Transfer Portal Porta Potty | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal Porta Potty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
i just can't see Clingan playing 30 minutes. between foul trouble and conditioning there will be a decent amount of backup minutes available for Johnson and Singare
Clingan will be one of the most monitored / watched college players in the country next season. He’ll be conditioned. Being a lottery pick is the incentive. Probably running wind sprints right now.

Reaction Score
Some here crowned Rick a little to early. He’s gotten nobody.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
When do we have to have our roster complete. Or does anyone know when we will have an idea who will be on the team. There seems to be a lot of speculation in this thread. I am just trying to figure out when I should start paying attention. I am trying to write this very carefully as I understand it is a very sensitive topic.

Reaction Score
Someone announcing that Clayton was going to St Johns. Looks like a change of heart maybe

If the interweb scuttlebutt is to be believed, it'll be interesting to see where Jenkins ends up if Clayton goes to FL.

Reaction Score
When do we have to have our roster complete. Or does anyone know when we will have an idea who will be on the team. There seems to be a lot of speculation in this thread. I am just trying to figure out when I should start paying attention. I am trying to write this very carefully as I understand it is a very sensitive topic.
Check back after the NCAA early entry deadline May 31st.

Reaction Score
The NBA combine isn’t until mid May and players have until the end of May to decide if they’re returning or not. Would think we’ll know decisions shortly after the combine for guys that are going to put their name into the draft (Jackson, Sanogo likely will). We’ll know final roster make up by early June for sure but chances are, the staff are close to knowing it by now.

Reaction Score
None of the schools are putting up any of this money. I keep seeing X school has a good NIL budget, but it's all third parties, donors, boosters. The schools can't do it. At best they can introduce players to those who can.

NCAA is going to come down on this stuff in recruiting. They will do their best to allow NIL but not allow it as an inducement to sign with a school out of HS or as a transfer. Charlie Baker is already talking about it, and I think the coaches and schools mostly want to get it under control.
Money is gonna run out, especially in basketball. Once novelty wears off, no one is giving $300k per year. A bag man with $10k? No problem. $300k for 5 months and no guarantee?

Reaction Score
I don’t think you understand the kind of money certain schools/the people that support them have
Or that boosters have been paying players for decades already

Reaction Score
I don’t think you understand the kind of money certain schools/the people that support them have
I dont think its actually money running out, but if everyone is throwing around silly amounts, then there will still be the same relative parity there is now. The $ people will be tired of paying huge sums of money for second round exits.

I guess its more like Patience will run out.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Very curious about Butler. I didn't love the Matta hire personally, but his track record speaks for itself at least. So far he's nabbed two solid mid/low major performers and a former top-100 4-star MSU recruit that never got much traction in East Lansing. Seems like he's throwing you know what at the wall and hoping 2/3 stick and are able to play at the BE-level. So far he seems to be leveraging the portal the right way, but losing a guy like Lukocious is a tough blow for anything you're trying to develop there. If they return Manny Bates they have a fighting chance to not come in last? But looks like another rough year in Indy.

Very curious to see who holds down last place between Hall/DePaul/Butler.
Georgetown . Last.

Reaction Score
Very curious about Butler. I didn't love the Matta hire personally, but his track record speaks for itself at least. So far he's nabbed two solid mid/low major performers and a former top-100 4-star MSU recruit that never got much traction in East Lansing. Seems like he's throwing you know what at the wall and hoping 2/3 stick and are able to play at the BE-level. So far he seems to be leveraging the portal the right way, but losing a guy like Lukocious is a tough blow for anything you're trying to develop there. If they return Manny Bates they have a fighting chance to not come in last? But looks like another rough year in Indy.

Very curious to see who holds down last place between Hall/DePaul/Butler.
I’m not looking at his stats but I’m not a fan of Lukocious. He can shoot, but I think he is slow and isn’t fast to the ball or to the rim and he doesn’t elevate much. His ball handling isn’t elite enough to make up for his slow feet either.

Maybe Matta is looking for something else..

Reaction Score
Money is gonna run out, especially in basketball. Once novelty wears off, no one is giving $300k per year. A bag man with $10k? No problem. $300k for 5 months and no guarantee?

I totally disagree, the money will continue to flow. Buying a few players has massive impact in basketball. Both Miami guards had million dollar nil deals. The center had 500k. Pretty big salary cap bought final 4. Watch st johns buy players with mike repole money. Ian jackson could be the first

Reaction Score
I totally disagree, the money will continue to flow. Buying a few players has massive impact in basketball. Both Miami guards had million dollar nil deals. The center had 500k. Pretty big salary cap bought final 4. Watch st johns buy players with mike repole money. Ian jackson could be the first

Me too. The players will be getting paid and there is no coincidence the NIL floodgates opened after the Supreme Court commentary on the NCAA. Maybe over time the payer changes to the schoo or the conference (after the inevitable split from the NCAA). You are not putting the toothpaste back in the tube.

Reaction Score
Again. If some of our “wings” don’t come back why would he come off the bench? He’s start over jaylin Stewart or any other wing we’ve recruited
I think Andre is the only wing that is potentially not, no? And Mgbako is more of a 4 than a 3 at this point.

Reaction Score
I think Andre is the only wing that is potentially not, no? And Mgbako is more of a 4 than a 3 at this point.
Can’t speculate. But I wouldn’t know honestly if he’s more of a 3 than a 4. Watching is highlights he can definitely play the 3 at the college level.

Reaction Score
Read on the interwebs UNC and Louisville are the ones pushing hardest for him right now. Would be pretty funny if he wound up at UNC.

One guy (can’t remember if that was on Twitter or Reddit, two shining beacons of truth anyway) said Kentucky was not expected to get involved.

Reaction Score
Read on the interwebs UNC and Louisville are the ones pushing hardest for him right now. Would be pretty funny if he wound up at UNC.

One guy (can’t remember if that was on Twitter or Reddit, two shining beacons of truth anyway) said Kentucky was not expected to get involved.
UNC has a crap load of playing time available. Makes sense

Reaction Score

I’m sure there are going to be some market corrections at some point as things grow/evolve. But if you don’t think some of the top transfer targets (or the top guys on big programs) are worth 300k, idk what to tell you. Guys like Dickinson are easily worth a couple grand to a college. The colleges aren’t directly paying them, that’s what the collectives are there for: to help secure deals for these players. The top guys are very marketable.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
UNC has a crap load of playing time available. Makes sense
They just got Withers from Louisville who will eat up a lot of their minutes at PF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom