Transfer Portal - May | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal - May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was thinking more about it this week and Stretching the Floor is a name that doesn't exist yet for a blog and fits the theme of what I'd want to focus on.

Anyone interested in making a quick logo, hit me up via PM!
You could try to get Tile America, wood flooring, cleaning products, poly/stain, etc companies to advertise.

Reaction Score
I was thinking more about it this week and Stretching the Floor is a name that doesn't exist yet for a blog and fits the theme of what I'd want to focus on.

Anyone interested in making a quick logo, hit me up via PM!
Ignore the bottom request. Made one a crude one last night that I'm rolling with now.

With the school year winding down, I probably won't write my first post until June, but I started my musings on Twitter today: @stf_ncaa

I'll try to post once per day, maybe more on the weekends. Feel free to follow.

Reaction Score
More local news:

East Catholic HS alum and Manchester native Matt Veretto has transferred to Vermont.

The 24 year old, 6'7 wing last played D1 basketball in 18-19 at Delaware where he averaged 6.4p and 39.1 3p% in 20 mpg.

Not confirmed, my guess is at that age he has just one year remaining of eligibility.

Vermont also with a very good HS class featuring two three-year commits with multiple high-major offers: Perry Smith Jr (9 high-major offers) and Jorge Ochoa (2 high-major offers). They also add a Hurley.

Reaction Score
More local news:

East Catholic HS alum and Manchester native Matt Veretto has transferred to Vermont.

The 24 year old, 6'7 wing last played D1 basketball in 18-19 at Delaware where he averaged 6.4p and 39.1 3p% in 20 mpg.

Not confirmed, my guess is at that age he has just one year remaining of eligibility.

Vermont also with a very good HS class featuring two three-year commits with multiple high-major offers: Perry Smith Jr (9 high-major offers) and Jorge Ochoa (2 high-major offers). They also add a Hurley.
I didn’t understand why he stopped playing college basketball after a good freshman season.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I didn’t understand why he stopped playing college basketball after a good freshman season.
Yeah, that was a mystery to me - kid could shoot the long ball
He is someone UConn could use to keep opposing Ds honest a few minutes a game.

Reaction Score
More local news:

Solid pickup for Quinnipiac. Was 247's #236 recruit of '21 and had offers from Creighton, Georgetown, DePaul, St. John's, Illinois, UMass and URI out of HS.

MJ1

Reaction Score
I know it’s a Dukie… but could be a nice complimentary shooter off the bench….

He missed the May 1st deadline to transfer this season, must sit out a year unless he’s granted a waiver. Which he may get due to coaching change.

Reaction Score
One example of how good this Saint Peter’s team was: two A10 teams, two MVC teams and Bryant (who is now in the CAA).

MJ1

Reaction Score
Not true. He's a grad transfer and is eligible to play anywhere in 22-23 w/o a waiver.
Wow, time flies, did not realize he was there 4 years. Thought he was a Junior. Numbers not good for a four year stint.

Reaction Score

Heck of a pickup. One of my favorite high-major players…tough, smart, great passer. I love “position-less” guys like him.

Reaction Score
Wow, time flies, did not realize he was there 4 years. Thought he was a Junior. Numbers not good for a four year stint.
He really should be a junior, he was redshirting his freshman year and then Coach K burned his redshirt with 4 games left in the season to play him for 18 minutes over 4 games

Reaction Score

Heck of a pickup. One of my favorite high-major players…tough, smart, great passer. I love “position-less” guys like him.

What lead to the exodus of top players from Texas tech? Seemed like they were such a positive story this past season.

Reaction Score
What lead to the exodus of top players from Texas tech? Seemed like they were such a positive story this past season.
I don't really see an exodus:
  • Four of their rotation players graduated (Williams, Warren, Arms, Santos-Silva).
  • Four players return (Obanor, Batcho, Nadoiny, Allen)
  • Two starters transfer (Shannon and McCullar, if McCullar even plays at Kansas at all)
  • Their other three transfers averaged 15 mpg (Mylik Wilson), 8 mpg (Calhoun) and 6.7 mpg (Agbo)
Adams countered that talent loss with four transfers (Aimaq and Harmon are the big hauls while Jaylon Tylon was a TT four-star recruit to transferred from Texas after one year) and a three-man '22 class, led by two top-90 recruits.

Reaction Score
well just imagine what would have transpired here if 2 of our returning starters transferred lol
Yea I guess that’s kinda how I was looking at it, quality starters from a sweet 16 team left to go to other programs, if Sanogo and Jackson left we would be on red alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom