Transfer portal - outbound | Page 52 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

>>The 6-foot-4, 290-pound offensive lineman received a rating of 86 and checks in as the No. 57 overall transfer nationally regardless of position. He received a three-star rating and is listed as the nation's No. 10 offensive line transfer<<

So, he's this good and didn't believe he was capable of following in Matt Peart's footsteps?

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Nothing official but heard Noel Brouse might be close to announcing he is going to California University of Pennsylvania (D2). If not I will deny saying it!

Reaction Score
Anybody think Edsall might ever consider bringing another transfer in from another FBS program again? I know he mentioned it didn't work for us, BUT, would/could there be a chance a onetime thing happen?

Reaction Score
Anybody think Edsall might ever consider bringing another transfer in from another FBS program again? I know he mentioned it didn't work for us, BUT, would/could there be a chance a onetime thing happen?

I just mentioned the transfer strategy in the 2021 recruitment thread...Edsall has said he would rather not use transfers and will continue with the traditional HS and JUCO recruiting..

But...as other programs change and figure out how they want to use the portal, Edsall may change.

Reaction Score
Ohio State uses the portal only to fill a roster hole...very selectively and very, very few.

FSU, on the other hand, is building a roster with transfers.

Different needs.

Reaction Score
Oops...I think my post got removed in the 2021 thread...maybe seen as off topic.

Reaction Score
OK...I guess I was thinking of it in terms of recruitment strategy more than reporting of transfers,,,sorry

Reaction Score
I just mentioned the transfer strategy in the 2021 recruitment thread...Edsall has said he would rather not use transfers and will continue with the traditional HS and JUCO recruiting..

But...as other programs change and figure out how they want to use the portal, Edsall may change.
It's encouraging to know Edsall may at the very least soften his stance on excepting a transfer into our program. It just has to make sense (i.e. bring in a kid from a HIGHER caliber program instead)...

Reaction Score
Ohio State uses the portal only to fill a roster hole...very selectively and very, very few.

FSU, on the other hand, is building a roster with transfers.

Different needs.
we should apply Ohio State's philosophy (i.e. an impact WR or DL, Edge rusher... from a high level P5 school)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's encouraging to know Edsall may at the very least soften his stance on excepting a transfer into our program.
Can someone bring me up to speed on this issue? Has Edsall actually said out loud what his policy on transfers is? Today in 2020?

Reaction Score
Can someone bring me up to speed on this issue? Has Edsall actually said out loud what his policy on transfers is? Today in 2020?

It’s been pretty well beat up here and in other threads but back in February when announcing the 2020 class he responded to a question about why this class lacked any grad transfers/transfer portal players:

“I’d rather go with high-school kids or junior-college guys,” Edsall said. “Guys going into the [transfer] portal, to me, they’ve got issues. They’ve got issues. That’s why they’re going into the portal. I think if you get people that come in [from junior-college] ... those guys have a little more edge to them because they want to play right now. Sometimes these guys from the portal think that they’re enabled and entitled to something. You know, maybe it didn’t work out because you didn’t stay there and finish.”

Edsall said moving forward he would recruit transfers only if he or his staff knew the players previously from having recruited them out of high school.<<

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It’s been pretty well beat up here and in other threads but back in February when announcing the 2020 class he responded to a question about why this class lacked any grad transfers/transfer portal players:

“I’d rather go with high-school kids or junior-college guys,” Edsall said. “Guys going into the [transfer] portal, to me, they’ve got issues. They’ve got issues. That’s why they’re going into the portal. I think if you get people that come in [from junior-college] ... those guys have a little more edge to them because they want to play right now. Sometimes these guys from the portal think that they’re enabled and entitled to something. You know, maybe it didn’t work out because you didn’t stay there and finish.”

Edsall said moving forward he would recruit transfers only if he or his staff knew the players previously from having recruited them out of high school.<<
is there something else out there that shows Edsall has (per @ktuck911 )"softened his stance" on transfers?

Reaction Score
is there something else out there that shows Edsall has (per @ktuck911 )"softened his stance" on transfers?
See Medic's offer lists for the last 5 years.
Hundreds and hundreds of kids. Post #1295.

Maine is getting our kids because of Myers and Ryan on their coaching staff. Connections.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It’s been pretty well beat up here and in other threads but back in February when announcing the 2020 class he responded to a question about why this class lacked any grad transfers/transfer portal players...
Thanks for the recap. I don't agree with Randy here but I'm still on the bandwagon.

Reaction Score
Geez Louise, you're good enough to play at UConn and you leave to play at Robert Morris. is Edsall doing?
Meant to ask this when his case was dismissed by the school, is returning to UConn completely out of question? Or does Randy shut the door when they enter the portal? We could also use more bodies in the secondary.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Hey Robert Morris is leaving NEC for the Horizon League... what’s not to love about that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom