Top prospects for 2021....ESPN | The Boneyard

Top prospects for 2021....ESPN

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So Ducharme is their #5 top prospect, but they have her rated as #37 on their list?

So in updating the espnW 100 for the Class of 2021, our staff pored through hours of film and talked with coaches to re-rank the top high school seniors in the country. Here are the top five seniors and five other prospects whose stocks rose over the past few months.

I get that with the pandemic, there is precious little to go off in comparing recruits, but that's an insane leap - am I reading it right? IF they were to update their rankings, Caroline would jump from #37 to #5??

Per ESPN their top 5:
  1. Azzi Fudd
  2. Raven Johnson
  3. Saniya Rivers
  4. Sania Feagan
  5. Caroline Ducharme
Not sure I'm reading the entire article right, but #37 to #5? WOW...

Reaction Score
So Ducharme is their #5 top prospect, but they have her rated as #37 on their list?

So in updating the espnW 100 for the Class of 2021, our staff pored through hours of film and talked with coaches to re-rank the top high school seniors in the country. Here are the top five seniors and five other prospects whose stocks rose over the past few months.

I get that with the pandemic, there is precious little to go off in comparing recruits, but that's an insane leap - am I reading it right? IF they were to update their rankings, Caroline would jump from #37 to #5??

Per ESPN their top 5:
  1. Azzi Fudd
  2. Raven Johnson
  3. Saniya Rivers
  4. Sania Feagan
  5. Caroline Ducharme
Yes. The new list has been updated but the old one is still on the ESPN site. Olson does not do the rankings any more and it is obvious the new evaluators have a different opinion of the recruits coming in.

Reaction Score
wow.... looks like the Gamecocks are going to be loaded! Nice to see Ducharme getting a big boost... we all knew she was way under rated. I hope they still think DeBarry is top 10.... I clicked on the top 100 list on the site, but it hasn't been updated yet.... even though they clearly have updated the rankings somewhere....

Reaction Score

Per ESPN their top 5:
  1. Azzi Fudd
  2. Raven Johnson
  3. Saniya Rivers
  4. Sania Feagan
  5. Caroline Ducharme
Rerank? Our staff? They don’t have a staff. They didn’t rerank anybody. All they did was substitute one site’s rankings (Premier’s) for another’s(Olson’s). Different gurus/ different opinions.

Reaction Score
wow.... looks like the Gamecocks are going to be loaded! Nice to see Ducharme getting a big boost... we all knew she was way under rated. I hope they still think DeBarry is top 10.... I clicked on the top 100 list on the site, but it hasn't been updated yet.... even though they clearly have updated the rankings somewhere....

Four commits all in the Top 14. Who did we pay for these rankings? Raven jumped from like 24-ish to number Two!

Reaction Score
Rerank? Our staff? They don’t have a staff. They didn’t rerank anybody. All they did was substitute one site’s rankings (Premier’s) for another’s(Olson’s). Different gurus/ different opinions.

Well, this ranking does follow a (shortned) Summer of AAU competition, so re-ranking was probably in order anyway. But, yeah, you have a good point about it being different gur's/opinions.

You can bet we're gonna' "crow about it" though. It's what we do! ;)

Reaction Score
New rankings have DeBerry down to 15 and Proffenberger at 30. (and if you didn't read the earlier posts in this thread, Ducharme is up to #5

Reaction Score
Note:

Top 15 are 5 stars.

17-34 are 4.5 stars

35-100 are 4 stars.

I like this better than Hoopgurlz 50+ five stars. Seems more well thought out

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well, this ranking does follow a (shortned) Summer of AAU competition, so re-ranking was probably in order anyway. But, yeah, you have a good point about it being different gur's/opinions.

You can bet we're gonna' "crow about it" though. It's what we do! ;)

Since Joelette Law joined your staff in June 2017, the Gamecocks have been pulling in their fair share of the top ranked recruits. Staley has built a nationally recognized program that has earned "elite" top 5 status. Your Gamecocks now sit at the table of the D1 's royalty in WCBB. I don't think they'll be going away anytime soon.
The last 3 recruiting classes Law has pulled in are very impressive. I expect SC to be mentioned in any conversation regarding national championship contenders in the foreseeable future.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The last 3 recruiting classes Law has pulled in are very impressive. I expect SC to be mentioned in any conversation regarding national championship contenders in the foreseeable future.

2 of 3. 2020 class has one player.

Reaction Score
Excellent post by CocoHuskey about evaluators in the September UConn recruiting thread.

Red flag about players paying $900 to be "evaluated." Also, the evaluators are tied in with a tournament that Raven and Caroline competed in last month. I'm pretty certain their performance in that tounament had something big to do with their big "jumps" in the rankings

Reaction Score
Four commits all in the Top 14. Who did we pay for these rankings? Raven jumped from like 24-ish to number Two!
Raven was ranked around 13 in the old ranking. Hall was ranked about 26.

Reaction Score
Excellent post by CocoHuskey about evaluators in the September UConn recruiting thread.

Red flag about players paying $900 to be "evaluated." Also, the evaluators are tied in with a tournament that Raven and Caroline competed in last month. I'm pretty certain their performance in that tounament had something big to do with their big "jumps" in the rankings
Raven was in few tournaments during the summer where she was exceptional in. Another recruiting site also said she would move from the #2 point guard to #1.

Reaction Score
She's almost there now! Movin on up like the Jeffersons.
Very amusing. These guys will be much more interesting than watching dust collect on ESPN's earlier rankings.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Since Joelette Law joined your staff in June 2017 South Carolina won the national championship in April 2017, and Dawn Staley was named USA Basketball Senior National Team Head Coach in March 2017, the Gamecocks have been pulling in their fair share of the top ranked recruits. Staley has built a nationally recognized program that has earned "elite" top 5 status. Your Gamecocks now sit at the table of the D1 's royalty in WCBB. I don't think they'll be going away anytime soon.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Saylor dropped down to #73. Deberry down to #25. ANY list that has Saylor rated like that is completely suspect IMHO. Did she not pay enough $ to get rated higher??!!

1599589804307.png

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Saylor up to #70 now. Iriafen at #38. I think they are currently updating this list in real time as we speak. I'll hold off until they are done - maybe tomorrow. Regardless, nice seeing they are making the effort. Gives us something to bitch about LOL... :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom