Top Ten All-Americans | The Boneyard

Top Ten All-Americans

Reaction Score
If I'm looking at a/a's now - I see 9 that should be-- don't know the tenth. Not in order:

Plum
Collier
Gabby
Lou
Wilson
AJones (Baylor)
BJones (Md)
Mitchell
Turner

I think UCONN deserves 3- we have the number 1 schedule and beat all comers. It's not like one player was a giant - or the main go-to or was dominant nearly all the time.

Don't know the 10th but will be disappointed if all 3 don't get in the top ten.

Reaction Score
List looks pretty good - I made a list of potential players for the AA Team and these were all on it. A few others could challenge such as Makayla Epps (UK), Jordin Canada (UCLA), Sydney Weise (Oregon State), Becca Greenwell or Lexie Brown (Duke). What about Brooke McCarty from Texas? I know her stats wouldn't match many of the likely picks, but from the eye test and how Texas has had a big turnaround this season, you can easily see she's the backbone of that team. Just a thought.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
The center Brown from Baylor is top ten, makes my top five. She is a handful on the post.

In fact, my top five would be Brown, Jones, Collier, Plum and Mitchell. Oddly, if these five ever played together, the three bigs may never get a touch.

Reaction Score
Good list. I would think that Victoria Vivians is also a strong contender.

Collier's a lock, in my opinion. If UConn ends up with only two, I'd consider it a tossup between Lou and Gabby at this point. Hope we get all three!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If I'm looking at a/a's now - I see 9 that should be-- don't know the tenth. Not in order:

Plum
Collier
Gabby
Lou
Wilson
AJones (Baylor)
BJones (Md)
Mitchell
Turner

I think UCONN deserves 3- we have the number 1 schedule and beat all comers. It's not like one player was a giant - or the main go-to or was dominant nearly all the time.

I would take Turner off and add Walker from Maryland. I just think Turner is an AA.

Reaction Score
The center Brown from Baylor is top ten, makes my top five. She is a handful on the post.

In fact, my top five would be Brown, Jones, Collier, Plum and Mitchell. Oddly, if these five ever played together, the three bigs may never get a touch.
Hard to argue with that 5 !

Reaction Score

Plum
Collier
Gabby
Lou
Wilson
AJones (Baylor)
BJones (Md)
Mitchell
Turner

IMHO there is no way that UConn gets 3 All Americans this year. Not because they are undeserving, because they are, but because Collier and Samuelson are underclassmen. Seniors, being their last year, also tend to get preferential treatment on these lists.

Reaction Score
Just my opinion: strictly from the UCONN angle - because of the impact they bring in rebounds, blocks, assists, scoring, and their game to game consistency, Gabby and Pheesea are (interchangeably) #'s 1 and 2. Lou would be #3

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Osahor.
Leads nation in rebounds
leads nation in double doubles

You beat me to this. Osahor over Turner by a long country mile.

Alexis Peterson and Tori Jankoska also deserve strong consideration.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Kalani Brown is one of the best players in the nation. There is not a post player that I would put on any list ahead of her. Brown is averaging 15 points, 8.3 rebounds and almost 2 blocks a game...in only 20 minutes per game. We saw what she can do if she gets to play 35 minutes per game.

Reaction Score
IMHO there is no way that UConn gets 3 All Americans this year. Not because they are undeserving, because they are, but because Collier and Samuelson are underclassmen. Seniors, being their last year, also tend to get preferential treatment on these lists.

Good point. The AA lists are not based solely on merit. UConn "deserves" to have three of the ten as All-Americans. But probably won't. But that simply reduces the credibility of the process.

Reaction Score

Plum
Collier
Gabby
Lou
Wilson
AJones (Baylor)
BJones (Md)
Mitchell
Turner

My list:

Collier
Samuelson
Gabby

Plum
Kaolin Brown
A'Ja Wilson
Walker-Kimbrough
Vivians
Joyner Holmes
Kelsey Mitchell

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
You beat me to this. Osahor over Turner by a long country mile.

Alexis Peterson and Tori Jankoska also deserve strong consideration.

Osahor also averages 15.6 ppg and 4.1 assists per game.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Any AA list that includes Osahor over Kalani Brown ain't my kind of list. Realistically, this committee isn't going to include 3 from UConn. If not last year then not any year. There is a very real and very disturbing possibility that Pheesa (Pheesa!) won't make the list.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I don't think Osahor is an AA. Not mobile. And her team loses most of their big games. Not in that category.

Not many players get in her way when she goes high post to the hoop.
Compare her overall stats to all others, she is a fit..........IMO.

Reaction Score
Agree. Would add that it would be difficult for voters to fully understand the value of the top 3 UConn players. One game Lou hits 28, next game Gabby has triple double, then Collier has 26 points and 14 rebounds. Unless you are a member of the Boneyard and watch most of the games, most voters would only see a few games and the star(s) of that game. As long as they all play well in the NCAA's, I am just thankful they are at UConn and their results warrant this discussion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom