Top 3 Things You Want To See Sunday At South Carolina | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Sunday At South Carolina

Reaction Score
Playing the #1 undefeated team in the country away can be viewed as either a daunting task or an opportunity or both. I think it is both but that the emphasis should be on the opportunity presented. A win would have seismic effects but even a competetitive game will go a long way in the confidence ledger and perhaps in the seedings chart. So, having said that, here are my top 3 things:

1) Paige to fight through the pushing, hand checking and holding that will take place and to shoot more than 20 times.

2) Liyah to stay out of foul trouble and not force the drives.

3) Nika to rise up and have a Nova not ND type of game.

Yes, it's about the Seniors to lead the frosh in a game like this but the frosh can contribute mightily by playing smart with limited turnovers.

Reaction Score
1) Limit 2nd chances for SC by rebounding well
2) Q and Ice need to play well- need the height
3) Avoid fouls and survive SC’s 4th quarter

Reaction Score
This game isn't one they need to do well in. It is a bad match up against a great team at their gym.

1. Play hard on defense
2. Lean on your top players and don't expect much from the Freshmen
3. Coach like you want to win, not just keep it close

Reaction Score
Been dreading this game. SC has so many weapons and they don't shy away from the physical stuff either.

1. No injuries.
2. No injuries
3. No injuries.

UConn simply cannot afford to lose another player. I know Paige has put on muscle & is stronger than previous seasons but she's still pretty slender. I worry about her the most & have heart failure every time she ends up on the floor.

Reaction Score
Been dreading this game. SC has so many weapons and they don't shy away from the physical stuff either.

1. No injuries.
2. No injuries
3. No injuries.

UConn simply cannot afford to lose another player. I know Paige has put on muscle & is stronger than previous seasons but she's still pretty slender. I worry about her the most & have heart failure every time she ends up on the floor.
Joining you here my friend! No injuries! Prayer.

Reaction Score

1. No injuries.
2. No injuries
3. No injuries.

1. Rebounds
2. Rebounds
3. Limit their entry pass, especially to the low post

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Cardoso will not be playing. She is playing with Brazilian National team for Olympic qualifiers. How does this affect the game?

Reaction Score
1. Rebounding
2. No Foul Trouble
3. Stopping SC Guards from Penetrating (like ND did)

Reaction Score
1) Limit 2nd chances for SC by rebounding well
2) Q and Ice need to play well- need the height
3) Avoid fouls and survive SC’s 4th quarter
We need to hit shots right after tip off, and if from there SC try’s to play rough then Geno needs to start riding the refs, T or no T.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
1. KK to stop driving to the basket with 3 defenders in her way
2. more passes to Ash when she is open
3. Paige and AE with at least 25 points
Above all else 9 healthy Huskies at end of game

Reaction Score
1. A win
2. Paige with a breakout game - > 35 points
3. At least 3 fouls on Amari

Reaction Score
1.. A close loss ..
2… Show some toughness and grit
3… Please make bunnies and free throws

Reaction Score
Like most have said, no injuries. Try and make it as respectable as they can. It should be a little bit better with CC playing for SC, but it's going to be a rought game for UConn. It really isn't close.

Reaction Score
1. A win
2. Paige with a breakout game - > 35 points
3. At least 3 fouls on Amari
Three fouls on Amari is not a bad tactic - if she is fouling Ashlynn Watkins who is a horrible shooter from the free throw line. Also, Ashlyn can get frustrated and commit some fouls herself in response. Our defense would suffer if Ashlyn is sitting on the bench. Of course, Dawn could respond by putting Sakimma Walker in everytime she sees Amari on the court. That would be a tall clash of inefficiency.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If Amari is put in the game, and it isn't due to someone's foul trouble, that she plays the part that the coaches are expecting. This might include staying out of foul trouble, even though I believe 99% of the refs expect her to foul and treat her that way just like they do with ICE.
Also no head scratcher TOs. And finally, double digit scoring, rebounds or blocks.
I think putting Amari into the SH "early" is behind my thoughts.
Let the floodgates open.

Reaction Score
1. Rebounding
2. No Foul Trouble
3. Stopping SC Guards from Penetrating (like ND did)
I must have missed that, did ND stop SC guards from anything, let alone penetrating?

Reaction Score

1. No injuries.
2. No injuries
3. No injuries.

I agree with you 100 percent!!!

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
1. No foul trouble for the starters
2. No injuries
3. Paige and Edwards taking over offensively while the rest of the team has balanced scoring.
4. The continued defensive prowess
5. Either a win or a respectable loss

Reaction Score
Freshmen to not let the bright lights effect their game
Not allow South Carolina to go on one too many runs
Limit the open threes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads