Transfer portal - outbound | Page 53 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His role was greatly diminished from freshman to sophmore years. Should play a lot for Robert Morris.

Reaction Score
UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Commits/Transfers to date:

OL Jeff Woods - Norfolk State (FCS)
OL Robert Holmes -Austin Peay (FCS)
OL Stanley Hubbard - James Madison (FCS)
RB Dante Black - Richmond (FCS)
QB Michael Beaudry - Idaho (FCS)
DB Tahj Herring-Wilson - ArkState (FBS)
TE Donovan Williams - Elon (FCS)
LB Eddie Hahn - Monmouth (FCS)
WR/K Mason Donaldson - Campbell (FCS)
P Brett Graham - Tennessee (FBS)
OL Cam DeGeorge - Louisville (FBS)
DB Tyler Coyle - Purdue (FBS)
LB Ryan Gilmartin -EKU>Decommit>Jacksonville St. (FCS)
ATH Zavier Scott - Maine (FCS)
WR Garrison Burnett - Maine (FCS)
DB Ryan Carroll - Garden City Community College (JUCO)

Coyle and DeGeorge stick out like sore thumbs on this list. Wow, Carroll to GCCC?
The potential of the past two year's recruits must have really unnerved a lot of these players.

Reaction Score
Coyle and DeGeorge stick out like sore thumbs on this list. Wow, Carroll to GCCC?
The potential of the past two year's recruits must have really unnerved a lot of these players.

i think there are probably a lot of reasons. Some of the players on the list aren’t Edsall recruits and might not like the way he coaches. And some absolutely realize they won’t get much playing time and want to go somewhere they will.

Reaction Score
i think there are probably a lot of reasons. Some of the players on the list aren’t Edsall recruits and might not like the way he coaches. And some absolutely realize they won’t get much playing time and want to go somewhere they will.
Amen bro.. The unfortunate fact kicked in. New coach new philosophy, we know how it goes. Deep down I think we wanted to see Coach strike lightning in a bottle with players that he inherited. Didn't happen. An oil and water philosophy...

Reaction Score
Amen bro.. The unfortunate fact kicked in. New coach new philosophy, we know how it goes. Deep down I think we wanted to see Coach strike lightning in a bottle with players that he inherited. Didn't happen. An oil and water philosophy...
It almost never happens. UConn is exhibit A. Gotta be much more careful changing coaches. We discussed that NYT article regarding changing coaches too quickly.

Reaction Score
It almost never happens. UConn is exhibit A. Gotta be much more careful changing coaches. We discussed that NYT article regarding changing coaches too quickly.
I think that's partially the reason why DB went back to Edsall. What we had when he was here the first time was wayyy better than what we had under PP and Red Pants... BUT, unfortunately, we were put in a position to pretty much start over... but this time we've got much better digs... Hopefully (hopefully) we can get this thing moving in the right direction (keep letting the doubters doubt ... then we come out and shock everybody because nobody currently respects us)

Reaction Score
I liked Edsall a lot when he was first here and thought his coming back was a good thing for the program. It still might be. But, he's had some blunders, not the least of which was Crocker. The defense should never have fallen off to the extent it did.

That all said, Diaco totally screwed the program with his recruiting. I honestly wonder if he had any idea what he was doing on the recruiting front. Add to that in game management that included fake field goals and fake fake field goals as a normal scheme.........and the inability to return punts. Ughhh...……...

Reaction Score
I liked Edsall a lot when he was first here and thought his coming back was a good thing for the program. It still might be. But, he's had some blunders, not the least of which was Crocker. The defense should never have fallen off to the extent it did.

That all said, Diaco totally screwed the program with his recruiting. I honestly wonder if he had any idea what he was doing on the recruiting front. Add to that in game management that included fake field goals and fake fake field goals as a normal scheme.........and the inability to return punts. Ughhh...……...
Red Pants lost me with that fake FG garbage at Mizzou and the lake of clock management in the Navy game inside the 5 yard line with us having a legitimate shot at winning the damn game... Couldn't stomach him any longer after that. Was ready for him to go back to his Rob Trifone (trivia on this guy for you Norwalk/Darien area folks) shaving cream commercials after that...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Red Pants lost me with that fake FG garbage at Mizzou and the lake of clock management in the Navy game inside the 5 yard line with us having a legitimate shot at winning the damn game... Couldn't stomach him any longer after that. Was ready for him to go back to his Rob Trifone (trivia on this guy for you Norwalk/Darien area folks) shaving cream commercials after that...
It was the Navy game for me. He wasn't able to handle the moment. Until then, I was hopeful. That game broke me.

Reaction Score

I remember his press conference after accepting the job. It sent a signal about his ability to be an effective head coach. Sounded like he was leading the "Spirit Squad", not a football team.
Then he went on to tell us he was going to recruit "big" guys. No mention of speed anywhere in the equation and that was one of his two major downfalls. The other being total lack of awareness relative to game situations.........like the clock management failures in several games, the most infamous being Navy.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If any need further evidence that Diaco was the worst coach in UConn history... well...

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Red pants lost me after I spent time with him after he was hired. The ego was immense and his talk of size over speed was baffling.

Reaction Score
Lets see what happens with Paul. I am hearing its more likely to do with off field issues than the state of UConn football.
Geesh... I really really like this young man...

and why is @huskymedic "might want to tap the brakes"?

Reaction Score
Hate to see someone talented leave but at least by next year Myles Bell will be healthy and Durante Jones will have be a year more developed to pair with Lucien.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom