Transfer portal - outbound | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
My point being, it seems like the Diaco guys would be happy if he were still coach even though he was lousy.. did they ever intend on winning anything? Seems like they were content with going 2-10 indefinitely as long as the coach was 'cool' and now that he's not 'cool' they have a problem with the 'culture'.. rubs me the wrong way even though I'm not ecstatic about Edsall either.

I think getting out of dodge shows how much they want to win. That certainly wasn’t happening here.

Reaction Score
If you're going to take on the mob with reasonable facts, good luck. On a board where multiple posters had no problem deciding without any evidence whatsoever that a 20 year old basketball player was a criminal a few nights ago. (And, by the way, they didn't even find it relevant to apologize when it became clear he wasn't.)

Non-starters transfer to get on the field. Players who graduate transfer for whatever reason they feel like. Fire Edsall because he hasn't performed well enough -- his performance the last three years certainly hasn't been worthy of anyone defending him -- but if you're going to fire someone for players entering the portal without even knowing what the average is for different types of programs, let's just give up.
Take those numbers with a mountain of salt... they appear to be VASTLY overstated.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
We can argue over who was responsible, but Summers was pretty bad his senior year. I particularly remember the Syracuse game during he was beaten repeatedly in key passing situations.
It seemed like he had given up. Which is weird considering how much he had to lose. He just hurt himself with his poor play.

Reaction Score
Take those numbers with a mountain of salt... they appear to be VASTLY overstated.
True, but they may not be after the bowl games are over. Last year Penn State had over 20 file and Michigan had nearly as many. If I had any confidence that Edsall could (or would) bring in many of those guys that were 2nd or 3rd team in top 20 programs, I wouldn't feel so miserable today.

Reaction Score
He went from 1 of the best CB in the country (sophomore season) to one of the worst in his junior/senior year.. stats/analytics back it up. His play fell off a year before Edsall took over.. now he wants to lay it on RE and the 'culture' like no, you just started playing half azzed thinking you could live off of your tremendous Soph yr until the Draft. Cut the crap.

Reaction Score
True, but they may not be after the bowl games are over. Last year Penn State had over 20 file and Michigan had nearly as many. If I had any confidence that Edsall could (or would) bring in many of those guys that were 2nd or 3rd team in top 20 programs, I wouldn't feel so miserable today.
Yes, but i thought we were talking facts and not hypotheticals.

Reaction Score
It's worse, they are losing their worst guys, we are losing our best players.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He went from 1 of the best CB in the country (sophomore season) to one of the worst in his junior/senior year.. stats/analytics back it up. His play fell off a year before Edsall took over.. now he wants to lay it on RE and the 'culture' like no, you just started playing half azzed thinking you could live off of your tremendous Soph yr until the Draft. Cut the crap.

Your emotional attachment to Randy is clouding your judgment.

Reaction Score
Yes, but i thought we were talking facts and not hypotheticals.
I agreed that it was factually wrong. I was just pointing out that teams, even good ones, do have large numbers of potential transfers in the portal once their season is over. Furthermore, I was a little depressed because I don't think that will help us under RE.

Reaction Score
If you're going to take on the mob with reasonable facts, good luck. On a board where multiple posters had no problem deciding without any evidence whatsoever that a 20 year old basketball player was a criminal a few nights ago. (And, by the way, they didn't even find it relevant to apologize when it became clear he wasn't.)

Non-starters transfer to get on the field. Players who graduate transfer for whatever reason they feel like. Fire Edsall because he hasn't performed well enough -- his performance the last three years certainly hasn't been worthy of anyone defending him -- but if you're going to fire someone for players entering the portal without even knowing what the average is for different types of programs, let's just give up.

I love it when you are pompous and it blows up in your face. The next time you call a fact reasonable, I suggest you check your facts.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
13 leaving the program is disturbing. It ain’t Them, it is Randy. Fire him already

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Still waiting on a list of non-grad student starters leaving? Grads on terrible team who have options transfer for a better team instead of playing their final year and either losing or losing their spot. Doubly so if they didn't sniff the field in the first place. If they don't have options, they graduate and get on with their lives. Not a single grad on this team is worth crying over.

So who is leaving that is really an improvement over a replacement player? The only one I can think of is DeGeorge as it's harder to replace OL if they need to bulk up.

A week ago, most of you would trade the entire roster for any other D1 program chosen out of a hat.

Tell me who is leaving that we are really going to miss?

Reaction Score
I think getting out of dodge shows how much they want to win. That certainly wasn’t happening here.

This. Especially for players like Leone and Coyle. I referenced in another thread but Jack Driscoll player at UMASS (after hand high school). Great player, grad transferred to Auburn where he is starting at tackle. Who can blame him?

Who can blame any grad player on this team for wanting to go to a winning program. Because UCONN under Edsall 2.0 is a disaster. Maybe they want instruction from better coaches too. But if you are in Coyles shoes and your choice is to come back to one of the worst programs in the country or go to a school that Is a winner, what do you do?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
How many Edsall recruits in portal??

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
The only guys in the portal that aren't graduating and might have contributed are:

Robert Holmes
Stanley Hubbard

That's it. That's the list you guy are melting over?

Thank you for your interest in UConn Football. My lord.

Reaction Score
The only guys in the portal that aren't graduating and might have contributed are:

Robert Holmes
Stanley Hubbard

wait we are dismissing the losses of those who have graduated and have significant roles? Cool that Leone, Coyle, Herring, and others are leaving?

Reaction Score

Robert Holmes
Stanley Hubbard

Well its a little more than that. We are on pace to be "developmental" program thats doesn't have 5th year seniors, and isn't close to having 85 scholarship players. All this while we are going into year 4 of REstored. REject is more like it.

Reaction Score
We can argue over who was responsible, but Summers was pretty bad his senior year. I particularly remember the Syracuse game during he was beaten repeatedly in key passing situations.
That was his junior year. He played poorly his last two years after having a great sophomore year.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Well its a little more than that. We are on pace to be "developmental" program thats doesn't have 5th year seniors, and isn't close to having 85 scholarship players. All this while we are going into year 4 of REstored. REject is more like it.

Grads leaving is the new normal. Having a couple starters leave hurts, but then again we were the worst team in the league 4 years running. I don't begrudge them wanting to hang it up after they get their degree. Maybe if next year looked like a big step they might have stayed. It's just as likely they would have lost their starting spots. Losing so many OL, is the only real concern I see here. The younger guys actually played pretty well in other positions at the end. Everyone is severely overstating this at the moment.

If a bunch of underclassmen head for the exits, then you can question what's going on. What's going on right now seems pretty obvious to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom