Transfer Portal | Page 40 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agreed. We don't need more than 2 guards - but they both need to be able to run the point.
Based on the guys we're reaching out to. It feels like the staff is going for two guards who they think can shoot and challenge for big minutes (Newton, Richard/Reeves). A high upside guard who can fight for bench minutes (Curbelo/Carter). Then will most likely leave the 4th scholarship open in case a 2023 recruit eventually wants to get on campus a year or a semester early

Reaction Score
We currently don't have anybody we can count on to breakdown a defense. Hopefully Floyd. We also can't really trot out lineups with another non shooter next to Andre and Adama. So ideally one guard who can't both shoot and create and another guard/wing who can shoot. Andre brings so much to the table but he makes fit imperative for our next additions. I would rather get lesser players who can shoot than a high upside guy like Curbelo.

Reaction Score
Over 1000 kids in the portal. Gotta feel good about the pieces we are about to pick up. I don't know anything, but I sense a couple of impact transfers will commit soon.

Reaction Score
It's actually simple math. 1000 plus guys in the portal, a Top 25 Program in need of players. No reason the haul shouldn't be impressive.
Nothing wrong with optimism.

After all the portal players are accounted for, we'll find out if:

optimism=realism.

Or, we'll find out what was in the drained swamp. :)

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with optimism.

After all the portal players are accounted for, we'll find out if:

optimism=realism.

Or, we'll find out what was in the drained swamp. :)
I figure out of 1000 plus players in the Portal a couple hundred of them are pretty good. Why shouldn't a Top 25 Program with plenty of playing time available get a few of them?
The portal should wind up being a clear net positive for UConn.

Reaction Score
SCORING GUARD ALERT

UTEP’s Souley Boum just hit the portal. 6’3 grad transfer.

19.8p, 4.5r, 2.9a, 2to, 1.8s.

Career 40.8 2p%, 35 3p% (about 1/2 shots from deep), and 84.1 ft%.

His 6.8 fta ranked 10th in the nation and a good indicator of his ability to create offense and attack the rim. C-USA was solid this year (13th best conference per KP) so stats look pretty sexy right now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
SCORING GUARD ALERT

His 6.8 fta ranked 10th in the nation and a good indicator of his ability to create offense and attack the rim. C-USA was solid this year (13th best conference per KP) so stats look pretty sexy right now.
3% steal rate is nice athleticism indicator. Good efficiency at volume (thanks to the FTs and 3s), which puts his PORPAGATU! at the 4th best transfer overall, in the Sears/KJ Williams/Newton tier. Shot distribution is pretty similar to Cole's as to midrange, rim, and 3pt frequency. 6'3" is a little small for an off-guard, but his passing has been improving. He's a bit combo-ish at this point. Maaaaybe you could get away with just him+Jackson, at least for stints.

By on/off he's not super helpful on D (junior year they did slightly better with him on, senior year slightly worse), but holy hell has he been valuable to them on offense. 20+ per 100 point swing on offense with him on/off. It's not really that their offense was elite with him but it sure was bad without him.

Reaction Score
SCORING GUARD ALERT

Small item but Kimani went to UTEP. Can't hurt.

Reaction Score
3% steal rate is nice athleticism indicator. Good efficiency at volume (thanks to the FTs and 3s), which puts his PORPAGATU! at the 4th best transfer overall, in the Sears/KJ Williams/Newton tier. Shot distribution is pretty similar to Cole's as to midrange, rim, and 3pt frequency. 6'3" is a little small for an off-guard, but his passing has been improving. He's a bit combo-ish at this point. Maaaaybe you could get away with just him+Jackson, at least for stints.

By on/off he's not super helpful on D (junior year they did slightly better with him on, senior year slightly worse), but holy hell has he been valuable to them on offense. 20+ per 100 point swing on offense with him on/off. It's not really that their offense was elite with him but it sure was bad without him.
Somebody call Hurley.

Reaction Score
If you ever have the chance to get the 4th best Porpagatu you gotta take it.
I think this was said in jest, but I genuinely agree lol.

You have to adjust for tier of competition obviously, but guys like DeVante Jones and Michael Flowers dropped a little but were still all-conference level players (or maybe one tier below) at their new major conference school after posting similarly strong porps the year before. I'd expect him to perform to the same efficacy (not same style) of a Kellan Grady, Ron Harper Jr, Donald Carey, or Colby Jones. Something like that.

Reaction Score
I think this was said in jest, but I genuinely agree lol.

You have to adjust for tier of competition obviously, but guys like DeVante Jones and Michael Flowers dropped a little but were still all-conference level players (or maybe one tier below) at their new major conference school after posting similarly strong porps the year before. I'd expect him to perform to the same efficacy (not same style) of a Kellan Grady, Ron Harper Jr, Donald Carey, or Colby Jones. Something like that.

It was posted entirely in jest but I think we can all acknowledge it is a silly name. You are a good poster and deserve the benefit of the doubt, no matter how weird the name of this advanced stat.

Reaction Score
SCORING GUARD ALERT

A must-get if his last name is pronounced “BOOM”.

Crispino and other announcers would have fun with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom