Transfer Portal (2022-2023) | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal (2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
My big question is if Latson stays or reopens recruitment. She was excellent in the McDonald's AA game.
Yep. Texas and NC State were the other two schools she officially visited last summer before committing to FSU.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Rumors going around about Kennedy Brown from OSU may enter the portal
Every off season I wonder if Oregon State's Taylor Jones will consider transferring back home to a school in Texas.

Reaction Score
I thought she was going to try to go pro. for some reason I thought this was her fifth year already. In any event I'm a fan. Can help a lot of teams, and one more year can help her improve her playmaking. But she has good size and is always ready to shoot.
Good move for Schwartz to play in college another year. Her ball handling under pressure needs work and she can get stronger

Reaction Score

This is getting out of hand lol

I think people around the Arkansas program saw this one coming from a distance. Disappointing, but not a surprise. She'll be a good pick up for someone who needs a shooter.

Reaction Score
I wish someone would smack Kim with a dose of reality that freshmen can be good contributors. I see countless programs play freshmen and they shine every year. Never understood her approach to freshmen and insist that they don't get major roles until years 2 or 3. While she is a great coach, that stunts development and honestly is probably a turn off to elite recruits.
Agreed, however she did play Griner as a freshman but Griner's talent easily explains the exception.

Reaction Score
True.

It's like free agency. So all I know is that Kim better be on the phone and going for the big fish.
It's either work the portal or be prepared to play freshmen.

Reaction Score
Will Minnesota ever fire Linsday Whalen, or is this mass exodus ALL the fault of the players transferring?
She it toast....

Not going to survive, she will get another year of paychecks and will be let go

Reaction Score
Ladazhia Williams to LSU supposedly.

LSU supposedly has a few transfers committed but aren’t making an announcement yet.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
This is interesting. If she follows her sister to Iowa State it gives the Cyclones the one thing they have been missing…a post player!!!
Technically, she wouldn't be following her sister to Iowa State as Addy can't sign her LOI until November, and wouldn't be part of the Iowa State roster until 2023-24.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This is interesting. If she follows her sister to Iowa State it gives the Cyclones the one thing they have been missing…a post player!!!
Except she fancies herself a stretch 4...only she can't hit the 3. Does not want to play the 5, wasn't thrilled at being forced to do it this year when Jones got hurt.

Reaction Score
Except she fancies herself a stretch 4...only she can't hit the 3. Does not want to play the 5, wasn't thrilled at being forced to do it this year when Jones got hurt.
Sounds like she should go to Arkansas and launch a bunch of 3s like one of their 6’5 players does :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Sounds like she should go to Arkansas and launch a bunch of 3s like one of their 6’5 players does :rolleyes:
I noticed that too with the Ark player. She puts in all her bios “6’5” Guard” as if she has to announce she is not a forward/center. I think everyone wants to be Breanna Stewart’s and Ellena Delle Donne. Doesn’t work out if they can’t even dribble or shoot might as well be well rounded. Sucks for the kids that their advisors dog on being a post player and it doesn’t pan out. Hope they’re open minded!

Reaction Score
Does Oregon have anyone besides Poa-Poa and prince?
This brings the roster down to 11 Including 4 incoming Frosh. Prince, Rogers, and Paopao remain the core veterans. Kyei, Hurst, and Pinto logged a lot of minutes. Not sure about Hosendove future. Lots of PT available for incoming frosh.
Not super surprised at Bigby transfer. Least amount of PT on team. Maybe better fit at non-Pac 12.
Not sure if other shoes will drop but I’m guessing Graves wants a roster of 12 at least so will be shopping the portal.

Reaction Score
I noticed that too with the Ark player. She puts in all her bios “6’5” Guard” as if she has to announce she is not a forward/center. I think everyone wants to be Breanna Stewart’s and Ellena Delle Donne. Doesn’t work out if they can’t even dribble or shoot might as well be well rounded. Sucks for the kids that their advisors dog on being a post player and it doesn’t pan out. Hope they’re open minded!
Jersey Wolfenbarger is a very talented player and can actually handle the ball well for a kid her size. But… she isn’t at that point in her development where she should be shooting as many 3s and handling the ball like guard. But that is Neighbors wide open offense for ya. I think that was a pretty giant thing in her recruitment. I recall it being between Baylor and Arkansas but we all know Kim would never allow her to play that free.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Technically, she wouldn't be following her sister to Iowa State as Addy can't sign her LOI until November, and wouldn't be part of the Iowa State roster until 2023-24.
I think you know what I meant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds