Transfer portal - outbound | Page 45 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOL all these guys defending Diaco make themselves look like such a joke.

Today's comments from Edsall wouldn't have made Diaco's top 10 of stupid # 2 he says
That we can agree on. He had his own brand of "molotov cocktail of ugliness".

Reaction Score
Whoa. So all those stories the last few years during Summer camp about how the players were buying into Randy's culture wasn't real? The insiders here reported that it was true because they spoke to player's families.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Whoa. So all those stories the last few years during Summer camp about how the players were buying into Randy's culture wasn't real? The insiders here reported that it was true because they spoke to player's families.
World is fluid.... and losing does bring out the worst

Reaction Score
so enabled and entitled is limited to just one year of transfers? Only quality guys in the portal next year.

This is now the second issue you've decided to escalate into a back and forth rant in the past couple weeks. As Exit 4 already stated, Edsall was most likely not pointing at any specific player, and especially not DJ Morgan. He was speaking generally, broadly, not indicting specific individuals.

Reaction Score
Are you really so literal to think that Randy truly believes all portal kids are bad apples and all JUCO kids are little angels? Everyone is reading entirely to much into this stuff; media, diaco era players and select uconn fans.

Here's what I got out of today.

1) Edsall let the disingenuous walk and boy there were a lot of guys that didn't buy in. How Randy was able to do any recruiting in 2019 and 2020 with that many sour souls rooming the locker room is amazing.
2) When you are 6-30 you have a bullseye on your back. Even the national media will use anything you say to shape and support their narratives.

If this class is as good as their highlight videos and are all committed to excellence we have a chance. Lots to like and UConn must be offering something they all like or they wouldn't be coming.

Reaction Score
This is now the second issue you've decided to escalate into a back and forth rant in the past couple weeks. As Exit 4 already stated, Edsall was most likely not pointing at any specific player, and especially not DJ Morgan. He was speaking generally, broadly, not indicting specific individuals.
So its ok to speak generally and broadly about transfers being enabled and entitled? So given that's a "generality" per HCRE2.0; with 25 transfers out of UConn he's saying a whole bunch of them are enabled and entitled? If I was one of the transfers out I'd be ask'n "who you talking about". As someone posted, this is from someone who had a multi-year contract and broke it to leave talking about a kid who fulfills his annual (not 4 year but annual) scholarship agreement and then legally (i.e. breaking no contract) decides to leave.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
When you watch the actual presser it doesn’t seem like such a big deal- the comment in portal kids. The tweets of the quote sound more meaty than the context if the entire big discussion on recruiting philosophy which he insinuated is always evolving.

That said, for a guy doing D1 football for about 20 years he could still use some polish on his stand up act. Watching this I wanted to grab the mic and take over. The five new kids look good, this was a positive day.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Bingo. Lets face it, about 5 of the 25 transfers are players that matter. 5.

And unfortunately Randy has become popular with the national media as a go to guy for quotes that help them support their cynical takes on college football.
Maybe 5, but how many do we have 15?

Reaction Score
No, I am not. But as I mentioned, I don't care about the guys that left. This is about future recruiting for a very bad football team. the point is he said it and now it is going viral. Your second point is exactly what I am talking about. Randy should know better and not say really stupid stuff to the press. He and UConn will get killed for those kinds of comments. You can infer what he meant all you want, but he did say that he wasn't going to recruit kids in the portal unless he knew them prior. That is a stupid and silly thing to say. Look at how many transfers are killing it on other teams.
Mcallister for UMass appeared to have a good year. Thats it. No one else is killing it.

Reaction Score
When you watch the actual presser it doesn’t seem like such a big deal- the comment in portal kids. The tweets of the quote sound more meaty than the context if the entire big discussion on recruiting philosophy which he insinuated is always evolving.

Other reporters are needing to explain context.

Reaction Score
So its ok to speak generally and broadly about transfers being enabled and entitled? So given that's a "generality" per HCRE2.0; with 25 transfers out of UConn he's saying a whole bunch of them are enabled and entitled? If I was one of the transfers out I'd be ask'n "who you talking about". As someone posted, this is from someone who had a multi-year contract and broke it to leave talking about a kid who fulfills his annual (not 4 year but annual) scholarship agreement and then legally (i.e. breaking no contract) decides to leave.
He was refering to the players in the portal that was expecting to just come in here and play right away instead of thinking they would have to actually compete for playing time.

Reaction Score
He was refering to the players in the portal that was expecting to just come in here and play right away instead of thinking they would have to actually compete for playing time.

Correct t Duncan, the comments were directed not at the former players who left UConn, but at Edsall’s experience with transfers coming in. The guys who expect to catch lightning is a bottle and be a star for a year. Edsall obviously did not like the short time for buy into the culture.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bingo! Why did these transfers think this was about them and blow up on social media about it??

Reaction Score
Bingo! Why did these transfers think this was about them and blow up on social media about it??

Imagine thinking so highly or poorly, don't honestly know what fits best, of yourself that anything generally negative a coach says must be directed at you.

Reaction Score
Imagine thinking so highly or poorly, don't honestly know what fits best, of yourself that anything generally negative a coach says must be directed at you.
I think they call that insecurity or lack of confidence. These comments shouldn't affect any of the outgoing players unless they really do have a self issue. When some speak up, we find out who those players are. The ones that remain quiet are doing what's best for them the humble way. If your secure and confident in your ability and your decision, a one or two sentence comment shouldn't bother you one bit.

Reaction Score
No matter your opinion of RE, any player who thinks we should have kept Crazy Bob is crazy. I liked Diggs but come on man.
I believed this also, but Randy's results haven't exactly "showed them".

Reaction Score
This is a horsecrap way of looking at this. HC once again made national news by spewing crap. This guy makes no sense whatsoever. The same guy that yells "pay the players" while the program he coaches can't draw flies into the stadium, wants to then talk about players in the portal being entitled? He's become a walking contradiction and a joke.

Reaction Score
Do professional players compete for playing time? I'm pretty sure they do.

Reaction Score
Mostly I think he was talking about the players he brought in through the portal. Very few have worked out. And fwiw if you look at where the guys who left ended up it is almost entirely at fcs schools. Maybe in part that’s so they can play right away but I suspect Bob Diacos recruits weren’t exactly the most talented guys either.

Reaction Score
This is a horsecrap way of looking at this. HC once again made national news by spewing crap. This guy makes no sense whatsoever. The same guy that yells "pay the players" while the program he coaches can't draw flies into the stadium, wants to then talk about players in the portal being entitled? He's become a walking contradiction and a joke.
He made national news because they chose to run with Putterman's negative slant. Its becoming a pattern imo. The negative national publicity our play not withstanding is not coming from the other writers covering the program. Its got to the point were other writers are having the need to provide context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom