Transfer Portal - May 2023 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal - May 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We need at least two tall guard/sf shooters
I'd expect at least one of Ball/Ross/Stewart to be able to play right away at a high level, so we'll manage with 1 addition probably.

Reaction Score
It's just a clickbait tweet/article. Until we actually reach out to him I won't freak out

Reaction Score

I'm guessing Georgetown, would be a big get for them

-> Spencer was hardly considered a flight risk. Not only was he the team’s leading scorer, but was the kind of Rutgers athlete who, just a couple weeks ago, was cheering on his fellow Scarlet Knights at the Big Ten golf championships in nearby Galloway. He had playing time, a coaching staff he liked and a guaranteed slot in dozens of primetime TV games.

What more could he want?

Multiple sources confirmed on Friday that Spencer made a business decision. When the transfer portal closed for the sport last week, the senior shooting guard — who, because he received his degree this spring, was free to go anywhere and play right away — became a hot commodity. He apparently received a name, image and likeness offer that he could not refuse, from a yet-to-be-revealed suitor that was desperate for talent. Georgetown is believed to be that program. <-

Reaction Score

-> Spencer was hardly considered a flight risk. Not only was he the team’s leading scorer, but was the kind of Rutgers athlete who, just a couple weeks ago, was cheering on his fellow Scarlet Knights at the Big Ten golf championships in nearby Galloway. He had playing time, a coaching staff he liked and a guaranteed slot in dozens of primetime TV games.

What more could he want?

Multiple sources confirmed on Friday that Spencer made a business decision. When the transfer portal closed for the sport last week, the senior shooting guard — who, because he received his degree this spring, was free to go anywhere and play right away — became a hot commodity. He apparently received a name, image and likeness offer that he could not refuse, from a yet-to-be-revealed suitor that was desperate for talent. Georgetown is believed to be that program. <-

Sorry but something needs to change this has become ridiculous. Salary cap in college? Lol like it would stop Self and others. Huge can of worms for the cheaters has been opened. Need to get a handle on this crap.

Reaction Score

What more could he want?

Makes perfect sense.
Easy Ed on the prowl and likely has way more money to play with at Georgetown than DH has to work with.
Too bad for him if true, as a NC would be something more meaningful for a lifetime than one year of NIL $........of course just how desperate Cooley is and how much money's involved could change a kid's mind.

Reaction Score
Makes perfect sense.
Easy Ed on the prowl and likely has way more money to play with at Georgetown than DH has to work with.
Too bad for him if true, as a NC would be something more meaningful for a lifetime than one year of NIL $........of course just how desperate Cooley is and how much money's involved could change a kid's mind.
Why would he have more money to play with at Georgetown than we have?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They will probably have some version of collective bargaining and a salary cap at some point, but it could take a while. Georgetown is showing what can happen if one of the prestige universities decides enough is enough.

If Stanford or Northwestern or Duke ever decided to really go to war in recruiting in the NIL era, they would dominate. They just have more ultra rich alumni than anyone else.

Reaction Score
Has Sanogo signed with an agent? Imagine what his NIL value might be worth. He might get 500k or more to go play for a university. Or is he still unable to make NIL? Nevermind in that case.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Has Sanogo signed with an agent? Imagine what his NIL value might be worth. He might get 500k or more to go play for a university. Or is he still unable to make NIL? Nevermind in that case.
1684623037775.gif

Reaction Score
You can sign with certain agents and still maintain eligibility but I doubt Adama plays another college game.I think he’s going to get drafted in the 2nd round.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Makes perfect sense.
Why do you think there’s more money at Georgetown?

Reaction Score

6-4, grad transfer, 40+% from 3, and fills our biggest need… enters the portal a day after the combines have ended and DH likely knows none of our dudes are coming back (even if Newton somehow returns, this is still a need). I hope Hurley has this one locked up.

Reaction Score

6-4, grad transfer, 40+% from 3, and fills our biggest need… enters the portal a day after the combines have ended and DH likely knows none of our dudes are coming back (even if Newton somehow returns, this is still a need). I hope Hurley has this one locked up.

My sources are all saying Georgetown

Reaction Score
I don’t know about “sources,” yours or anyone else’s, but it was set to be Georgetown until Cooley and company messed up by setting the transfer in motion but not finalizing the deal before the transfer news became public. Now, the price has gone up. Cooley’s been getting a lot of mileage out of his good guy rep/PC fan adoration and to see people finally getting a real look at him is gratifying. I’m not naive. I know how this all works, but some of us have been knowing about Ed.

People act like getting transfers these days is like setting your fantasy baseball roster (see a need, fill a need). It’s more complex and, to some, restrictive than it has ever been.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t know about “sources,” yours or anyone else’s, but it was set to be Georgetown until Cooley and company messed up by setting the transfer in motion but not finalizing the deal before the transfer news became public. Now, the price has gone up. Cooley’s been getting a lot of mileage out of his good guy rep/PC fan adoration and to see people finally getting a real look at him is gratifying. I’m not naive. I know how this all works, but some of us have been knowing about Ed.

People act like getting transfers these days is like setting your fantasy baseball roster (see a need, fill a need). It’s more complex and, to some, restrictive than it has ever been.
He’s been shady. Idk how UConn fans didn’t realize this after CFJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog