Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Tournament (Non-UConn) Thread - 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You finally see the reason.
Still can’t get there. To me, as a Braves/Steelers fan, it’s like rooting for the Phillies/Ravens. Not gonna happen for some money that gets spread out over 6 years across 11 teams. Decimal points.

Reaction Score
Not a game question but seriously ....anyone know why two top 5 players in the country are committed to Rutgers? Are they getting NIL partnerships with Sopranos Bada Bing and chicken market?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Not a game question but seriously ....anyone know why two top 5 players in the country are committed to Rutgers? Are they getting NIL partnerships with Sopranos Bada Bing and chicken market?

A lot of coaches have dialed back their high school recruiting in favor of the transfer portal, so it is not like getting 2 of the top 5 10 years ago.

Reaction Score
Unreal they gave a second foul to the James Madison guy right away. He got fouled by Filipowski twice there.
He’s gone over the back like half a dozen times with no call. I hate this school.

Reaction Score
Ok James Madison you either lay down and make sure this ends at 715 or you start getting serious now and beat Duke.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
one of the most boring tournament in recorded human history. oakland saved it from being the absolute worst

Tired Good Night GIF by Disney

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
That’s what I meant he’s a 4 playing 5 position. So the point I’m trying to make is if you go double bigs Clingan guards Edey obviously and Sampson would shadow getting into his passing lanes and cut off his vision. Offensively you have Clingan play the top of the key drawing Edey out of the paint and Johnson stays in paint for alley ooops.

Again not ideal but on the table. I’m not so hung ho on double bigs like others here but I’m no so quick with this new age think of double bigs not working.

You can do the same thing with Karaban. Unless the center foul are lopsided, Edey shouldn't be a major factor in the game even if he gets a double double on a lower shooting percentage. Our guards are way better. If Edey gets free reign against Johnson and Karaban with Clingan in foul trouble, that is where the problems would begin.

Reaction Score
Another mid-major playing down to their seed. The offense by Utah State in the last game was putrid... and the same from James Madison in this game. And then their defense quickly follows suit.

Maybe, just maybe... cover McCain at the 3-point line? MAYBE? WHATTAYA THINK????

Letting the guy go 5 for 5 from 3 and be open again and again is just a donkey poop job of playing defense. I thought they were a good defensive team after watching them Friday night against Wisconsin... but no, that was more about Wisconsin not being good than JMU being anything special.

Very disappointing.

Reaction Score
one of the most boring tournament in recorded human history. oakland saved it from being the absolute worst

Tired Good Night GIF by Disney
Especially all the Big 12 losses. I’ve lost count by now there have been so many

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Nice stroll in the lane by Filipowski on that last hoop. 3 blind mice reffing.

Reaction Score
That’s at least 2 calls where the refs waited to see if the shot went in before calling foul on Duke. What a joke

Reaction Score
If Duke played with defensive intensity, this wasn't going to be close.

Reaction Score
Have to give Duke credit - excellent game plan, and they are taking full advantage of their size and 3-point shooting ability. Meanwhile, James Madison has seen Plan A go out the window, and they obviously forgot to put together any sort of Plan B.

Another crap fest for the entire 2nd half looks like what we are in for. Horrifically bad on both ends of the court. JMU is just hoisting up shots and running iso offense which of course is not working against Duke. Even when they get to the free throw line they are only hitting one of two every time. And then on D they have breakdown after breakdown, leaving guys open time and time again, leading to open 3's, lay ups and dunks.

Frustrating to watch... particularly since CBS is forcing us to watch this game after the last one with no alternatives for either one. At least with the last game I could turn on the Pittsburgh Penguins - Colorado Avalanche 3rd period and overtime. WAY more entertaining then this dreck.

Give 'em the double barrel birds! Screw you and your crap scheduling CBS!!!

Reaction Score
That’s at least 2 calls where the refs waited to see if the shot went in before calling foul on Duke. What a joke
Sure, but Duke is simply out playing JMU. JMU is playing low basketball IQ sloppy ball. Duke is getting open shots while almost everything JMU is shooting is contested.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
JMU is getting a taste of the pressure that you must overcome to make the sweet 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom