Transfer portal - outbound | Page 48 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not everyone is leaving because of on the field problems. Some are leaving because of off the field problems that cannot be ignored.

Cannot be ignored by who? Edsall or the University? If imagine these things happen all over but who knows. I'd also think you'd usually hear about it if it's an off the field issue that can't be ignored.

Not looking for info, just speaking out loud because I'd have imagined that if it was an off field issue that can't be ignored, it'd be public knowledge somewhere and I haven't heard of anything regarding him and any issues.

Perhaps we have the answer to this now...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Perhaps we have the answer to this now...
I hear there is another player already in the portal (player entered after the season finished) that is also involved...and perhaps more involved than these two. FWIW - I think it’s fair to assume the staff has known about the matter for a little while now. And I think there was some hope that Gillespie would squeak out of this when all said and done (and not be served with an arrest warrant).

Reaction Score
First thought is how do these kids not realize they're throwing away rare opportunities? First rate university, first rate facilities, equipment and coaching and they chose to become third rate burglars. Hard to figure in this day and age with the payments for "full cost of attendance", Pell Grants, etc.

Wording for the charge "third degree burglary":
Third-degree burlgary is defined in Connecticut as entering or remaining in a building with intent to commit a crime. Sixth-degree larceny involves theft of property worth $500 or less.

I spoke with Jamelle Elliott last year about her job and as I understood it one aspect was providing programs to better prepare the athletes for life after college. It would be great if there was a way to educate the kids about the kind of lives people like Lyman Depriest, John Gwynn and others have fashioned for themselves without the riches of lucrative professional careers.

Reaction Score
So. Is uconn going to have enough players to field a high school level team in August?

Reaction Score
Nothing Burger...

I’m guessing the 31 total players mentioned are including Gillespie and O’Neil. So that would mean 29 players left the program on their own or were not offered a scholarship. I wonder what the common denominator would be???!

Reaction Score
I’m guessing the 31 total players mentioned are including Gillespie and O’Neil. So that would mean 29 players left the program on their own or were not offered a scholarship. I wonder what the common denominator would be???!

based on the results we have seen, I have a guess.

Reaction Score
The number of transfers in a vacuum is meaningless. The real question is how many of these transfers were expected to play next season? Another way to look at it is how many schollies are we under the 85 limit? The answer is 6. The number 6 is much less alarming than 29.

BTW has Coyle found a home yet?

Reaction Score

The common denominator is they’re D2 level players

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
Did anyone do a breakdown of Fiasco recruits vs Edsall in portal?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Here is what I would say- the first RE class was put together with little time and has fallen apart a little more than expected. That said- what Diaco did prior with roster management, on field abilities, of his recruits are amongst the worst things I have ever seen from a coach. All of this led to the Portal purge.

Reaction Score
I hear there is another player already in the portal (player entered after the season finished) that is also involved...and perhaps more involved than these two. FWIW - I think it’s fair to assume the staff has known about the matter for a little while now. And I think there was some hope that Gillespie would squeak out of this when all said and done (and not be served with an arrest warrant).

Reaction Score
So all the people having a heart attack about these transfers can now stop with the a fib yes?
1. All but one who left went 1AA correct?
2. Others have had a run in with the law

No true starters that don’t fall under 1 or 2 actually left. Correct?
But yeah. Edsall doesn’t know what he’s doing Sarcasm off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99