Transfer Portal (2022-2023) | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal (2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I want her here at UConn so bad lol

It is getting difficult to keep up. At this rate you are going to see some schools with as many or more transfers than high school or junior college recruits. I’m really not liking the direction this is going.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow...is this a large vote of no confidence in the new coaching hire at FSU? Some entered the portal before the decision was announced, but some after. The players are obviously familiar with her.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Mississippi State absolutely jammed the ball inside to McCowan.

With the exception of that weird dribble/drive weave game in Columbia, I never thought Miss State was particularly difficult for SCar to defend.

You just needed to keep TM off the boards...easier said than done and obviously very difficult for teams without size.
Mississippi State never prioritized interior play to the degree that SC does. Vic's lineup usually have 1 big and 4 perimeter oriented players, where Dawn usually has 2 in 3 out. McCowan even as as senior was 3rd on the team in FGA, and a good number of those FGA were from offensive rebounds. They never prioritized her in the same way SC prioritized involving Wilson/Coates or even Boston this year. It's not better or worse but different systems altogether. SC usually defended well against Mississippi State, but MSU averaged 81 per game in 2017-18 and 86 per game in 2018-19. That's solid offensive production any way you cut it.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wow...is this a large vote of no confidence in the new coaching hire at FSU? Some entered the portal before the decision was announced, but some after. The players are obviously familiar with her.
My big question is if Latson stays or reopens recruitment. She was excellent in the McDonald's AA game.

Reaction Score
Some may have the mindset the grass is greener elsewhere. While I’m sure the players like her I imagine most went to FSU due to Sue. Not hard to imagine many want a fresh start after the coaching change.

But this has become the norm now in college sports

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I think you made a good point. In Clark’s case, she was a homegrown talent. With Paige, UConn is simply a basketball factory. With Brink, I’d imagine it’s hard for anyone to turn down Stanford and even harder to leave once you realize what you’re getting on the court and in the classroom.
Factory shmactory ---> coaches and the program preparing the players for next steps. Not even listing all the programs status of NCs, , etc, etc.
  • Only 4 of 25 WNBA championship teams that did not include at least one UConn alumna on the roster
  • 40 players drafted into the WNBA , tied with UT
  • 5 #1 picks - Bird, Taurasi, Charles, Moore, Stewart
  • 26 players drafted in 1st round
  • 2 of 4 times UConn players were drafted b2b, #1 and #2
  • 1x UConn had 4 players drafted in 1st round, all in top 6
  • 2x UConn had 3 players drafted in 1st round
  • 4 of 5x players were drafted 1st after winning the NC - Bird, Taurasi, Charles, Stewart
  • 4 players selected MVP - Taurasi, Charles, Moore, Stewart
  • 3 players selected 5x for WNBA finals MVP - Taurasi (2), Moore, Stewart (2)

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
It's interesting. I mean, Brooke Wycoff has been promoted to head coach, and she coached all of these players last season when Coach Semrau took a leave of absence. Why the mass exodus?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

This is getting out of hand lol

True.

It's like free agency. So all I know is that Kim better be on the phone and going for the big fish.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well, the NCAA doing what they do best...creating an absolute mess. I might be pulling a "you kids get off my lawn," but I can feel my interest in the sport starting to wane w/ masses of players leaving many schools 2 years in a row now.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
With all the transfers being announced, it hits me that it is only a very small percentage of players I recognize as hot recruiting prospects out of HS - the ones from Oregon and ND for example. A lot of mid-level HS players that aren't that tempting for a really good program unless you are desperate for bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom