Transfer portal - outbound | Page 50 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Do we have a complete list of transfers? 247 doesn't seem up to date.

Reaction Score
Do we have a complete list of transfers? 247 doesn't seem up to date.

UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Commits/Transfers to date:
  1. Jeff Woods - Norfolk State (FCS)
  2. OL Robert Holmes -Austin Peay (FCS)
  3. OL Stanley Hubbard - James Madison (FCS)
  4. RB Dante Black - Richmond (FCS)
  5. QB Michael Beaudry - Idaho (FCS)
  6. DB Tahj Herring-Wilson - ArkState (FBS)
  7. TE Donovan Williams - Elon (FCS)
  8. LB Eddie Hahn - Monmouth (FCS)
  9. WR/K Mason Donaldson - Campbell (FCS)
Outside of 247 being 247 when it comes to UConn, there could be a disconnect between the players who indicated they are transferring and the required paperwork officially being filed.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
My bad, I meant those who entered the portal or said they were transferring. I think I saw the number was anywhere from 26-31. Just wasn’t sure which kids Have Actually said they are leaving but aren’t showing in the portal.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just imagine if Randy Edsall said this... of course Saban a very different record of accomplishment

Reaction Score
Just imagine if Randy Edsall said this... of course Saban a very different record of accomplishment

People don't seem to understand that Saban is cut from the same cloth as Edsall. When Saban traded for Daunte Culpepper who had knee issues instead of signing Drew Brees who was recovering from a shoulder injury, it turn out to be a terrible decision. Culpepper played a couple of games and then spent the rest of the season on the bench rehabbing. We all know the kind of career Drew Brees went on to have with New Orleans. Saban blamed the doctors, not himself, for the this poor decision and left the Dolphins in terrible shape as he went back college coaching.
Edsall may deserve the criticism for not turning Uconn's football program around in his second tenure as head coach but he is not much different than many successful bigtime college coaches in his demeanor and overall football philosophy.
Winning cures many faults.

Reaction Score
It's not complicated. When you win like Nick Saban you get away like acting like Nick Saban. Which is to say like an ass hat. Randy is equal to Saban in his own mind I'm sure.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Just caught up on a few of the guys that left. Ryan Carroll looks like he is giving up football. Has enough on his plate. No one else looks like the are latching on anywhere and with everything at a stand still at colleges I doubt they find a home until late summer if at all.

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 8.44.32 PM.png

Reaction Score
People don't seem to understand that Saban is cut from the same cloth as Edsall. When Saban traded for Daunte Culpepper who had knee issues instead of signing Drew Brees who was recovering from a shoulder injury, it turn out to be a terrible decision. Culpepper played a couple of games and then spent the rest of the season on the bench rehabbing. We all know the kind of career Drew Brees went on to have with New Orleans. Saban blamed the doctors, not himself, for the this poor decision and left the Dolphins in terrible shape as he went back college coaching.
Edsall may deserve the criticism for not turning Uconn's football program around in his second tenure as head coach but he is not much different than many successful bigtime college coaches in his demeanor and overall football philosophy.
Winning cures many faults.
He actually chose Brees but the Dolphin Medical staff talked him out of it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Except he rarely punted. He was the holder and has landed the best transfer opp of the bunch. If that's not an indictment of the roster, I don't know what is.

The most desirable transfer is the FG holder.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Except he rarely punted. He was the holder and has landed the best transfer opp of the bunch. If that's not an indictment of the roster, I don't know what is.

The most desirable transfer is the FG holder.
I wish them all success in their future endeavors, but not as much as I wish for the ones that stayed! Go dogs

Reaction Score
I imagine we offered Maglozzi a scholarship to get him to come here. So we had two punters on scholly? Now one with a pwo as back up. Thats a better use of a roster.So Graham kept his, graduated and now gets to experience sec football. Good for him
Hope he has fun while getting his masters.

Reaction Score
UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Commits/Transfers to date:

OL Jeff Woods - Norfolk State (FCS)
OL Robert Holmes -Austin Peay (FCS)
OL Stanley Hubbard - James Madison (FCS)
RB Dante Black - Richmond (FCS)
QB Michael Beaudry - Idaho (FCS)
DB Tahj Herring-Wilson - ArkState (FBS)
TE Donovan Williams - Elon (FCS)
LB Eddie Hahn - Monmouth (FCS)
WR/K Mason Donaldson - Campbell (FCS)
P Brett Graham - Tennessee (FBS)
OL Cam DeGeorge - Louisville (FBS)

If Graham's a PWO shouldn't he be listed as FB/CS?

They're looking at DeGeorge as a backup so it'll be interesting to see if he exceeds their expectations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman