Top 3 Things You Want To See Sunday At South Carolina | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Sunday At South Carolina

Reaction Score
1. Control the boards (no Cardoso so hopefully possible)
2. AE not get cheap fouls. we need her on the court for at least 35 min. to have a chance.
3. Paige with a POY performance.
4. Our freshmen to not be intimidated by the hostile environment against the number 1 team

Reaction Score
You want Amari to play for more than 2 minutes ?
Not if she can get 3 fouls in less than 2 minutes. I want to see her carry out those instructions. I want to see her "mix it up" with opponents a little. I want to see fire flare out of her nostrils. Getting some fouls might help.

Reaction Score
Not if she can get 3 fouls in less than 2 minutes. I want to see her carry out those instructions. I want to see her "mix it up" with opponents a little. I want to see fire flare out of her nostrils. Getting some fouls might help.
On defense, Amari would be good to think that it is an injustice if someone scores against her. On Offense, I'd love to see her initiate contact, push through, score, and then sink the FT...

Reaction Score
1 40 pc three point effort
2 no more than 8/10 loose balls
3 Nika and Aaliyiah no foul trouble

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Poise
Confidence
Everybody scores

Reaction Score
If Amari is put in the game, and it isn't due to someone's foul trouble, that she plays the part that the coaches are expecting. This might include staying out of foul trouble, even though I believe 99% of the refs expect her to foul and treat her that way just like they do with ICE.
Also no head scratcher TOs. And finally, double digit scoring, rebounds or blocks.
I think putting Amari into the SH "early" is behind my thoughts.
Let the floodgates open.
Putting Amari in this game without helping her prepare earlier in the season would be coaching malpractice. I think Amari could be the missing link for this team but if Geno is nothing else he is bull headed once he makes a decision.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
With Cardoso out, I think we have a chance.

1. Shoot brilliantly.

2. Hold our own on the boards.

3. Win the turnover battle.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
1. Nika and KK keep PaoPao and Raven uncomfortable. Without fouling.
2. Paige and Aaliyah find ways to score against Kitts/Feagin/Watkins
3. I'm not concerned with win/lose as long as UConn plays up to its strengths and abilities.

Reaction Score
Cardoso will not be playing. She is playing with Brazilian National team for Olympic qualifiers. How does this affect the game?
Almost not at all. South Carolina is deep at every position. They have year on year had the " top recruiting class" in the nation. Their bench players are better than some of UCONN's starters. SC wont even notice that Cardozo is gone. And that is because their other athletes are so good. If this is still a game in the fourth period, I'll be pleased.

Reaction Score
2. AE not get cheap fouls. we need her on the court for at least 35 min. to have a chance.
4. Our freshmen to not be intimidated by the hostile environment against the number 1 team
We won't be able to control the boards. They have back-up BIGS who are great players. Our only hope is to hit 99% from the arc.

Reaction Score
I must have missed that, did ND stop SC guards from anything, let alone penetrating?
It was written ambiguously. I believe the poster meant to say “ stop SC guards from penetrating the way ND guards penetrated against UConn.”

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just 2

Play better than we have the last few games. (things aren't clicking very well offensively recently)
Be competitive

Reaction Score
Almost not at all. South Carolina is deep at every position. They have year on year had the " top recruiting class" in the nation. Their bench players are better than some of UCONN's starters. SC wont even notice that Cardozo is gone. And that is because their other athletes are so good. If this is still a game in the fourth period, I'll be pleased.
I’m not taking the bait. Most UCONN fans are over doing it here and playing possum. This should be a tight game, similar to when S.C. has played other good teams like Utah, LSU and NC. This one will be a home game unlike those other three, but Cardoso being out is a way bigger loss than everyone is admitting.

For me the X factor is Fulwiley who I believe plays a big chunk of this game and who I don’t believe Uconn has anyone that can effectively guard her. I believe each team will score below 80 and am expecting something like a 78-72 type game.

Something to keep an eye on, SC can be bad shooting FT’s and CGA surely has a plan of attack for this in the 4th if needed. SC also is surprisingly soft guarding the 3 this season, something else to keep an eye on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1. Flu bug runs through SC's locker room (just kidding)
2. Paige survives the game with both arms intact
3. SC doesn't win by more than 20

Reaction Score
All my hopes and wishes concern the freshmen:
  • Let KK finish her drives
  • Let Ash find the range
  • Let Q play with confidence
This is an opportunity for them to experience big game pressure. I hope they acquit themselves well.

Reaction Score
1. Fluid offense - 70 field goal attempts.
2. Tenacious defense with few fouls.
3. Balanced scoring.

Reaction Score
3 things I'd like to see happen are:

1. Brink from Stanford hit the portal Saturday morning, transfer and be in a Carolina uniform by tip-off.

2. Catlin Clark from IOWA hit the portal Saturday morning, transfer and be in a Carolina uniform by tip-off.

3. Someone put itch powder in Geno's undies and have to leave the game for a couple of quarters. :D

That said, Carolina 76 UCONN 73...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’m not taking the bait. Most UCONN fans are over doing it here and playing possum. This should be a tight game, similar to when S.C. has played other good teams like Utah, LSU and NC. This one will be a home game unlike those other three, but Cardoso being out is a way bigger loss than everyone is admitting.

For me the X factor is Fulwiley who I believe plays a big chunk of this game and who I don’t believe Uconn has anyone that can effectively guard her. I believe each team will score below 80 and am expecting something like a 78-72 type game.

Something to keep an eye on, SC can be bad shooting FT’s and CGA surely has a plan of attack for this in the 4th if needed. SC also is surprisingly soft guarding the 3 this season, something else to keep an eye on.
UConn primarily plays 7 and 4 of them are freshmen. How will they react against the top team, on the road, in a hostile environment? Impossible to predict this game without knowing that.

That having been said, this out of conference game is a dress rehearsal for the postseason. A win would be :D but playing well and improving some iffy parts of their game to a level that gives the Huskies a chance to go far in the postseason is the goal

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
UConn primarily plays 7 and 4 of them are freshmen. How will they react against the top team, on the road, in a hostile environment? Impossible to predict this game without knowing that.

That having been said, this out of conference game is a dress rehearsal for the postseason. A win would be :D but playing well and improving some iffy parts of their game to a level that gives the Huskies a chance to go far in the postseason is the goal
Read my mind. Regardless of outcome, it may show the coaches what needs to be tweaked for a postseason run.

Reaction Score
1) all our players still able to play at the final whistle ( no injuries, nobody in foul trouble)
2) all the polls needing to reevaluate just how good UConn really is after this one.
3) our guys all smiles in the handshake line!

Reaction Score
0 - sarah strong for a choice
1- Nika with 10 assists and no TO
2- no injuries
3 - Paige and Aaliyah playing their A games

Reaction Score
I just want UCONN to play well enough so that they have a positive experience. A game that builds confidence, rather than destroys it. I hope it remains a game until the very end. I hope the four freshman see that they can "run with the big dogs."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom