Transfer portal part 2 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

Reaction Score
It is expected that Diamond and Mimi are next.
Mimi? LOL

I can make a case for kids transferring once but when you are hitting schools #3 and #4, something is very wrong.

Kim needs to get on the phone. Louisiana native actually.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Lavender Briggs after so many of her Maryland teammates hit the portal!

giphy.gif

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Mimi? LOL

I can make a case for kids transferring once but when you are hitting schools #3 and #4, something is very wrong.

Kim needs to get on the phone. Louisiana native actually.
Mimi is from Louisiana, right? :p

Reaction Score
Mimi is from Louisiana, right? :p
I believe Slidell, but she moved to Virginia? I can't remember off the top of my head. But it didn't matter because Fargas couldn't get anyone to LSU.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Maybe she can blackout? She hasn't technically played a game for anyone yet.
The deadline is May 1, 2022. Nothing that says you can't enter the transfer portal twice before that date! :D

Reaction Score
Take this discussion elsewhere.
Wrong thread.
My apologies. But the discussion about Boston and her fouling was started long before I got here. Lost track of what thread this was. I am done with it.

Reaction Score
:eek: Shyanne Sellers in line? I really like her-I"m just asking for me.
you want to add speed and athleticism to the UConn line up? If she ever becomes available....Diamond Miller......she's plenty big enough to play on the wing and nobody goes end to end any faster....

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
What position did Reese play for Maryland that she averaged nearly 11 rebounds a game? Post?

Reaction Score
What position did Reese play for Maryland that she averaged nearly 11 rebounds a game? Post?
She’s a natural wing/small forward who played the post out of positional need for Maryland and did it exceptionally well. That was one of the most ignored/under-discussed individual performances of the season, how well Reese played out of her spot.

Reaction Score
Exactly. She has a foul proof coating she applies liberally before every game.

Okay, just to prove I'm not a liar, I looked up her stats. 51 fouls in 37 games. Not even 1 1/2 per game.
Wait until she gets to the WNBA, that will change quickly.

Reaction Score
Any chance coach freese is stepping away. She's gone through a lot the past couple years. On Twitter someone mentioned this has happened a lot at Maryland but I can only really remember Lexie Brown and Shakira Austin.

Also do u think the transfer portal and recruiting are a different skill. It's interesting, the schools that may have struggled bringing in a strong recruiting class can still make a significant step up via the portal. The thing is though it's so much upper class man because of the grad transfers and COVID year, I guess it's not the proper way to build a program. Like I'm interested if Kara Lawson goes as heavy this year with the portal additions.

Reaction Score
Boston always keeps her hands high and in good position. One thing I noticed about her recently she stop going for blocks if she is not there. Maybe that is something Dawn told her to do. She had 88 fouls in 31 games last year.
She does, but so do a lot of other players, but they get called for the body contact and she often does not. I'd probably let them play on because IMO there are too many ticky tack fouls. But, to allow certain players to play on and not others...in the same game isn't right. Having said that...it isn't Boston's problem to address.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom