Tough loss, but the effort leaves room for hope | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tough loss, but the effort leaves room for hope

Reaction Score
I have been very critical of Newsome. He was fabulous yesterday. He was used the way he should ave been used for th prior 3 years. What sticks out in my mind is his touchdown run. Great change of pace and ECU not thinking the ball was going to him.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
As tough as the lost yesterday was, we are definitely improving, especially on offense which is fun to watch. People can complain about Shirreffs all they want but he put them in a position to tie the game up at the end and the team never quite, despite being down 20 on three different occasions. While Shirreffs isn't perfect, with some missed throws, bad INTS etc, but he is far from our biggest problem. He is a solid QB in this conference running this offense. It looks like were gonna need to revert back to the old days of just out scoring teams like we did with Danny O. Still hopeful to get a few more wins this year. I don't know against who or where, but still remaining optimistic.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, BS isn't an NFL QB but anyone who thinks he is any part of the problem needs to watch more and talk less about FB.
Somewhat agree but there is a difference between not being able to thread the needle and missing wide open guys. I'm hoping that a part of that is our developing WR group (new faces) and not being the designated starter over the summer. More reps should allow him to improve his timing and delivery.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Somehow I missed it. If that's the case, my bad.

It definitely was. I watched a replay last night and in the final slo mo replay they made of that play, you could see Hergy get a bit grabbed and stumbled just a bit. You can't see when BS releases the ball but my guess is that it was done concurrently or prior to that stumble and it makes his throw look like a bad one when it should have been pretty on the money.

CL82

Reaction Score
I have been very critical of Newsome. He was fabulous yesterday. He was used the way he should ave been used for th prior 3 years. What sticks out in my mind is his touchdown run. Great change of pace and ECU not thinking the ball was going to him.
Agree. Arkeel just isn't a between the tackle back, but hit him and space and he can be a play maker, as we saw yesterday.

Reaction Score
no it never even hit his hands. it looked like that from the sideline but then they showed the angle from behind the QB and skanes was completely surrounded. it was an RPO and he should have handed the ball off

College quarterbacks are not supposed to be perfect and make every play and throw. When our defense can't stop anyone the fact that anyone has anything negative to say about BS is utterly astounding.

CL82

Reaction Score
College quarterbacks are not supposed to be perfect and make every play and throw. When our defense can't stop anyone the fact that anyone has anything negative to say about BS is utterly astounding.
Hey why no view from 241 anymore? Have I just missed them?

(BTW -Disagree that our horrific defense means that you can't question the offense, but yeah, Bryant is way, way down on the list of things for UConn fans to complain about.)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
(BTW -Disagree that our horrific defense means that you can't question the offense, but yeah, Bryant is way, way down on the list of things for UConn fans to complain about.)

Just wish he was a tad more accurate, especially on the short ones. Look what happened on that late swing pass when he hit Newsome perfectly in stride, a beautiful play.

Reaction Score
Was just clarifying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom