Transfer portal - outbound | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don’t post on the football board very often but I’ll say I heard from a pretty high level source that unless something MAJOR happens (something bigger than guys transferring), Randy is getting 5 years. He has underwhelmed thus far without question but it’s also very clear Randy is not a fan of the guys Diaco recruited, both as players and young men. So these transfers, to me, are not concerning or surprising. He’s weeding out the Diaco recruits. In his fifth year, Randy’s recruits will be seniors and if there’s no improvement by then it will be time to move on. I know the past 3 years have been disastrous and I know people are probably sick of hearing “it takes time to build a program” but it really does. The talent and culture from the Diaco era was bad to say the least. Randy is trying to turn that around but he only has so long of a leash...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
So it appears the staff has done end of season assessments on the players and told them what to expect next year.

And plenty of players in the transfer portal.

So, let me wreck this by noting no QB's in the portal yet. And I'd assume that position would be one of the first groups to be assessed. This is good, correct?
I noticed that also. Same QBs plus Leon and the new Canadian guy, they should be ok. Well... except for the line in front of them.

Reaction Score
  • Noel Brouse, OL
  • Ryan Carroll, CB
  • Tyler Coyle, S
  • Mason Donaldson, WR
  • Donovan Williams, TE
  • A.J. Garson, DE
  • Ryan Gilmartin, LB
  • Brett Graham, P
  • Eddie Hahn, LB
  • Robert Holmes, OL
  • Stanley Hubbard, OL
  • Tahj Herring-Wilson, CB
  • Nino Leone, OL
  • Andrew Migliaccio, DL

Reaction Score
  • Noel Brouse, OL
  • Ryan Carroll, CB
  • Tyler Coyle, S
  • Mason Donaldson, WR
  • Donovan Williams, TE
  • A.J. Garson, DE
  • Ryan Gilmartin, LB
  • Brett Graham, P
  • Eddie Hahn, LB
  • Robert Holmes, OL
  • Stanley Hubbard, OL
  • Tahj Herring-Wilson, CB
  • Nino Leone, OL
  • Andrew Migliaccio, DL
I think I read that Cam DeGeorge is gone too.

Reaction Score
I don’t post on the football board very often but I’ll say I heard from a pretty high level source that unless something MAJOR happens (something bigger than guys transferring), Randy is getting 5 years. He has underwhelmed thus far without question but it’s also very clear Randy is not a fan of the guys Diaco recruited, both as players and young men. So these transfers, to me, are not concerning or surprising. He’s weeding out the Diaco recruits. In his fifth year, Randy’s recruits will be seniors and if there’s no improvement by then it will be time to move on. I know the past 3 years have been disastrous and I know people are probably sick of hearing “it takes time to build a program” but it really does. The talent and culture from the Diaco era was bad to say the least. Randy is trying to turn that around but he only has so long of a leash...

give Edsall 5 years and there will be 3 people in the stands. Give me a break. 5 years that’s hysterical.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I noticed that also. Same QBs plus Leon and the new Canadian guy, they should be ok. Well... except for the line in front of them.

The QB's only need to average 2 games a piece. They should be able to hold up.

Players that lost big for four years and graduated have the right to move on. Wish them the best and our thanks if they leave the right way. It's not their fault Diaco put them in over their heads.

Anyone talking smack after that when they were the ones stinking it up, deserves the scorn of UConn Nation.

Reaction Score
give Edsall 5 years and there will be 3 people in the stands. Give me a break. 5 years that’s hysterical.

That’s not my opinion. That’s what I heard. He was hired under the impression he’d be given 5 years to bring in 4 full classes of his own.

Reaction Score

Then start executing your role....Coach!?!? Stop tweeting quotes and start teaching. Start making your players better.

I heard an interview today during the radio broadcast of the Big 12 Championship game. It was a Baylor player talking about Matt Rhule and how they went from 1-11 to 11-1 in two years. He said Rhule, from day 1, coached them like they were 11-1. He didn’t look at the roster and say I don’t like the kids that Coach Briles recruited. “He coached us all hard. He believed that we could be champions. Even when we were 1-11, we could see we were getting better. The next season we earned a bowl bid. We were all like, ‘We want more!’.”

Edsall is full of excuses and doesn’t hold himself accountable. It’s a lack of talent and bad culture. You know who it takes 5-years.....a guy with a sub .500 career record, that hasn’t won anything in a loooooong time. Your past success got you back in the door. Your legacy in Storrs is fading away, like that plane ride you took, into the night sky. Sadly you are what your record says you are. Below average.

The clock is ticking....

Last edited:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Let this play out...

I'd be more than happy to eat a large serving of crow on this one. But I'll tell you what; Edsall and company (or Benedict, or whoever) needs to be more active in controlling the narrative. The are so few fans left that are willing to put up with the nonsense...

Reaction Score
Coyle is a good athlete. But he didn't make many plays this season. The only highlight was probably that pick 6 in the Illinois game. Often it seemed like he was out of position. He was okay.
I completely agree with this post. Coyle looked more like a great athlete trying to play football than a great football player. He was only average in coverage. He had two pick six interceptions ( Temple 2 years ago and Illinois this year) but I don't recall any other interceptions in his 3 years on the field. His best skill was running players from behind. He may be leaving to help improve his chances to get drafted. It will be interesting to see where he ends up and how well he plays next year.

Reaction Score
And now our leading tackler "didn't make many plays this season". I've heard it all, now...

Now hold on there. One thing I am absolutely certain of, as certain as I am that the sun will rise again tomorrow, is that you haven't heard it all yet. Not by a long shot.

Reaction Score
Cant do it in 3 years. It’s not happening in 5.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
hysterical?
I tend to feel that JH may be speaking what the AD and BoD is thinking
The stands won't get any more empty than what they were last season

Reaction Score
I'd be more than happy to eat a large serving of crow on this one. But I'll tell you what; Edsall and company (or Benedict, or whoever) needs to be more active in controlling the narrative. The are so few fans left that are willing to put up with the nonsense...
I’m not defending Edsall. All I’m saying we got a bunch of guys leaving because they were told that younger players or players they recruited are better and they need to do XYZ in order to compete or even you need to go somewhere else. Some of these guys have been here for four year and haven’t had one snap. Out is the group, Coyle, Leone, Hann, I hate to see those guys go. Otherwise, let’s see how this plays out. Edsall needs to turn it around or it’s over. He’s not building winners out of the guys who are leaving. The loss of these guys may force him to use the portal, we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom