Tough loss, but the effort leaves room for hope | The Boneyard

Tough loss, but the effort leaves room for hope

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Geez, that's tough way to lose. Gotta be some walk-on from Hand or something we can trot out there to make a 33 yard FG.

Defense - Ido not like the zone in the secondary that allows teams to pick us apart. Every offense in this league thrives on doing just that. We did seem to improve scheme throughout the game to improve the pass rush. Defense grew some balls when they had their backs to the wall. These were traits that old Edsall teams had. Really glad to see that back. Time and recruiting will tell if the scheme allows us to dominate that side of the ball.

Offense - Finally we saw the full Rhett Lashlee offense. It was wonderful. Mis-direction, HUNH, strong running and passing game. Intermediate passes and deep balls. The OLine is still not very good, but this is an offense that will score a ton when we get some better guys in.

Overall, we are in 1000% better shape right this moment under the current regime than we were at any point in The Fiasco.

Reaction Score
Geez, that's tough way to lose. Gotta be some walk-on from Hand or something we can trot out there to make a 33 yard FG.

Defense - Ido not like the zone in the secondary that allows teams to pick us apart. Every offense in this league thrives on doing just that. We did seem to improve scheme throughout the game to improve the pass rush. Defense grew some balls when they had their backs to the wall. These were traits that old Edsall teams had. Really glad to see that back. Time and recruiting will tell if the scheme allows us to dominate that side of the ball.

Offense - Finally we saw the full Rhett Lashlee offense. It was wonderful. Mis-direction, HUNH, strong running and passing game. Intermediate passes and deep balls. The OLine is still not very good, but this is an offense that will score a ton when we get some better guys in.

Overall, we are in 1000% better shape right this moment under the current regime than we were at any point in The Fiasco.
What is HUNH?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Offense is fine. Been a while since us fans can say that.

From the coaching side on offense they use the same RB right after big gains. Get fresh legs in there.

Some issues with low snaps. That can be cleaned up.

Shirreffs still has issues in the 10-15 yard range especially gong up the sideline. He does real well on crossing patterns and screens.

Coaker has some real issues on D. The DB's will be skewered especially Bell. Linebackers have to learn how to blitz. I guess three years of inactivity has them rusty.

Losing 41-38 is much more entertaining than losing 9-7.

Reaction Score
Offense is fine. Been a while since us fans can say that.

From the coaching side on offense they use the same RB right after big gains. Get fresh legs in there.

Some issues with low snaps. That can be cleaned up.

Shirreffs still has issues in the 10-15 yard range especially gong up the sideline. He does real well on crossing patterns and screens.

Coaker has some real issues on D. The DB's will be skewered especially Bell. Linebackers have to learn how to blitz. I guess three years of inactivity has them rusty.

Losing 41-38 is much more entertaining than losing 9-7.
Beavers went in there on a blitz for a 3rd down stop and got in there so much faster than anyone else. we are just so slow

I also hope Bell is relegated to backup duty the rest of the year. the defense improved a lot when he got benched

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Beavers went in there on a blitz for a 3rd down stop and got in there so much faster than anyone else. we are just so slow

I also hope Bell is relegated to backup duty the rest of the year. the defense improved a lot when he got benched

Yeah Beavers speed jumps out at you

Reaction Score
Guys- painful loss but you got to keep the faith. Remarkably better O. OLine is coming along. Nice stable of backs and receivers. This is what great coaches do. I don't think Edsall will allow Crocker's abortion to fester for long. I think we might win a few if Edsall can get control of the D

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If Shirreffs just learned to put a little air under his deep ball rather than try and throw lasers all the time we could average 40 ppg easy.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Proud of the way that the fellas fought back today.

To those that thought the offense was still a problem this year; it's not. What a difference coaching makes. Night and day.

To those that thought Shirreffs stinks; he doesn't. What a difference coaching makes.

To those faithful 14,000 that were hanging tough in the stadium and, in the fourth quarter, making more noise than 14,000 people should be expected to make; thank you. What a difference coaching makes.

Tough loss, but....Pride. Heart. UConn.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
No, the offense showed something today which is something we haven't seen in a few years. Now it was ECU defense but it still was good to see the ability to score points.
The defense, on the other hand, was terrible for three-quarters "especially for the first half", but it did show a little spark late.

Reaction Score
I think Edsall should have called an immediate time out when they were stopped along the sideline with about 15 seconds left.Take one shot in the end zone and then kick it to try and tie the score.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hope thus
I think Edsall should have called an immediate time out when they were stopped along the sideline with about 15 seconds left.Take one shot in the end zone and then kick it to try and tie the score.
I think maybe they were confused and thought the receiver got out of bounds? Ref signaled to keep the clock rolling right away though so Idk. At least take one shot at the end zone at home in that situation!

Reaction Score

To those that thought the offense was still a problem this year; it's not. What a difference coaching makes. Night and day.

To those that thought Shirreffs stinks; he doesn't. What a difference coaching makes.

To those faithful 14,000 that were hanging tough in the stadium and, in the fourth quarter, making more noise than 14,000 people should be expected to make; thank you. What a difference coaching makes.

Shirreff's has no touch on the ball. Over throwing open receivers all day that could have been big plays.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Yeah, BS isn't an NFL QB but anyone who thinks he is any part of the problem needs to watch more and talk less about FB.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I hope the D takes this as confidence builder moving forward. Played great on ECUs final drives. O obviously played okay putting up 38

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Shirreff's has no touch on the ball. Over throwing open receivers all day that could have been big plays.

So he's not Brady. Okay.

Now, I'm gonna give you a homework assignment. Go look up his numbers on the day. And then look up the last time we scored 38 points. And then tell me if that QB had the ball for 13 minutes less than his opponent. I'll wait...

Reaction Score
So he's not Brady. Okay.

Now, I'm gonna give you a homework assignment. Go look up his numbers on the day. And then look up the last time we scored 38 points. And then tell me if that QB had the ball for 13 minutes less than his opponent. I'll wait...
Okay. Not saying he had a bad game, but when it comes to making that big play, which only comes about once a game, he over shoots his receivers by 6 yards. ECU didn't have any problem throwing two long bombs that were perfectly thrown for 2 td's now did they !

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom