Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Why would he do that? Was he so insecure with his ability to lead that he had to act like there was no past at UConn? I could kind of get that if he followed RE, but he followed PP.
Yes - he was sooo insecure that he needed to be the only voice in the room. That was his leadership style.

Reaction Score
Everyone has an opinion. And that’s what gives each of us the freedom of speech. Maybe in the next few weeks it will all come to light. To blast the players who left let’s wait and see what they have to say. Because I know that the people offering their opinions on this blog aren’t qualified to carry their helmets to practice. That they all will be playing next season. UConn Players under Edsall and under Diaco will have an opinion on the type of coaches they were. Funny everyone is bashing Diaco for not involving the former players alumni in anything. It’s time to stop living in the past. Concentrate on the present. The players are trying to tell all of you something. And that is the culture is not healthy. They are not disgruntled players. They love their University and their teammates. That’s why they stayed. Not one of you have asked them the ones in the portal if any of this is true. I think you may be afraid of the answer. Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching. They are standing up for themselves and the players they are leaving behind. They bleed blue and RE got his wish. The Diaco boys are leaving. Heads held high, with degrees in hand and finishing strong where they are wanted. Not one of them has bashed RE this blog wants you to believe they did. All they did is speak their mind and tell you that they respect Coach Diaco. Think about it the next time you want to judge the players in the lockerroom. You have no idea what they have endured. That no one complained they took their lumps and have been told since his arrival they are not wanted. With this class goes a very strong group of student athletes. You will hear about them next season and I personally wish them all the success that they deserve.
Thanks Mrs. Diaco

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Everyone has an opinion. And that’s what gives each of us the freedom of speech. Maybe in the next few weeks it will all come to light. To blast the players who left let’s wait and see what they have to say. Because I know that the people offering their opinions on this blog aren’t qualified to carry their helmets to practice. That they all will be playing next season. UConn Players under Edsall and under Diaco will have an opinion on the type of coaches they were. Funny everyone is bashing Diaco for not involving the former players alumni in anything. It’s time to stop living in the past. Concentrate on the present. The players are trying to tell all of you something. And that is the culture is not healthy. They are not disgruntled players. They love their University and their teammates. That’s why they stayed. Not one of you have asked them the ones in the portal if any of this is true. I think you may be afraid of the answer. Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching. They are standing up for themselves and the players they are leaving behind. They bleed blue and RE got his wish. The Diaco boys are leaving. Heads held high, with degrees in hand and finishing strong where they are wanted. Not one of them has bashed RE this blog wants you to believe they did. All they did is speak their mind and tell you that they respect Coach Diaco. Think about it the next time you want to judge the players in the lockerroom. You have no idea what they have endured. That no one complained they took their lumps and have been told since his arrival they are not wanted. With this class goes a very strong group of student athletes. You will hear about them next season and I personally wish them all the success that they deserve.
This person is more than "just a fb fan."

So much to unpack here....but the short of it is this, why wont the Diaco era players just leave quietly? There was an opportunity for a clean break here with kids moving on, but instead it seems Diaco kids want to try to get their shots in which isn't going to get them anywhere other than to possibly look petty.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Diaco working his way back again. He will get another shot to be a HC. He is young and can coach defense. Needs to leave offense to someone else.

Reaction Score
It has to do with the way Diaco blocked all the UConn football alumni from the program. Whitewashed the past - I dealt with Diaco his first year and I can attest that he treated me and anyone related to the previous regimes of the program poorly.
This was the most egregious thing he did.

Reaction Score
All of the nonsense going on now really speaks to a poor culture within UConn football. Maybe Edsall should have accelerated the roster cleaning process. Who knows. Tyler Coyle transferring really says something as he was appointed captain by Edsall. It appears he didn't believe in his head coach, even though the head coach believed in him. That really reflects poorly on the player.

Reaction Score
All of the nonsense going on now really speaks to a poor culture within UConn football. Maybe Edsall should have accelerated the roster cleaning process. Who knows. Tyler Coyle transferring really says something as he was appointed captain by Edsall. It appears he didn't believe in his head coach, even though the head coach believed in him. That really reflects poorly on the player.
What does it reflect on the coach? Kid's all in enough for HCRE2.0 to pick him as captain, goes through the season and sees year 3 of the HCRE2.0 rebuild and how the HC handles the program/players and decides to leave rather than reap the benefits of rebuild year 4.

Reaction Score

Or maybe Coyle wants to spend his last year of eligibility on a team with a chance to win.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This person is more than "just a fb fan."

So much to unpack here....but the short of it is this, why wont the Diaco era players just leave quietly? There was an opportunity for a clean break here with kids moving on, but instead it seems Diaco kids want to try to get their shots in which isn't going to get them anywhere other than to possibly look petty.
Because they were conned by Diaco. Their alternative is to consider that they aren’t as good as he told them.

Reaction Score

Can't blame any player for not buying into a culture of losing that is RE 2.0. Coyle did his part as the best player on the team. Randy winning two games did not do his part.

Reaction Score
Can't blame any player for not buying into a culture of losing that is RE 2.0. Coyle did his part as the best player on the team. Randy winning two games did not do his part.
I just disagree. Are you telling me that captains on losing teams should be looking for better opportunities? That is not what a team captain does. If a kid doesn't believe in what the coach is doing, and doesn't support the coach 100%, he should have turned down the opportunity to be captain.

Reaction Score
I just disagree. Are you telling me that captains on losing teams should be looking for better opportunities? That is not what a team captain does. If a kid doesn't believe in what the coach is doing, and doesn't support the coach 100%, he should have turned down the opportunity to be captain.

What? Coyle graduated, he has his UCONN degree. Who can blame him?

Reaction Score
The fake fake field goal was not only stupid as strategy, it also forced the kicker to run around like an idiot before missing the kick. Then he blames the kicker! How is that being player friendly? A coach should at least attempt to put players in a position to succeed. When RE was hired, it was said that at least there is an adult in charge. I believe that to be true. Those opining for disastro, fans or players are misguided.

Reaction Score
What? Coyle graduated, he has his UCONN degree. Who can blame him?
Maybe I'm old school, but a team captain is a critical leadership position on a team.

As for graduating, I could be wrong, but I don't think he has graduated from UConn yet. If he won't graduate until May, he can't join a new team until the summer and he would miss Spring practice. That would probably limit his transfer opportunities.

Reaction Score

Yes, especially on a team led by dream job Randy. Donovan Williams, team captain, is also leaving. Do they lack integrity or is there a common denominator that contributed to their decision to quit the team? They don't owe anyone. Perhaps they just want to experience a winning and successful culture for their last year.

Reaction Score
If the head coach's hand picked captains decide to transfer after the season maybe the coach should turn down the opportunity to coach another year.

Reaction Score
Two things come to mind when I think of Diaco: his introductory press conference where he was spouting how "we'll be competing for national championships in a few years" among all the other bluster; and the end of the Navy game his first year. That game was symbolic of his inability to manage a team and in several other games that year he seemed to have no sense of how much time it took to run certain plays nor how much time was left to run those plays.
If any of these players posting praise for Diaco were there when he was hired and for the Navy game they're just being defensive about the guy that recruited them.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The fake fake field goal was not only stupid as strategy, it also forced the kicker to run around like an idiot before missing the kick. Then he blames the kicker! How is that being player friendly? A coach should at least attempt to put players in a position to succeed. When RE was hired, it was said that at least there is an adult in charge. I believe that to be true. Those opining for disastro, fans or players are misguided.

The fake fake field goal was the stupidest play call ever made in any sport at any level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom