Transfer portal - outbound | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Probably broke up more passes than the rest of the DBs combined AND led the team in tackles. But if he decided to move on so be it.

For sure. Compared to Paul, King, Wilson, Robinson, Lucien, Bell, etc, Coyle is by far the best player in the secondary. He's probably the best LB too. Really highlights how poor Randy has been recruiting.

Reaction Score
We seem to NOT have a team yet. Hard to win when players are fighting the new way. Not advocating for one side or the other, but listening to former players makes it clear why our record is what it is.
You think having a coach taking shots at them in press conferences may have something to do with that?

Reaction Score
DeGeorge (somewhat surprising), Migliaccio and Williams not reflected yet.
>>Under the college transfer policy, when a student-athlete informs a school that he wishes to transfer, that institution has two business days to enter that athlete's name into a national transfer portal.<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
New day and I feel better.

What's next?

I think we can afford two more transfers, after that we'll be back to that point where the 25 man cap will prohibit us from getting to a full 85 man roster again next fall.

Seems like the NCAA is destine to modify this 25 man cap, perhaps it happens in spring so that we can backfill as needed in June/July.

Fingers crossed we have no more promising underclassman leave.

Reaction Score
We seem to NOT have a team yet. Hard to win when players are fighting the new way. Not advocating for one side or the other, but listening to former players makes it clear why our record is what it is.
Our record is what it is because of the head coach. He gets all the credit for HCRE1.0 and HCREDreamJob1.0 and now for HCRE1.0. He is an authoritarian who runs everything his way, so own it and start executing.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
DeGeorge (somewhat surprising), Migliaccio and Williams not reflected yet.
>>Under the college transfer policy, when a student-athlete informs a school that he wishes to transfer, that institution has two business days to enter that athlete's name into a national transfer portal.<<

Would be great to have DeGeorge flip/flop and stay. Would be good to have the depth.

Seemed like the staff was headed down a path to bring in at least four HS OLs this cycle, perhaps five and also perhaps one JUCO (just reading the twitter activity), but DeGeorge/Leone/Hubbard departure makes that more difficult as we now need to use perhaps two slots on JUCO/grads. Its harder to make the freshman OL as Rochester/Snively/Graham/Fortin/Reeves w/o DeGeorge staying on board.

PS - I really like Graham he looks country strong/tough while Snively has great wheels.

Reaction Score
I'll be curious to see if any guys end up with AAC teams. Particularly in the case where it's a player who played some minutes this year.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well then let me help make your day sparkle:

Wait - did he just quote himself?

like many good song lyrics this one can mean very different things to multiple people; his staff, the disgruntled outbound, his kids still here and the UConn admin.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Randy’s twitter purge continues - dropped from 504 follows to less than 440 today.

Reaction Score
Wait - did he just quote himself?

like many good song lyrics this one can mean very different things to multiple people; his staff, the disgruntled outbound, his kids still here and the UConn admin.
We will see. I suspect next year we will be hearing about our youth and and how players are getting better and half the board will want to give him a 5th year despite another pathetic record.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We will see. I suspect next year we will be hearing about our youth and and how players are getting better and half the board will want to give him a 5th year despite another pathetic record.
I can’t defend much out the current situation (diaco / Yada yada) - but until the plug is pulled I can’t do anything but route for those that are here- the staff and the players. It is what it is- 2020 schedule is pretty awesome- let’s see what we can do. Let’s double the win total again!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So it appears the staff has done end of season assessments on the players and told them what to expect next year.

And plenty of players in the transfer portal.

So, let me wreck this by noting no QB's in the portal yet. And I'd assume that position would be one of the first groups to be assessed. This is good, correct?

Reaction Score
So it appears the staff has done end of season assessments on the players and told them what to expect next year.

And plenty of players in the transfer portal.

So, let me wreck this by noting no QB's in the portal yet. And I'd assume that position would be one of the first groups to be assessed. This is good, correct?
Hope it means they have better players next year to take place and they play to win next year.

Reaction Score
I have been lurking here through eleven pages of panic and snark and whatever. As I said during the rose colored glasses phase (aka the beginning of the season) when my mantra was curb your enthusiasm ... today I feel compelled to say curb your panic and sense of righteous outrage. Relax. Whatever is gonna happen is gonna happen with or without our input. We are all gonna be at the Rent on the evening of September 3 with a couple of craft beers in our bellies and some Bear's Smokehouse on our plates. Time for hockey or BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom