Transfer portal - outbound | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought all were replaceable with as good/better people, until Coyle. That will hurt. I see him being a significant contributor at a P5 school.

Reaction Score
Most leaving are RsJrs who have been at UConn for 4 years. Most were backups, although some were not. The team has been 3-9, 3-9, 1-11, and 2-10 for the 4 years they have been at UConn. It's been hard on the fans and probably harder on the players. I wish all of them luck and success.

Reaction Score
Most leaving are RsJrs who have been at UConn for 4 years. Most were backups, although some were not. The team has been 3-9, 3-9, 1-11, and 2-10 for the 4 years they have been at UConn. It's been hard on the fans and probably harder on the players. I wish all of them luck and success.

Coyle was our best player and an NFL prospect.

Can't blame him for leaving the crapfest where 2-10 is acceptable. The good news for Edsall, he can keep claiming we're too young year after year. All the upper class-men will bail and he'll have his excuse for the next year.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Coyle was our best player and an NFL prospect.

Can't blame him for leaving the crapfest where 2-10 is acceptable. The good news for Edsall, he can keep claiming we're too young year after year. All the upper class-men will bail and he'll have his excuse for the next year.

It's a perfect grift and some people really can't see that's all he's doing. It's amazing.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Will they even be able to fill 85 scholarships at this point? Good Lord.
No- might end up a little short now... because there will be a few more now and a couple more after spring just because there always are a few more.

Reaction Score
Will we be able to field a team? There are a bunch of starters here so it doesn't make sense that they are all leaving.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
723C20A8-5CB9-411A-8BE3-8A558A6BB369.png

Reaction Score
No- might end up a little short now... because there will be a few more now and a couple more after spring just because there always are a few more.

Aren’t there also limits to the number of scholarship players you can bring in from year to year as well? I don’t remember for sure, but I want to say I recall seeing that info somewhere in the past. Given the number of players transferring out, I think those limits could really hinder the ability to fill out the roster.

Reaction Score
All the best to a group of young men that toughed it out thru the transition. They got tired of hearing that they weren't tough enough, weren't disciplined enough, they weren't like the "those guys in 2010". Nothing says "f-you , coach" like a kid giving up a scholarship for the unknown.
Cant wait to hear the spin on all this. Cant wait to hear about the wonderful D2 and walk on transfers that RE 2.0 scoops up this spring.
God bless all the Kool Aid drinkers!

Reaction Score
Aren’t there also limits to the number of scholarship players you can bring in from year to year as well? I don’t remember for sure, but I want to say I recall seeing that info somewhere in the past. Given the number of players transferring out, I think those limits could really hinder the ability to fill out the roster.

I think it's still 25 per class

Reaction Score
Are the transfers being asked to leave? By what I’m reading on some of these exit tweets it sounds like they were asked to leave.. if so how are we going to ever get better next year with just a handful of upperclassmen RS juniors, juniors and seniors?
another young group playing, another excuse why we can’t win because they need to get “bigger, faster and stronger”... not happening next year. Another losing season unless we bring in 30 jucos!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Maybe my roster-nomics isn't up to speed but, which non-grad starter are leaving?

I don't think I've seen any other than maybe one OL.

If you are a grad who hasn't played much on a 2-10 team, of course you aren't sticking around for year 5. Somebody help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom