Transfer Portal (2022-2023) | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal (2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are players restricted from tranferring within the conference they are in now, or are free to except an offer from any school out there?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Princeton guard Abby Meyers was a unanimous selection for Ivy League Player of the Year after leading her Tigers to an undefeated regular season and the top seed in this weekend’s Ivy Madness. The senior finished second in the conference in scoring at 17.7 points per game and ninth in rebounding, pulling down 6.1 rebounds per game. She was one of the most efficient scorers in the Ivy League, shooting 45.9 percent from the field and 40.9 percent from three-point range, ranking fourth and first, respectively, in the Ivy League. Abby is in the transfer portal and I pray that UCONN is interested.

Reaction Score
Aaliyah Nye from Illinois. Leading scorer and leaving after one year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Olivia Pollerd and Marisa Davis-Jones from Washington.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Seeing tweets from the anonymous Raoul raises an interesting question about his information about which players are in the transfer portal. The NCAA reportedly sought to prevent non-coaches from borrowing a coach's login information. Won't matter if a coach simply forwards the information to non-coaches.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This thread should be very interesting over the next few weeks and months. I have my full arsenal of surprise GIFs ready including this one
Chris Pratt Oh Snap GIF

Reaction Score
This thread should be very interesting over the next few weeks and months. I have my full arsenal of surprise GIFs ready including this one
Chris Pratt Oh Snap GIF
Hopefully it's a large one. Over 100 players have entered the portal since March 1, per Raoul. He's predicting possibly 1,200 this season.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Hopefully it's a large one. Over 100 players have entered the portal since March 1, per Raoul. He's predicting possibly 1,200 this season.
Hmm, some were saying last year's 1000+ was a one time spike. Nope, this genie is not going back in the bottle.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Princeton guard Abby Meyers was a unanimous selection for Ivy League Player of the Year after leading her Tigers to an undefeated regular season and the top seed in this weekend’s Ivy Madness. The senior finished second in the conference in scoring at 17.7 points per game and ninth in rebounding, pulling down 6.1 rebounds per game. She was one of the most efficient scorers in the Ivy League, shooting 45.9 percent from the field and 40.9 percent from three-point range, ranking fourth and first, respectively, in the Ivy League. Abby is in the transfer portal and I pray that UCONN is interested.
e

Understand that, but I was thinking of a different school ;). She and Sonia Citron together would be a formidable duo.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Abby Meyers wants to stay close to home and have her family see her play 16-18 times a year. The family is only a 20-minute drive to College Park.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I wonder if Abby Meyers wants to stay close to home and have her family see her play 16-18 times a year. The family is only a 20-minute drive to College Park.
I was wondering about the local angle. Did she commit early to Princeton or was there some interest in her from The Terps? The Ivy transfer connection seems to have worked well for Brenda. Is Katie Benzan coming back or is her eligibility exhausted at this point?

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I took in a little of the Princeton game and I'd say bring in Abby Meyers for her last year to bridge UConn's guard gap to 23. She's a good overall player and would fit in as a role player.
Stanford could work too. Presumably she has the academic chops for grad transfer admission. Just sayin'... :p

Reaction Score
I was wondering about the local angle. Did she commit early to Princeton or was there some interest in her from The Terps? The Ivy transfer connection seems to have worked well for Brenda. Is Katie Benzan coming back or is her eligibility exhausted at this point?
If I’m not mistaken I believe her eligibility is exhausted. This year is her 2nd year at MD, she came onboard as a grad transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom