Tough loss, but the effort leaves room for hope | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tough loss, but the effort leaves room for hope

Reaction Score
No one should complain about Sherriff. He remains what he has been the whole time. You want something different, you need another guy.

Great kid. Mature. Has represented the program very well. He makes one read and if that isn't open he runs. He isn't accurate down the field. He doesn't put air under the ball. He misses big opportunities. He throws bad INTs. He is tough. He's a good leader. He a good runner. He is probably in the bottom three QBs of the conference.

That's should be good enough to win a few games. But it will take Nintendo Tom Brady to win more than a few with this defense.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Okay. Not saying he had a bad game, but when it comes to making that big play, which only comes about once a game, he over shoots his receivers by 6 yards. ECU didn't have any problem throwing two long bombs that were perfectly thrown for 2 td's now did they !

I've done your homework assignment for you so that you can get some perspective, because you're clearly lacking it.

1) Shirreffs today:

24 for 39, 406 yards, 3 TDs 1 INT. QB rating = 169. Averaged 10 yards per completion.

2) Last time a QB had 38 points for UConn:

October 10th, 2015. UConn 40 - UCF 13. QB was Bryant Shirreffs. He had the ball for much longer than the opponent, though, with 38 minutes to do it...

Reaction Score
Uconn lost to one of the worst teams in college football. Now, UConn is one of the worse teams in college football. UConn was favored to win this game, so there is no moral victory here.

Reaction Score
So he's not Brady. Okay.

Now, I'm gonna give you a homework assignment. Go look up his numbers on the day. And then look up the last time we scored 38 points. And then tell me if that QB had the ball for 13 minutes less than his opponent. I'll wait...

I can't believe with all of the defensive problems we are having right now people are STILL complaining about offense.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Geez, that's tough way to lose. Gotta be some walk-on from Hand or something we can trot out there to make a 33 yard FG.

Defense - Ido not like the zone in the secondary that allows teams to pick us apart. Every offense in this league thrives on doing just that. We did seem to improve scheme throughout the game to improve the pass rush. Defense grew some balls when they had their backs to the wall. These were traits that old Edsall teams had. Really glad to see that back. Time and recruiting will tell if the scheme allows us to dominate that side of the ball.

Offense - Finally we saw the full Rhett Lashlee offense. It was wonderful. Mis-direction, HUNH, strong running and passing game. Intermediate passes and deep balls. The OLine is still not very good, but this is an offense that will score a ton when we get some better guys in.

Overall, we are in 1000% better shape right this moment under the current regime than we were at any point in The Fiasco.
Agree with everything you said.....we must be patient. As hard as that can be at times.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Okay. Not saying he had a bad game, but when it comes to making that big play, which only comes about once a game, he over shoots his receivers by 6 yards. ECU didn't have any problem throwing two long bombs that were perfectly thrown for 2 td's now did they !
I agree on his long ball accuracy, needs to stay in the range of 10-15 yards. However, Malala was held on that play, and the ref missed it.

Reaction Score
I've done your homework assignment for you so that you can get some perspective, because you're clearly lacking it.

1) Shirreffs today:

24 for 39, 406 yards, 3 TDs 1 INT. QB rating = 169. Averaged 10 yards per completion.

2) Last time a QB had 38 points for UConn:

October 10th, 2015. UConn 40 - UCF 13. QB was Bryant Shirreffs. He had the ball for much longer than the opponent, though, with 38 minutes to do it...
I'm not lacking anything.He could of had 481 yards passing with 4 TDs, if he didn't over throw Mayala for a TD.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I'm not lacking anything.He could of had 481 yards passing with 4 TDs, if he didn't over throw Mayala for a TD.
That may have been the right throw. You did see the grab of Mayala when the DB fell down.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I can't believe with all of the defensive problems we are having right now people are STILL complaining about offense.

It takes the bitchin machine a little while to reprogram a new conventional wisdom protocol. I give it until about the 3rd Q vs SMU before we reach full deployment.

Reaction Score
No one should complain about Sherriff. He remains what he has been the whole time. You want something different, you need another guy.

Great kid. Mature. Has represented the program very well. He makes one read and if that isn't open he runs. He isn't accurate down the field. He doesn't put air under the ball. He misses big opportunities. He throws bad INTs. He is tough. He's a good leader. He a good runner. He is probably in the bottom three QBs of the conference.

That's should be good enough to win a few games. But it will take Nintendo Tom Brady to win more than a few with this defense.

Your assesment couldn't be more wrong.

By the way, did you know the gameplan vs UVA was for him to basically run at will due to the style of defense UVA ran?

SubbaBub

Reaction Score

Hold it right there. That play happened right in front of me. Mayala stopped running his route the minute the defender touched him. Maybe a PI call was in order or maybe not but, the incompletion was all on Mayala because he stopped running.

Perhaps you'd like the talk about the 3 balls that hit the receiver in the chest, one of witch resulted in an INT that resulted in a TD drive. A TD that put the game out of reach.

Reaction Score
Hold it right there. That play happened right in front of me. Mayala stopped running his route the minute the defender touched him. Maybe a PI call was in order or maybe not but, the incompletion was all on Mayala because he stopped running.

Perhaps you'd like the talk about the 3 balls that hit the receiver in the chest, one of witch resulted in an INT that resulted in a TD drive. A TD that put the game out of reach.
the interception hit a defender. skanes was smothered

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
the interception hit a defender. skanes was smothered

I'm pretty sure he juggled it right into the hands of the DB.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure he juggled it right into the hands of the DB.
no it never even hit his hands. it looked like that from the sideline but then they showed the angle from behind the QB and skanes was completely surrounded. it was an RPO and he should have handed the ball off

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Forget the details of this or that mistake. This team did not quit. That in itself is a sign of tremendous improvement.

If they quit in game 3 then they should be kicked off campus. They definitely are playing these games to the end as the scores indicate. These were the 3 most winnable games IMO. With the possible exception of Temple who is also bad. Check back once if this streak reaches 5 and see. They absolutely quit on Diaco last season. Let's hope that was an allergy to his crazy.

Reaction Score
Uconn lost to one of the worst teams in college football. Now, UConn is one of the worse teams in college football. UConn was favored to win this game, so there is no moral victory here.

They were a 5 point underdog. I took UCONN and the 5. Winner winner chicken dinner!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Your response guarantees that you're lacking a lot...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom