Transfer portal - outbound | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
d
Are the transfers being asked to leave? By what I’m reading on some of these exit tweets it sounds like they were asked to leave.. if so how are we going to ever get better next year with just a handful of upperclassmen RS juniors, juniors and seniors?
another young group playing, another excuse why we can’t win because they need to get “bigger, faster and stronger”... not happening next year. Another losing season unless we bring in 30 jucos!
I can't imagine any of these latest entries into the portal were ask to leave. They were either starters or backups that saw a lot of time on the field.
of these kids were ask to leave.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Coyle hurts. Hubbard hurts. Herring Wilson hurts a bit. But the biggest problem with all these transfers is that we are back to being too young again. I am sure some were told to go but this could not have been the game plan to have so many guys go again this year.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Aren’t there also limits to the number of scholarship players you can bring in from year to year as well? I don’t remember for sure, but I want to say I recall seeing that info somewhere in the past. Given the number of players transferring out, I think those limits could really hinder the ability to fill out the roster.
Yes, that is the issue. 25 is the annual cap, although you can carryforward unused cap from the prior year. Problem for us is that we have no unused cap from the prior year. This the single reason why we continue to have scholarship rosters well under the 85 person cap. We are the dog that cannot catch the rabbit.

I expect relief on the 25 man cap rule, but not sure it will be in place ahead of the Feb signing day. Maybe this spring.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There are still some other names rumored to be leaving that haven't come to fruition yet. Lets hope it stays that way.

Reaction Score
Nothing to see here, nothing to see here - it was all expected, all part of the REstorred grand plan.

Oy, what a cluster - RE is so incompetent that he’d have trouble getting laid in a whorehouse.

Reaction Score
Nothing to see here, nothing to see here - it was all expected, all part of the REstorred grand plan.

Oy, what a cluster - RE is so incompetent that he’d have trouble getting laid in a whorehouse.

He might have a shot if he removed the transition lenses

Reaction Score
I take a break for most of the day from the Boneyard, check in after lunch, and all hell has broken loose... SMH Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bangHead bang

Reaction Score

Randy couldn’t recruit fat kids to a Golden Corral breakfast buffet.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I’m beginning to suspect that playing football for Randy isn’t all that much fun.

Here comes that moment where '97 jumps on the "find a new coach train".

Not only did we lose guaranteed starters on the OLine, but now we've lost guaranteed starters in our secondary, including our best defensive player.

Time to switch. Period. If we haven't got the magic date yet where there is a severely reduced buyout, then pull the trigger the second we hit that date. Enough is enough...

Reaction Score
Here comes that moment where '97 jumps on the "find a new coach train".

Not only did we lose guaranteed starters on the OLine, but now we've lost guaranteed starters in our secondary, including our best defensive player.

Time to switch. Period. If we haven't got the magic date yet where there is a severely reduced buyout, then pull the trigger the second we hit that date. Enough is enough...

the worm has turned.

Reaction Score
Anybody see John Robinson's tweet? There may be a lot more going on than we. know about.
JR"
I remember one UConn fan told me I was being bias and a hater... well as you can see ladies and gentlemen, I knew what I was talking about"

This is bad, really bad. Brice McAllister with popcorn tweet "Get your popcorn ready".

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Anybody see John Robinson's tweet? There may be a lot more going on than we. know about.
JR"
I remember one UConn fan told me I was being bias and a hater... well as you can see ladies and gentlemen, I knew what I was talking about
"

What did the tweet say?

Reaction Score
What did the tweet say?
I remember one UConn fan told me I was being bias and a hater... well as you can see ladies and gentlemen, I knew what I was talking about"

IDK how to post tweets inhere.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

IDK how to post tweets inhere.

Oh, I thought you were saying that sentence and not Robinson. Sorry for the "Dude Where's My Car" moment...

Reaction Score
Oh, I thought you were saying that sentence and not Robinson. Sorry for the "Dude Where's My Car" moment...
No worries. Not the best at quoting. Things don't sound very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom