but over there they’ll get on you for breathing! LOL

OH! So you like to poke the bear every once in a while eh? :cool:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nan can't transfer unless she is one of the walking dead- she was hung several years ago despite the best lawyer efforts of Cameron Crazy, who defended her against charges of being a secret Duke acolyte. A conspiratorial fake news story if ever there was one. Men's team could use a good hanging, though.
Don't think so, unless I missed it. Are you thinking of CTO?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Don't think so, unless I missed it. Are you thinking of CTO?
No, it was me. I had to put I dance with the devil in the pale moonlight in my signature for a month.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That’s it. If ever a separate thread needed a proper launch..this it it.

Who the hell is Nan. I favor the old chestnut about “Nan” being the on-line persona of CD. Really, who the hell is she ? Once asked for history book recommendations at Christmas...but who the hell is she ? Hmm...
Maybe it's an existential question.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Boneyard!

..Regarding VN, it's really not that bad...What will happen when the team starts losing?
Umm, not that I want to get on your bad side but if you really think VN is "really not that bad" either you don't read the posts I do or you must have a VERY high pain threshold on websites other than this one. There's no way any of the derogatory and blatantly obnoxious language and insinuation would ever occur here or on 98% of other forums.

On the second comment, I am totally confused? To what do you speak as it does not compute-UConn start losing? I don't think so, they lost the one game in this last half of the decade that they are allowed...:rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Umm, not that I want to get on your bad side but if you really think VN is "really not that bad" either you don't read the posts I do or you must have a VERY high pain threshold on websites other than this one. There's no way any of the derogatory and blatantly obnoxious language and insinuation would ever occur here or on 98% of other forums.

On the second comment, I am totally confused? To what do you speak as it does not compute-UConn start losing? I don't think so, they lost the one game in this last half of the decade that they are allowed...:rolleyes:
Well, I don't visit very often and when I do, I scan for interesting subject lines. I haven't been there for a while, actually. But I do get the angst over watching a once-proud program losing to teams it used to routinely spank.

CL82

Reaction Score
No, it was me. I had to put I dance with the devil in the pale moonlight in my signature for a month.
How the heck did I miss that? What year was this?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Maybe on the old Rivals board? It's been a while. Maybe @CamrnCrz1974 knows
I can't give any exact dates but it was around the same timespan that I made that boneyard woodchipper gif and that was July 2004.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
O.K. upon further review I found a picture of the hanging (that I will not pull up here) and it was from September 2003.

JS

Reaction Score
O.K. upon further review I found a picture of the hanging (that I will not pull up here) and it was from September 2003.
Well, if you haven't been hung in 14 years you've hardly been hung at all.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Nan can't transfer unless she is one of the walking dead- she was hung several years ago despite the best lawyer efforts of Cameron Crazy, who defended her against charges of being a secret Duke acolyte. A conspiratorial fake news story if ever there was one. Men's team could use a good hanging, though.

@hoopingcrane and @HuskyNan , it was on the old Rivals board, circa 2003 or 2004. Truly a very entertaining Boneyard thread. As I recall, @Biff (or maybe it was another board member) created some artwork to commemorate said occasion (and HuskyNan's exoneration)

The attached photo is @HuskyNan and I at the 2011 Fiesta Bowl, when UConn played Oklahoma. I am wearing the Boneyard pin that HuskyNan gave to me, thereby bestowing my "honorary Boneyarder" status. Should any of you decide to ignore double jeopardy and bring false allegations of Nan's treachery, please take heed that HuskyNan is not wearing a "The Devil's Den" pin or any Duke paraphernalia/memorabilia - and it is I, the Duke graduate, with "The Boneyard" pin and at a Connecticut football game.

Unfortunately, I do not have pictures from the multiple occasions I met @EricLA (back when he was ericsandiego).

Attachments

• Boneyard-HuskyNan.jpg
    Boneyard-HuskyNan.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
Reaction Score
@hoopingcrane and @HuskyNan , it was on the old Rivals board, circa 2003 or 2004. Truly a very entertaining Boneyard thread. As I recall, @Biff (or maybe it was another board member) created some artwork to commemorate said occasion (and HuskyNan's exoneration)

The attached photo is @HuskyNan and I at the 2011 Fiesta Bowl, when UConn played Oklahoma. I am wearing the Boneyard pin that HuskyNan gave to me, thereby bestowing my "honorary Boneyarder" status. Should any of you decide to ignore double jeopardy and bring false allegations of Nan's treachery, please take heed that HuskyNan is not wearing a "The Devil's Den" pin or any Duke paraphernalia/memorabilia - and it is I, the Duke graduate, with "The Boneyard" pin and at a Connecticut football game.

Unfortunately, I do not have pictures from the multiple occasions I met @EricLA (back when he was ericsandiego).
Cool story! I was at that game too. Was rooting for Oklahoma though (my alma mater). Will be rooting for the Huskies in next week's WBB game though. Moved to CT and became a UConn WBB fan before I ever realized OU had a team.

CL82

Reaction Score
Ah, I thought it was a Men's BB board hanging. Still I am surprised that missed it (or surprised that I forgot about it, which is an equally likely possibility.) Who presided over the trial?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ah, I thought it was a Men's BB board hanging. Still I am surprised that missed it (or surprised that I forgot about it, which is an equally likely possibility.) Who presided over the trial?
It was a men’s board hanging. Judge Deepster

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom