Transfer portal - outbound | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This team was 2-10 and losing players who didn't play much isn't a big loss out of maybe two or three players. The rest will end up at FCS or lower.
The class coming in will be full and o would guess a couple of Jucos and a few grad transfers.
Losing mentality that has been part of this team has to change and reading some of the the Twitter stuff I believe some folks be
So the guy who did his own grad transfer this spring and has been here for 10 minutes is now defending Edsell?

He knows a lot more than you do or anyone else on this board knows. Remember he's actually in the locker room and you're just posting on a message board.

there was only a couple of those players that would have actually played this year.

Reaction Score
This team was 2-10 and losing players who didn't play much isn't a big loss out of maybe two or three players. The rest will end up at FCS or lower.
The class coming in will be full and o would guess a couple of Jucos and a few grad transfers.
Losing mentality that has been part of this team has to change and reading some of the the Twitter stuff I believe some folks be

He knows a lot more than you do or anyone else on this board knows. Remember he's actually in the locker room and you're just posting on a message board.

there was only a couple of those players that would have actually played this year.
But you're just posting on a message board also no?

Reaction Score
The next coach, whenever that is will have it much easier because Randy is bringing in better players. I have no doubt that the roster was much better this past year. Some more good news today. Yes, I wish he did more with the guys he had. And yes, whatever was going on that caused all the transfers is not good, but the team is definitely trending up.

Reaction Score
SMU fully brought in mid teens this summer from the transfer portal & remade their Team.

I do not have tremendous confidence that Edsall had the same mindset as Sonny Dykes. However it would be nice to see Mike Zyskowski turn into a key player in bringing in 10 players between Jan and August. Needless to say, this is the college football world today and as crucial to UConn Football as the 2020 class.

Reaction Score
I literally have no axe to grind with him I am a “casual fan”- I just think based on the way he’s handled the program in both terms he’s a legit sociopath.

Reaction Score
Well, 5 recruiting classes actually means he gets three more years. Just sayin ....

What I am waiting for is not more portal entries but changes in the staff. I think that DB is gonna give Randy some help. Thus, to some extent, we are asking the wrong questions.

Reaction Score
Well, 5 recruiting classes actually means he gets three more years. Just sayin ....

What I am waiting for is not more portal entries but changes in the staff. I think that DB is gonna give Randy some help. Thus, to some extent, we are asking the wrong questions.

we all know HCRE has to go, even those defending him on here.

leaving the AAC for a basketball conference chasing the glory years was a slap in the face.

so what can we do now if we refuse to fire Edsall?

1. double the assistant salary pool
2. Lower academic standards for a percentage of the team.
3. Tell Edsall an offensive coordinator versed in modern offense is coming on board and he is not to interfere.
4. hire Mike Foley to be the O Line coach

Reaction Score
The next coach, whenever that is will have it much easier because Randy is bringing in better players. I have no doubt that the roster was much better this past year. Some more good news today. Yes, I wish he did more with the guys he had. And yes, whatever was going on that caused all the transfers is not good, but the team is definitely trending up.
Looking forward to the thread that reads "Transfer Portal - Incoming"

Reaction Score
So you say you need 5 recruiting classes to truly evaluate HCRE2.0. If that is true, what are the 3 year bench marks on the way to the 5 year evaluation and how are well are they being meet?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
But you're just posting on a message board also no?

Yes but I don't make it sound like I know what is going on with the team, unlike some who think they know it all. When an actually player says something, I tend to believe them over a fan.

Reaction Score
Yes but I don't make it sound like I know what is going on with the team, unlike some who think they know it all. When an actually player says something, I tend to believe them over a fan.
Who is an actual player? Rob Lunn? Jamar Summers?

I'm ready to move forward, but its a message board. People are unhappy with what this program has been the last 4 years, and this is where they discuss those frustrations.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Didn't even think about the Notre Dame post game speech. Was thinking how he was at Maryland and donated to the statue that sits in front of the scoreboard. How he was the guiding light after the tragedy and held everything together.

Eli Thomas couldn't play anymore and Randy kept his word by keeping him on scholarship. Team made him a captain. Happened many years ago with a Center he had recruited that couldn't play due to injury and Randy still kept him on scholarship.

We'll never know the truth about Sean Young because HIPPAA rules prevent the University to speak about it. If history is a teacher in this case, I will go with RE's track record over Sean Young's account every time.

By the way, Hoboken Husky, what should Randy have done in those circumstances since you didn't buy what he did?

You mean Joe Akers center from Maryland who had a narrowing of his spine and couldn't play. He had stalemated a five star defensive end in high school and was considered a huge steal. Sad he could never play but did help with the program as a student coach.

Reaction Score
we all know HCRE has to go, even those defending him on here.

leaving the AAC for a basketball conference chasing the glory years was a slap in the face.

so what can we do now if we refuse to fire Edsall?

1. double the assistant salary pool
2. Lower academic standards for a percentage of the team.
3. Tell Edsall an offensive coordinator versed in modern offense is coming on board and he is not to interfere.
4. hire Mike Foley to be the O Line coach
Is foley still retired?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Lots of goodies in there:

1) Benedict asking questions about why the kids are transferring (although stating full support for Edsall in the process).

2) UConn anticipating 16 - 17 new recruits will sign by the end of the recruiting period.

3) Linear tv deal still being worked on, and SNY looks to be a possible (if not likely, in my view) partner.

Hopefully the future gets brighter than the present...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom