Transfer portal - outbound | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
dumpster fire.jpg

Live look in Storrs...

Reaction Score
1. None of these guys are good. Our best defender on one of the worst defenses in history. Let them all go! A bunch of players that couldn’t crack the lineup for a terrible team. Bye! Do we think another year of lifting weights and playing time getting destroyed by better athletes is somehow going to transform these guys. No!

2. The loss of these guys will force one of two things to happen. Edsall will need to use the portal and get some grad transfers. Something he has been reluctant to do, but many of us have been begging for. OR This will trigger another change in coaching which IS also a good thing.

Let this play out.

Reaction Score
1. None of these guys are good. Our best defender on one of the worst defenses in history. Let them all go! A bunch of players that couldn’t crack the lineup for a terrible team. Bye! Do we think another year of lifting weights and playing time getting destroyed by better athletes is somehow going to transform these guys. No!

2. The loss of these guys will force one of two things to happen. Edsall will need to use the portal and get some grad transfers. Something he has been reluctant to do, but many of us have been begging for. OR This will trigger another change in coaching which IS also a good thing.

Let this play out.
They are better than Freshmen

Reaction Score
They are better than Freshmen
Grad transfers are they only way he keeps his job. Saying these guys are better than freshmen is like saying a root canal is better than getting kicked in the jewels. Both suck.

Reaction Score

Let this play out.

For point 1, while some of these guys won't hurt and it makes sense they are leaving, some of them will hurt. "A bunch of players that couldn't crack the lineup" just isn't accurate for some of them.

For point 2, we could fire Edsall, or Edsall could make more use of the portal without all these transfers. Neither of those things should require losing these guys

Reaction Score
Grad transfers are they only way he keeps his job. Saying these guys are better than freshmen is like saying a root canal is better than getting kicked in the jewels. Both suck.

Give me a root canal any day.

Reaction Score
How hard did Diaco massage these guys egos? Jeez.. I'm sure Edsall isn't a blast to play for but I guess they don't want to win anytime soon either? Because if it were up to them Diaco would've been in what his 7th losing season? That would've been better I guess to them.. as long as the coach is 'cool' losing is acceptable.

*I know I'll get flamed for this but whatever

Reaction Score
For point 1, while some of these guys won't hurt and it makes sense they are leaving, some of them will hurt. "A bunch of players that couldn't crack the lineup" just isn't accurate for some of them.

For point 2, we could fire Edsall, or Edsall could make more use of the portal without all these transfers. Neither of those things should require losing these guys
You’re right on both, but I have little faith in Edsall. He’s still trying to use the late 90’s blue print to turn around this team. The problem is, unlike RE 1.0, players have much more mobility, UConn is not a BCS school, and much of Edsall’s philosophy doesn’t quite fit in with today’s modern player.

So, either Edsall needs to change, which is a good thing or he goes which is a good thing.

If everyone stays, nothing changes and we still don’t win.

Reaction Score
How hard did Diaco massage these guys egos? Jeez.. I'm sure Edsall isn't a blast to play for but I guess they don't want to win anytime soon either? Because if it were up to them Diaco would've been in what his 7th losing season? That would've been better I guess to them.. as long as the coach is 'cool' losing is acceptable.

*I know I'll get flamed for this but whatever
When was the last Bowl game? Winning season?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The sweet spot would have been to have 5 RS juniors and 9 or so other kids leave this December in order to put us in a position to have 25 free slots for 2020 which is the max turnover we can have while maintaining an 85 man scholarship roster. Now we are on a path to have more departures than we can replace (although we arent quite there yet, a few short at this hour) which is supremely frustrating.

That said, the biggest loss here is Coyle who was an enigma (but physically capable of getting better), followed perhaps by Hubbard, DeGeorge and Leone who were all really second stringers on winning programs but would have been great depth guys for us in 2020. Its also very disappointing to see guys like D Williams and Donaldson leave, two guys that it seemed Edsall respected. Yes Donaldson did disappear as a WR, but he also got his scholarship from Edsall as a WO, not Diaco and did manage to get this pretty awesome second act as a kick off guy (that tackles!). For whatever reason Taj never really developed at CB (maybe he should have been a WR like in HS) while several of the other dudes never really could get snaps here which says what you need to know about them.

What I dont want to see is the next round of transfers. There are some underclassman (true Edsall recruits) that might depart before we get a chance to see there capabilities. I hope that doesn't happen.

Of all the dudes leaving, Coyle is the only one that should/could land P5. I think the rest are bottom FBS (UMass/other independents), FCS or even DII.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you look at the prior year list it was extensive.... guess we have to wait for bowl season to end to have a better benchmark.
Sure but someone just claimed they had 23 in the portal. Seems inaccurate.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sure but someone just claimed they had 23 in the portal. Seems inaccurate.
Oh, totally with you on that. Whomever seems to be looking at prior year data....certainly not current data.

Reaction Score
When was the last Bowl game? Winning season?

My point being, it seems like the Diaco guys would be happy if he were still coach even though he was lousy.. did they ever intend on winning anything? Seems like they were content with going 2-10 indefinitely as long as the coach was 'cool' and now that he's not 'cool' they have a problem with the 'culture'.. rubs me the wrong way even though I'm not ecstatic about Edsall either.

Reaction Score
Summer is a Diaco. homer

"I remember it like it was yesterday.. Dec. 26, 2016 they got my dawg up outta there "

#Atleast11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69