Top 3 things You Want to See in the DePaul game | The Boneyard

Top 3 things You Want to See in the DePaul game

Reaction Score
Three digits on the scoreboard next to UConn at the final buzzer. ;)
Threes starting to fall for UConn.
No more than three people complaining in the post game thread that Anna should not start. :)

Reaction Score
I missed the time and network for the DePaul game.Help!

Reaction Score
Three digits on the scoreboard next to UConn at the final buzzer. ;)
Threes starting to fall for UConn.
No more than three people complaining in the post game thread that Anna should not start. :)
Definitely hoping for at least the last two items on your list and in particular, your third, regarding ANNA

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Team goals: Limit DePaul to 10 or fewer made threes; commit 10 or fewer turnovers; shoot over 55% from the floor.

Player goals: Liv and Squeaks score 20+ each; a triple-double for Paige; Nika making 3+ shots.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
1) I thought Anna was exploited at times on D vs. Villanova. She's got to improve there.
2) productive minutes from Nika
3) Continued improvement for E. My overarching hope/wish/prayer for her is to see her have an indisputable statement game versus the LV. I suspect her teammates would run through brick walls to help her do that.

Last edited:

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
1. Cool clean dissection of an opponent through superior execution is fun and all but I hope Depaul gives us a chance to show some "punch us once, we'll punch you twice" competitive fire.
2. Anna getting a dozen or so.
3. Good minutes from Nika.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We need more scoring production from Anna Griff and Evina
More improvement on both sides of the ball
Nika score and get more minutes

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
1. I want to see ONO stay out of foul trouble the entire game, go over both shoulders on the block, and finish with 25/12. DePaul's tallest player is 6'2". The perfect back drop for Liv to have a field day.
2. More production from Makurat, a face up jumper from Griffin and a basket or two from Chassion.
3. Tough stingy "in your face" defense. A double digit lead at the half. Limit DePaul to 25% from beyond the arc (they shoot a bunch of 3's), allow 55 points or less total, and limit their trips to the foul line, similar to that in the Villanova game. I know that's more than 3, but that's what I want to see. ? Like a player said recently: "when the ball comes your way, make a play". That's good advice on BOTH ends of the floor.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Is this game know?
See my post: Game night. It will tell you everything you need to know about tonight's game. :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
See my post: Game night. It will tell you everything you need to know about tonight's game. :)

Any pregame comments from Doug?

Reaction Score
1. No injuries
2. Continued progress on ball movement, shot selection, field goal percentage, and a continuing FT%
3. Continuing to held teams below their averages in points and field goal percentages.

Reaction Score
1) I thought Anna was exploited at times on D vs. Villanova. She's got to improve there.
2) productive minutes from Nika
3) Continued improvement for E. My overarching hope/wish/prayer for her is to see her have an indisputable statement game versus the LV. I suspect her teammates would run through brick walls to help her do that.
Actually, Anna played decent defense, thanks to court iq, but, steals aside, Paige tends to get exploited more often, as she did in high school ball, especially closer to basket, but she’ll learn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom