Top 3 Uconic moments in Uconn history | The Boneyard

Top 3 Uconic moments in Uconn history

Reaction Score
1) 99 win - over the unbeatable Duke Blue Devils, our first NC

2) 30-0 run versus the cocky Illini - established our dominance on the way to 12 double digit wins tourney play

3) Tate George shot - I thought we were all but dead, one of the early moments that got the brand going

Honorable mention - Kemba step back in BE tourney

Agree, disagree?

Reaction Score

2) 30-0 run versus the cocky Illini - established our dominance on the way to 12 double digit wins tourney play

3) Tate George shot - I thought we were all but dead, one of the early moments that got the brand going

Agree, disagree?
Honorable mentions—Ray Allen’s off balance runner to put the Huskies up for good vs Georgetown in the ‘96 Big East tourney championship game; Rip Hamilton’s game winning follow up shot to beat Washington in the ‘98 Sweet 16.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
1) 99, you never forget that first time

I like the OP's other two choices as well

How about Ray Ray over AI in the BET Championship game

Or the week we beat both Cuse & Gtown in 1990.

How about the whole darn dream season

Every championship run is iconic

How about Stewie winning 4 titles

Sorry, I can't follow instructions very well.

How about " it's doable"

Not enough time in the day

Reaction Score
I wasn't a fan until 2001 when I stepped foot on campus (not from CT so never watched them before), so I'll go with the top 3 moments for me personally since I became a fan...

1 - 2004 title as a student, burning our couches at carriage house lol
2 - Kemba step-back (I was at MSG for that entire run)
3 - 6 OT game vs Cuse, I was there with my brother until 1am and even though we lost I always say that was one of the best sporting events I've ever been to in my life.

Reaction Score
1) Tate George's shot for me is number one- The reason is because Calhoun even talked about how though they lost to Duke the next time out, they couldn't be dismissed as a one season wonder. He have even said that they might not get Yell and that class the came in and later Ray and the rest and eventually RIP, Khalid and others if George doesn't hit that shot.

2) 99 final moments and Khalid's shrieking we shocked the world and just before that Moore's look like you went after the wrong guy.

3) This is really tough. I could be convinced by Ray vs G-Town, Kemba's stepback dagger, Hawk's big 3 to seal the '23 championship, Okafor's putback against Duke, Hurley's "You better get us now" speech, RIP vs Washington...

Reaction Score
The 30-0 run maybe a series of moments, but unprecedented and will be looked back as one of the most dominant team displays in tourney history, if not the most. Many came in thinking Illinois could actually win that game. I was also there, so for me I can’t recall a stretch of UConn hoops that felt as satisfying. The roof of the Garden felt like it was going to blow off. And Larry David was there!

Reaction Score
1) Tate George's shot for me is number one- The reason is because Calhoun even talked about how though they lost to Duke the next time out, they couldn't be dismissed as a one season wonder. He have even said that they might not get Yell and that class the came in and later Ray and the rest and eventually RIP, Khalid and others if George doesn't hit that shot.

2) 99 final moments and Khalid's shrieking we shocked the world and just before that Moore's look like you went after the wrong guy.

3) This is really tough. I could be convinced by Ray vs G-Town, Kemba's stepback dagger, Hawk's big 3 to seal the '23 championship, Okafor's putback against Duke, Hurley's "You better get us now" speech, RIP vs Washington...
If this year ends in a 3peat I would move Hurley's interview and quote to 1b slightly behind 99.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
89-90 BET title
98-99 championship
23-24 back to back titles
team success before individual

Reaction Score

Agree, disagree?
Add in Ray's winner vs. Georgetown and I think you've got the top 5 nailed.

Reaction Score
I was at the the Both the Cuse and Georgetown game in 1989-90
i saw the shot on television , we blew a big lead and it saved us embarrassment
Kemba‘s run was the power of an individual
2014 when we were written off as irrelevant.
Plus dozens of other great memories

But nothing compares to the 1999 NC
there is something almost other worldly in that game .
The wounds of 1990 were still not healed
They were the greatest BB team ever and a huge favorite over a team in reality just as accomplished . We were dismissed as an opponent on their quest for destiny.
A game so iconic that all you have to do is say 77-74 and that moment comes alive in the minds of those who lived it who can recall where they were exactly as the Alaskan Assassin traveled

Reaction Score
Coaches Edition

1. Not A Dime Back
2. You Better Get Us Now
3. We're going to take the stairs and not the escalator.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Just moments, for me, it’s:

‘99 final minute, I could narrow it to multiple plays. The El-Amin hesi floater and FTs are very underrated.
‘04 8-0 run vs. Duke
‘96 Ray miracle shot vs. GTown
‘11 Kemba step back
‘14 Shabazz postgame speech

I dno how to order these. I also don’t know how to fit in ‘23-24 and ‘23 is the weirdest year ever because there’s not many memorable MOMENTS to me, just consistent greatness.

Maybe the Gonzaga/Timme beat down or the 30-0 run, if you can broaden it to a full time half of ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom