Trace Young | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Trace Young

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
We are barely even listed on half the recruiting sites for him. I would still take him... He looks smooth for his size and has nice hops. Regardless, this is probably not happening.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Holding on to three is okay, but only if Ollie, Kill, Ricky and Chill can get some talent for the 2018-2019 season. We will see how this summer goes and if they can pull in a couple of top 60 players? Then pull in a couple more top 100 types. We will see either way we should know more by November

Reaction Score
That's not pressure. That is more of a death sentence.

Eh, we took 8 guys in 2006, 7 guys in 2010, and 5 guys just last year (we wouldn't have to fill all 6-7). And what if Larrier and/or Adams don't leave and we take this guy? Then all of a sudden we only have 2-3 scholarships left and we have a lot of scholarships taken up by subpar talent (Whaley, Cobb, Young). If we're going to get back to UConn basketball we need to infuse this roster with more talent, not take more projects.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Funny.
People blamed the he'll out of Ollie because he left two scholarships open when we had the injuries last year. Now people are recommending we leave three open.

Again, a mediocre grad transfer uses no scholarship for 2018.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Funny.
People blamed the he'll out of Ollie because he left two scholarships open when we had the injuries last year. Now people are recommending we leave three open.

Again, a mediocre grad transfer uses no scholarship for 2018.
Exactly. Get the next R.J. – or even a lesser player than R.J.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Get the next R.J. – or even a lesser player than R.J.
Lesser player than RJ is a walk-on. No thank you! We need guys that can contribute and give at least RJ quality minutes. I do hope they are a better shooter and athlete than RJ though.

Reaction Score
Lesser player than RJ is a walk-on. No thank you! We need guys that can contribute and give at least RJ quality minutes. I do hope they are a better shooter and athlete than RJ though.

Yeah agree, loved the RJ quality kid with that leadership ability but his skill set is far from what we desire at this point I'm afraid.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
It would appear from first glance that this kid is a better shooter and athlete than RJ.

Reaction Score
Well at this point, if there's an injury, the minutes going to that lesser grad transfer would be going to an actual walk on so there's really no downside

Reaction Score
Well at this point, if there's an injury, the minutes going to that lesser grad transfer would be going to an actual walk on so there's really no downside
My point is we already have walkons that would be at the level of someone below RJ Evans skillwise. He was a pretty limited player for a grad transfer and lower than that would be just a walk-on level which we have already.

Reaction Score
Why is anyone comparing Trace Young to RJ Evans. Trace is an excellent athlete with serious hops and is 6-7 6-8 with a good looking shot with a quick release.

Trace Young is a body you can throw out on the court who doesn't hurt you offensively or defensively. He has serious upside. I would close on him and if Chillious is as good as his hype he should seal the deal with Young. We should be good to go with 11 scholarship players.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Why is anyone comparing Trace Young to RJ Evans. Trace is an excellent athlete with serious hops and is 6-7 6-8 with a good looking shot with a quick release.

Trace Young is a body you can throw out on the court who doesn't hurt you offensively or defensively. He has serious upside. I would close on him and if Chillious is as good as his hype he should seal the deal with Young. We should be good to go with 11 scholarship players.

I haven't read anything, but are we definitely recruiting this kid?

Reaction Score
We haven't officially offered yet just strong interest which at this point should be strong offer. According to Scout, Trace has an offer from West Virginia so add them as well as USC to the list of big schools recruiting him. This kid is such a smooth and fluid athlete. Watch this dunk.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"> <a href="https://post original url/9KClOAd8RH">pic.twitter.com/9KClOAd8RH</a></p>&mdash; Trace Young (@TraceYoung1) <a href="">September 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline