Transfer portal - outbound | Page 49 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
So all the people having a heart attack about these transfers can now stop with the a fib yes?
1. All but one who left went 1AA correct?
2. Others have had a run in with the law

No true starters that don’t fall under 1 or 2 actually left. Correct?
But yeah. Edsall doesn’t know what he’s doing Sarcasm off
The only ones we don't know about yet are Coyle and Nino Leone, the rest weren't starting moving forward. Herring Wilson went to Arkansas State so I guess that counts as FBS. Bottom line, this purge wasn't a bad thing. The optics aren't good and RE didn't do a good job of public relations. Had he been counseled or scripted to handle that, UConn would come out looking much better. But at the end of the day, we want a winner and if the roster turnover brought that about, it was the right thing to do.

Reaction Score
Coyle, DeGeorge, and Leone are the biggest losses and could certainly play at the FBS level. There is an interesting waiting game for some of these transfers as spots come available after the Spring practices. However, it is interesting that no team saw the value of getting those players when they became available. I though Coyle and DeGeorge would garner some immediate interest.

Reaction Score
So. Is uconn going to have enough players to field a high school level team in August?
Don’t worry players coming in our better then ones leaving. Good luck to the players leaving for division 2 or 3 opportunities to play and excel . I wish them the best.

Reaction Score
The only ones we don't know about yet are Coyle and Nino Leone, the rest weren't starting moving forward. Herring Wilson went to Arkansas State so I guess that counts as FBS. Bottom line, this purge wasn't a bad thing. The optics aren't good and RE didn't do a good job of public relations. Had he been counseled or scripted to handle that, UConn would come out looking much better. But at the end of the day, we want a winner and if the roster turnover brought that about, it was the right thing to do.
It was the only thing for Randy to do.

Reaction Score
Here is what I would say- the first RE class was put together with little time and has fallen apart a little more than expected. That said- what Diaco did prior with roster management, on field abilities, of his recruits are amongst the worst things I have ever seen from a coach. All of this led to the Portal purge.

it will be interesting to see what Diaco can do against the Big Ten offenses as the D-coordinator at Purdue.

Reaction Score
The common denominator is they’re D2 level players
i
So players like DeGeorge, Leon, Black, Coyle and Graham are D2 players. There are some players that came from JUCO and D2 programs that fit your bill but then you have to ask, “If they can’t play at this level then why were they offered a scholarship in the first place?”

Reaction Score
i
So players like DeGeorge, Leon, Black, Coyle and Graham are D2 players. There are some players that came from JUCO and D2 programs that fit your bill but then you have to ask, “If they can’t play at this level then why were they offered a scholarship in the first place?”
Those players are not. But they have chosen to move on. As to why the players leaving were here in the 1st place, how many times must that be answered? Many were recruited by the previous staff. A few ran afoul of program rules and expectations. Is this really that hard?

Reaction Score
So all the people having a heart attack about these transfers can now stop with the a fib yes?
1. All but one who left went 1AA correct?
2. Others have had a run in with the law

No true starters that don’t fall under 1 or 2 actually left. Correct?
But yeah. Edsall doesn’t know what he’s doing Sarcasm off

The broader issue is not the 31 players leaving vs their talent level or starter status, it's the depth and development hole this creates. Top 25 schools would find success difficult with this much roster turnover, as it means 1 or 2 injuries away from playing kids that are inexperienced and under developed.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Out of the 31 kids transferring in the portal, I believe only a handful have actually landed somewhere. I'm too lazy to go searching but I believe it's less than 10 and I know Coyle is the only one with a FBS transfer. The fact that the other 21+ couldn't even find a home yet, speaks volumes about why they are where they are. I hope they all find homes but can we please stop with the crying over the fact that so many kids are leaving the program? If a lot of these kids were finding FBS or even FCS homes, I'd be more concerned. The fact that many have not, makes me not so worried.....

Reaction Score
Out of the 31 kids transferring in the portal, I believe only a handful have actually landed somewhere. I'm too lazy to go searching but I believe it's less than 10 and I know Coyle is the only one with a FBS transfer. The fact that the other 21+ couldn't even find a home yet, speaks volumes about why they are where they are. I hope they all find homes but can we please stop with the crying over the fact that so many kids are leaving the program? If a lot of these kids were finding FBS or even FCS homes, I'd be more concerned. The fact that many have not, makes me not so worried.....

8 are committed, 7 FCS, Coyle isn't committed (yet), Herring-Wilson still FBS

Reaction Score
8 are committed, 7 FCS, Coyle isn't committed (yet), Herring-Wilson still FBS
UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Commits/Transfers to date:
  1. Jeff Woods - Norfolk State (FCS)
  2. OL Robert Holmes -Austin Peay (FCS)
  3. OL Stanley Hubbard - James Madison (FCS)
  4. RB Dante Black - Richmond (FCS)
  5. QB Michael Beaudry - Idaho (FCS)
  6. DB Tahj Herring-Wilson - ArkState (FBS)
  7. TE Donovan Williams - Elon (FCS)
  8. LB Eddie Hahn - Monmouth (FCS)
  9. WR/K Mason Donaldson - Campbell (FCS)

Reaction Score
UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Commits/Transfers to date:
  1. Jeff Woods - Norfolk State (FCS)
  2. OL Robert Holmes -Austin Peay (FCS)
  3. OL Stanley Hubbard - James Madison (FCS)
  4. RB Dante Black - Richmond (FCS)
  5. QB Michael Beaudry - Idaho (FCS)
  6. DB Tahj Herring-Wilson - ArkState (FBS)
  7. TE Donovan Williams - Elon (FCS)
  8. LB Eddie Hahn - Monmouth (FCS)
  9. WR/K Mason Donaldson - Campbell (FCS)

247 doesn't have Donaldson yet, forgot about him. Thanks

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I heard back in December that Coyle had at least one P5 offer....no idea what came of it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Doesn't he have to graduate this spring.
Yes, I would think so.... and that might be complicating matters/limiting choices.

That said, come mid July I would expect Coyle to have an FBS home no matter what his academic situation might be...if its even an issue at all.

Reaction Score
No,most are FBS level at BEST. I hope they are successful at the FBS Level. I also hope the ones that were just arrested can get their act together and stay out of jail.

I doubt that most were FBS level. I think that was the problem.

Reaction Score
Yes, I would think so.... and that might be complicating matters/limiting choices.

That said, come mid July I would expect Coyle to have an FBS home no matter what his academic situation might be...if its even an issue at all.
UMass could use him

Reaction Score
I heard back in December that Coyle had at least one P5 offer....no idea what came of it.

Is it out of the question for Coyle to come back to UConn if he doesn't get great offers? I'm thinking no way but other schools have had guys in the portal who then withdrew.

Reaction Score
Is it out of the question for Coyle to come back to UConn if he doesn't get great offers? I'm thinking no way but other schools have had guys in the portal who then withdrew.

I keep hoping.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Seems unlikely - but perhaps it could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom