That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
1) Nika healthy
2) No injuries
3) Players ready for passes from Paige and Nika

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Actually, Anna played decent defense, thanks to court iq, but, steals aside, Paige tends to get exploited more often, as she did in high school ball, especially closer to basket, but she’ll learn.
Just re-watched the 1st qtr to see if maybe I was not remembering accurately. I saw 4 gaffs on D by or with Anna.
6:40- bad switch and Siegrist gets a layup it looks to me like this is Anna's mistake, but ONO also was slow to rotate once Siegrist blew by Anna.
4:37- Anna blown by again by #32 but V doesn't see her all alone under the basket.
3:50- Siegrist blows by Anna but CW cuts her off.
3:43- Anna's weak close-out leaves Siegrist 6' open for a deep 3.
Geno takes Anna out in the next minute and Aubrey comes in... in fairness, Aubrey is immediately burned by Siegrist but, again, V makes a bad pass and she doesn't score. Villanova was really good on the screening/cutting game, but passing was an issue at times.

I've never been a coach and am no X and O wiz, but I think it's fair to say Anna was not playing good D in at least that quarter. Kinda looked like Geno agreed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Every Team Member Scores!
Great Defense!
Geno gives minutes to everyone! Especially if we are up by a lot!
Lots of Assists! Sorry, I had 4! Ha!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
1. I want to see ONO stay out of foul trouble the entire game, go over both shoulders on the block, and finish with 25/12. DePaul's tallest player is 6'2". The perfect back drop for Liv to have a field day.
2. More production from Makurat, a face up jumper from Griffin and a basket or two from Chassion.
3. Tough stingy "in your face" defense. A double digit lead at the half. Limit DePaul to 25% from beyond the arc (they shoot a bunch of 3's), allow 55 points or less total, and limit their trips to the foul line, similar to that in the Villanova game. I know that's more than 3, but that's what I want to see. ? Like a player said recently: "when the ball comes your way, make a play". That's good advice on BOTH ends of the floor.
I believe that Liv shot 9-9 against DePaul last season.

Reaction Score
Hope Aubrey can play. They said she was having back spasms in shoot around.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hope Aubrey can play. They said she was having back spasms in shoot around.
She played in the first half only. I believe she had 3 nice assists and 2 rebounds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom